• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

VW T-Cross

Redlight

Question

Hello everyone,

Im looking for a compact crossover and came across the VW T Cross. In comparison to the likes of the MG ZS, Toyota Raize, Hyundai Venue and Suzuki Vitara it seems to be a much more practical buy. I understand there’s likely very few owners due to the prevailing duty structure and price for such a class of vehicle, however, I’d like to know if anyone has driven the T Cross and their experiences with regards to comfort and practicality. Any advice in that direction or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. 

13 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Redlight said:

Hello everyone,

Im looking for a compact crossover and came across the VW T Cross. In comparison to the likes of the MG ZS, Toyota Raize, Hyundai Venue and Suzuki Vitara it seems to be a much more practical buy. I understand there’s likely very few owners due to the prevailing duty structure and price for such a class of vehicle, however, I’d like to know if anyone has driven the T Cross and their experiences with regards to comfort and practicality. Any advice in that direction or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi, good to see some open minded car buyers who are trying to see beyond the mainstream vehicles in Sri lanka. I don't think there are any T Cross owners in the forum,  not even the ones living abroad.  I have watched a few reviews on YouTube regarding T cross.  Seems like a decent crossover,  which is based on VW Polo. Sharing the T from VW crossover lineup such as Tiguan,  Touareg. Better watch some online reviews and decide.  By the way does the VW agent in SL bring down the T Cross? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Hi, good to see some open minded car buyers who are trying to see beyond the mainstream vehicles in Sri lanka. I don't think there are any T Cross owners in the forum,  not even the ones living abroad.  I have watched a few reviews on YouTube regarding T cross.  Seems like a decent crossover,  which is based on VW Polo. Sharing the T from VW crossover lineup such as Tiguan,  Touareg. Better watch some online reviews and decide.  By the way does the VW agent in SL bring down the T Cross? 

Thanks for the reply. I’m not aware if the agents bring down the T Cross. I’ve only ever seen it available at a car dealer that offers PCP financing for their fleet but even that was gone before I could view it. Hoping someone here would shed some light. 

even running a Jap car would be difficult  if not for our network of Folks staying legally and illegally in Japan, who are sending body parts and recondition parts for affordable prices compared to the agents

Edited by vag2
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:41 PM, vag2 said:

even running a Jap car would be difficult  if not for our network of Folks staying legally and illegally in Japan, who are sending body parts and recondition parts for affordable prices compared to the agents

Not all heroes wear capes

On 1/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, Redlight said:

Thanks for the reply. I’m not aware if the agents bring down the T Cross. I’ve only ever seen it available at a car dealer that offers PCP financing for their fleet but even that was gone before I could view it. Hoping someone here would shed some light. 

Someone I know bought that car. My first thought about it was its too small. But he's 6ft 2in tall. Seems to manage with it quite well. 

The car is still new so it's tough make any comments about it. However, I have heard enough horror stories about the 1ltr engines of VW group. That's the only reason I would stay away from 1ltr VWs and Audis. There 1.4ltr engines seem to be very popular here in UK. In fact the Audis are the most popular cars in the area where I live. I have actually never seen a T-Cross in UK roads yet. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Someone I know bought that car. My first thought about it was its too small. But he's 6ft 2in tall. Seems to manage with it quite well. 

The car is still new so it's tough make any comments about it. However, I have heard enough horror stories about the 1ltr engines of VW group. That's the only reason I would stay away from 1ltr VWs and Audis. There 1.4ltr engines seem to be very popular here in UK. In fact the Audis are the most popular cars in the area where I live. I have actually never seen a T-Cross in UK roads yet. 

I saw 3 T Cross vehicles here in SL so far. All around Colombo. 

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

UK people prefer Skoda which same vehicle cheaper or Audi same vehicle marginally expensive and luxurious

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:20 AM, kush said:

UK people prefer Skoda which same vehicle cheaper or Audi same vehicle marginally expensive and luxurious

SEAT is the other manufacturer same as SKODA share the same running gears from VW's, in terms of the price SEAT's sits lower than Skoda

12 hours ago, john cooper said:

SEAT is the other manufacturer same as SKODA share the same running gears from VW's, in terms of the price SEAT's sits lower than Skoda

Speaking of SEATS..there was a pretty white Seat Arona for sale by a dealership in the classifieds a while back.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:52 PM, Crosswind said:

Appreciate the input @Crosswind.  I'll have to wait it out to see how reliable the engines are. Thanks again.