• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

sammycajer

Question

Guys,

Im willing to buy a Mazda 3 (2007/2008) ride since it is a well looking vehicle with good performance (Currently im using Honda Civic EG8). And I will have to ride daily to my office from my home (Kadawatha - Nugegoda through expressway), i concern a bit about reasonable fuel consumption (with performance :D ) too. So,  I just want to no some stuffs about the ride before buying it. Appreciate your assistance regarding this.

1. Current reasonable market value

2. Is it difficult to re sell the vehicle?

3 Body & spare parts availability

4. Fuel Consumption

5. Any other pros & cons?

Thanks in Advance..

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, sammycajer said:

Guys,

Im willing to buy a Mazda 3 (2007/2008) ride since it is a well looking vehicle with good performance (Currently im using Honda Civic EG8). And I will have to ride daily to my office from my home (Kadawatha - Nugegoda through expressway), i concern a bit about reasonable fuel consumption (with performance :D ) too. So,  I just want to no some stuffs about the ride before buying it. Appreciate your assistance regarding this.

1. Current reasonable market value

2. Is it difficult to re sell the vehicle?

3 Body & spare parts availability

4. Fuel Consumption

5. Any other pros & cons?

Thanks in Advance..

1. 2.5 to 3.5 Million

2. Anything that isn't a Toyota will take more than a week to sell?

3. Mazna Motors in Additiya has all mechanical and body parts in stock

4.  Not sure 8-10 kmpl perhaps @mazdaspeed?

• Like 2

Go for the Axio

Toyota what you are looking for will be used by average John, maintained at service down the road with counterfeit parts, would have run to the moon and back but will have only 80K km or so on the clock. (These Toyota never seems to exceed 100K).

On the other hand Mazda would most probably used by a person who is passionate about motoring. There are plenty of decent ones with full service history and with lot of TLC.

Vios is not a upgrade from EG8 (best Civic to date in my view)

Due to the perceive negatives you should be able to get a better deal on the Mazda, buy cheap / sell cheap

Resale would be a bit harder than a Toyota, but depends on the condition of the vehicle. I remember in 2012, I was looking for a car, my mind was bouncing between the Axela/3 and 121, and finally settled with a 121 owned by a known person. The car served me for 7 years without absolutely no trouble (not even a flat tire). Took me around 2-3 weeks to sell as I was quoting 3 million. Then changed the price to 2.88million during the night and the first buyer who came on the next day morning gave an advance.

I have driven a 2007 Axela to check whether it suits my requirements. It won’t be as comfortable or refined as a Toyota, but has its own perks. The engine is very rev happy and just snaps to 4000-5000rpm   when you kick down. Steering has a nice weight and you get the feeling that the car is nicely planted on the road. The engine is noisy during the idle. Note that if you are around 6ft, you’ll need to look somewhere else. But the car I drove was from a sale and it wasn’t in perfect condition. Engine was okay, but it had met with a heavy frontal collision. Since I was looking for something with space and refinement I gave up the idea. When it comes to bells and whistles, some options are not yet available in the brand new Premio/Allion.

I sold my mazda axela in one day after advertising.Even though i liked the car it was too bumpy for my liking.I felt every small imperfection on road.Mazna motors is a good place if you know the owner if not the prices are astronomical.Loved everything about the car except the bumpiness.It takes a toll on body after a long trip.Had some rust issues under the seats and steering bore.dust like rusting

On 1/22/2020 at 7:43 AM, kush said:

Go for the Axio

Toyota what you are looking for will be used by average John, maintained at service down the road with counterfeit parts, would have run to the moon and back but will have only 80K km or so on the clock. (These Toyota never seems to exceed 100K).

On the other hand Mazda would most probably used by a person who is passionate about motoring. There are plenty of decent ones with full service history and with lot of TLC.

Vios is not a upgrade from EG8 (best Civic to date in my view)

Due to the perceive negatives you should be able to get a better deal on the Mazda, buy cheap / sell cheap

Thanks Brother

On 1/24/2020 at 8:11 PM, alpha17 said:

Resale would be a bit harder than a Toyota, but depends on the condition of the vehicle. I remember in 2012, I was looking for a car, my mind was bouncing between the Axela/3 and 121, and finally settled with a 121 owned by a known person. The car served me for 7 years without absolutely no trouble (not even a flat tire). Took me around 2-3 weeks to sell as I was quoting 3 million. Then changed the price to 2.88million during the night and the first buyer who came on the next day morning gave an advance.

I have driven a 2007 Axela to check whether it suits my requirements. It won’t be as comfortable or refined as a Toyota, but has its own perks. The engine is very rev happy and just snaps to 4000-5000rpm   when you kick down. Steering has a nice weight and you get the feeling that the car is nicely planted on the road. The engine is noisy during the idle. Note that if you are around 6ft, you’ll need to look somewhere else. But the car I drove was from a sale and it wasn’t in perfect condition. Engine was okay, but it had met with a heavy frontal collision. Since I was looking for something with space and refinement I gave up the idea. When it comes to bells and whistles, some options are not yet available in the brand new Premio/Allion.

Thanks Brother

On 1/24/2020 at 8:36 PM, GayanR said:

I sold my mazda axela in one day after advertising.Even though i liked the car it was too bumpy for my liking.I felt every small imperfection on road.Mazna motors is a good place if you know the owner if not the prices are astronomical.Loved everything about the car except the bumpiness.It takes a toll on body after a long trip.Had some rust issues under the seats and steering bore.dust like rusting

Thanks Brother.. How about Fuel Economy of the vehicle?

4 hours ago, sammycajer said:

Thanks Brother.. How about Fuel Economy of the vehicle?

average 9-10 city out 14.The engine is very rev happy and beautiful gauge cluster.I had a hard time driving normally without trying to do racing here and then.Always ended up doing around 8.5kmpl.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, Devinda_Z said:

1. 2.5 to 3.5 Million

2. Anything that isn't a Toyota will take more than a week to sell?

3. Mazna Motors in Additiya has all mechanical and body parts in stock

4.  Not sure 8-10 kmpl perhaps @mazdaspeed?

Thax Devinda_Z

Like to start off by thanking you for considering a Mazda .

Devinda has basically covered all aspects . Selling wise I've had not issues for my past 2 rides and I never lost value either hence would not be hard to sell if she's looked after properly. 

Parts are freely available and there are establishments who bring them down  in Delkanda and Aithidiya.

Skilled  People  are there in addition to Manza to fix any issues.

Good luck with the Hunt and be patient in your search for the one that you feel comfortable and get it check properly as there are some cars that have been messed up badly  by people  who have not looked after them properly e.g  Gear Box issues etc     

Oh Yes - Fuel well don't expect anything beyond 10-11 in Colombo city traffic , outstations with good speed should hit around 15-16 per KM. 

Edited by mazdaspeed
  • Like 1

Hi @mazdaspeed @Devinda_Z @kush @alpha17 @GayanR 

I'm looking at a 2016 Mazda 3, unregistered, brand-new car which is advertised for 11M.

Are there any common issues in this model that I should be aware of?

Following are details about it.
It doesn't have SkyActiv engine.

Brandnew Mazda 3 unregistered imported by the agents '0' mileage, 
2016 late 1600 CC full option, 
tip tronic auto transmission,
cruise control, 
auto headlamps and auto wipers. 
Factory fitted reverse camera with multi function display. 
Stormy blue mica exterior with black trim. 
Factory fitted Toyo nanoenergy tires. 
Inspected and serviced/programmed at Car Mart with records.