• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car - 2.5 Mil & Below - Non Hatachback, Fuel Efficient

CaineRod

Question

Hello,

I am planning to buy a used car with a budget around 2.0 M to 2.5 M. The vehicle will be used to get to work daily, up & down from Panadura to Col. Most concerning areas,

1. Fuel Efficiency 

2. No Hatchback 

3. Less maintenance cost

I was looking at Proton gen 2 (2010), does anyone have any say on it?

Please provide kind feedback your considering the above. 

3 answers to this question

Toyota Vios

Mitsubishi Lancer CS1

Toyota Carina / Corona Premio CT210 212

Corolla 121

Some left field-ish options might be diesel Nissan Bluebirds and Mitsubishi Galants but these would have done astronomical mileage by now.

Honda Fit Aria was fuel efficient but had a CVT gearbox if i recall so not sure how they are doing this many years later

On 1/26/2020 at 9:27 AM, Devinda_Z said:

Toyota Vios

Mitsubishi Lancer CS1

Toyota Carina / Corona Premio CT210 212

Corolla 121

Some left field-ish options might be diesel Nissan Bluebirds and Mitsubishi Galants but these would have done astronomical mileage by now.

Honda Fit Aria was fuel efficient but had a CVT gearbox if i recall so not sure how they are doing this many years later

Hi Thanks for the response. 

Do you have any idea on the Proton gen 2 vehicles? there are a few out there, would like to get an idea in terms of fuel economy and performance?

Thank you  

On 1/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, CaineRod said:

Hi Thanks for the response. 

Do you have any idea on the Proton gen 2 vehicles? there are a few out there, would like to get an idea in terms of fuel economy and performance?

Thank you  

Personally i'd avoid a vehicle without proper local agent support and easy access to spare parts given that it's not even a brand that one can import parts from overseas with ease