• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio vs Vios

Kosala123

I’m using car only 2 or 3 times a week. So which is best? Vios 2011 E Grade new face(83000km) vs vios E 2008 (14500).

I’m about to buy a car but I’m confused about milage and repair that might come.do these are the car i selected 

1).axio 2008 Limited edition , 145000km,silver colour,x grade

2).vios New face ,112000km,wine red,g grade

3).axio 2007  , 110000km,silver colour,x grade
Edited by iRage

I’m about to buy a car but I’m confused about milage and repair that might come.do these are the car i selected 

1).axio 2008 Limited edition , 145000km,silver colour,x grade

2).vios New face ,112000km,wine red,g grade

3).axio 2007  , 110000km,silver colour,x grade

These cars have been discussed to death and beyond the grave. Please do a search on these vehicles in the forum.

Rather than answering your question here are somethings you need to search for on many many online resources:

1. Read up on what cars would need in terms of preemptive and corrective maintenance work as they get old. 

2. Do a search on forums for the models you are looking at. You need to understand that specific models are going to be discussed in general. You will not find a thread for each model year

3.  Check what engine and transmission is in the car or model you are looking at. Do a search on those components. See if they are known for specific issues. You will notice that the components are used in other vehicles as well...see how they have done on other vehicles as well.

If you do the above research and then come and ask questions, your questions will be much much more rich and you will get many many responses and you will learn a lot. Right now your question means nothing to any actual/true petrol head.

Now to answer your question....

100,000+ km for these engines and vehicles is nothing....provided, and this is what is important...they have been taken care of properly by its past owners. That means all running maintenance done on time (so no using the car until the oil turns black and thick, waiting till brake pads are as thin as photo copy paper, etc..). In the past, with older vehicles, the pre-emptive maintenance schedules were such that there would be very very minor maintenance at the early stages of a car's life and then when it reaches 100k+ there would be a lot. So earlier on it would be cheap and later on more expensive. Modern cars are NOT like that....the workload for pre-emptive maintenance schedules are more or less spread out and cost wise it is more or less the same (granted there would be slight variances but not drastic like in the past...unfortunately in a country like Sri Lanka it is always expensive if you get it done at a decent garage with actually genuine parts...so it really does not matter what the mileage of the car is and what the car is). In the past work like changing the timing belt was a scary proposition...it is not like that these days...

This maintenance work is to be expected and that is why cars are supposed to depreciate...to account for the work that needs to be done.

So do NOT be afraid of a car just because it has 100K+ mileage on it. Be afraid of a car that has not been taken care of and does not have proper service records that can be verified (this applies to cars that show it has done only 35000km to those that show 1500000km).

Typically for a Toyota of your vintage the Toyota Japan pre-emptive service schedule would include thigns like:

- Inspect and adjust timing chain

- Inspect and change if required CVT oil (in SL this would need to be done either way)

- Replace all engine fluids

- Inspect and change if required spark plugs and coils

- Change filters (where appropriate)

- Inspect and refurbish brake components

- Replace suspension bushes 

- Inspect and replace if required leading/trailing control arms

- Clean throttle body

- Clean fuel injection system

- Inspect and replace if required all sensors

- Check air conditioning system, etc...

- Inspect head gasket, valve clearences.

- Inspect and replace if required valve cover gaskets and other smaller o-rings 

The list goes on....search the forum for things you have to do...

Now remember....if you maintained this car properly, some of these things would have been replaced at an earlier mileage maintenance point so you would only need to check them.

Again...what is important is maintenance history...if you cannot find verifiable service histories for these vehicles..then remember you will have to do a lot of maintenance work before you start using the car.

If you are buying an Axio or Vios for its "popularity" of being a cheap to maintain ride....then remember...the previous owners too bought them for the same reason. So the chances of these cars being well taken care of are quite slim...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kosala123 said:

But axio 2008 limited edition has 145000km milage. Vios new face 2010 has 112000km milage.and another axio (2007) Has 110000km.and I’m using car maximum 30km per week.so what should i buy? 

It's average millage for a 2008 one.Go for that one or find a lesser millage one if you like.millage can be only proven if it has service records going back to the year of import.Look at the condition of the car and service records rather than millage.

That mileage difference shouldn't matter much tbh - ensure service records are available and things like the timing belt etc have been changed and services carried out on time

Axio will feel better put together

Get in checked by an independent 3rd party 

6 hours ago, Kosala123 said:

But axio 2008 limited edition has 145000km milage. Vios new face 2010 has 112000km milage.and another axio (2007) Has 110000km.and I’m using car maximum 30km per week.so what should i buy? 

1 hour ago, Kosala123 said:

So one of these axio has scoop lights and multifunctional steering.would that help to my choice?

Dude....when you are buying a car like an Axio, Vios, Belta, Vitz, Allion, Premio, etc....your deciding factor should NOT be if the car has scoop lights, beige interior, winker lights, gold badge, etc..... You main and primary deciding factor should be the CONDITION AND SERVICE HISTORY of the car ! Everything else is an added bonus.

These models of cars were mostly bought by people for a cheap ride (just pump and use with no maintenance) and for show (impress the neighborhood hoochies and workmates with gold badges and winker mirrors). SO they are cars that are abused and hacked to death. Then dressed up to look shiny and new.

But hey...if you want to decide on buying a car based on scoop lights and gold badges...it is up to you..your money, your car :) 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, iRage said:

These cars have been discussed to death and beyond the grave. Please do a search on these vehicles in the forum.

Rather than answering your question here are somethings you need to search for on many many online resources:

1. Read up on what cars would need in terms of preemptive and corrective maintenance work as they get old. 

2. Do a search on forums for the models you are looking at. You need to understand that specific models are going to be discussed in general. You will not find a thread for each model year

3.  Check what engine and transmission is in the car or model you are looking at. Do a search on those components. See if they are known for specific issues. You will notice that the components are used in other vehicles as well...see how they have done on other vehicles as well.

If you do the above research and then come and ask questions, your questions will be much much more rich and you will get many many responses and you will learn a lot. Right now your question means nothing to any actual/true petrol head.

Now to answer your question....

100,000+ km for these engines and vehicles is nothing....provided, and this is what is important...they have been taken care of properly by its past owners. That means all running maintenance done on time (so no using the car until the oil turns black and thick, waiting till brake pads are as thin as photo copy paper, etc..). In the past, with older vehicles, the pre-emptive maintenance schedules were such that there would be very very minor maintenance at the early stages of a car's life and then when it reaches 100k+ there would be a lot. So earlier on it would be cheap and later on more expensive. Modern cars are NOT like that....the workload for pre-emptive maintenance schedules are more or less spread out and cost wise it is more or less the same (granted there would be slight variances but not drastic like in the past...unfortunately in a country like Sri Lanka it is always expensive if you get it done at a decent garage with actually genuine parts...so it really does not matter what the mileage of the car is and what the car is). In the past work like changing the timing belt was a scary proposition...it is not like that these days...

This maintenance work is to be expected and that is why cars are supposed to depreciate...to account for the work that needs to be done.

So do NOT be afraid of a car just because it has 100K+ mileage on it. Be afraid of a car that has not been taken care of and does not have proper service records that can be verified (this applies to cars that show it has done only 35000km to those that show 1500000km).

Typically for a Toyota of your vintage the Toyota Japan pre-emptive service schedule would include thigns like:

- Inspect and adjust timing chain

- Inspect and change if required CVT oil (in SL this would need to be done either way)

- Replace all engine fluids

- Inspect and change if required spark plugs and coils

- Change filters (where appropriate)

- Inspect and refurbish brake components

- Replace suspension bushes 

- Inspect and replace if required leading/trailing control arms

- Clean throttle body

- Clean fuel injection system

- Inspect and replace if required all sensors

- Check air conditioning system, etc...

- Inspect head gasket, valve clearences.

- Inspect and replace if required valve cover gaskets and other smaller o-rings 

The list goes on....search the forum for things you have to do...

Now remember....if you maintained this car properly, some of these things would have been replaced at an earlier mileage maintenance point so you would only need to check them.

Again...what is important is maintenance history...if you cannot find verifiable service histories for these vehicles..then remember you will have to do a lot of maintenance work before you start using the car.

If you are buying an Axio or Vios for its "popularity" of being a cheap to maintain ride....then remember...the previous owners too bought them for the same reason. So the chances of these cars being well taken care of are quite slim...

What about fuel consumption of axio 2008?

23 hours ago, Kosala123 said:

That's 120km per month. Why do you need to own a car, may I ask?

@Kosala123

Can you PLEASE stop opening new threads asking which bios or Axio you should buy ?

You are borderline spamming the forum AND members will not give you serious answers because they won't repeat the same reply in multiple threads.

Please continue your Axio vs. Vios discussion in one thread !!!

I would rather go with the trustworthy car with all the records. If non of them have the records, better off with the Vios. A relation of mine owns a pre-facelift Vios. With the body kit, spoiler and factory fitted alloy wheels, Vios looks much cooler than the Axio, but still it’s just a Yaris or a Belta with 1500cc engine. It’s not comfortable or well put together than the Axio. The engine is considerably rough than the one in the Axio, while sharing the same(due to some minor changes in JDM models). But performance wise Vios is better. You’ll get more options than the Axio X grade since the Vios has almost all the options available in the Axio G grade. Has a better audio system with those parcel shelf speakers, which can easily be upgraded with high end ones. Then the Vios has a sportier ride while the Axio is more comfort oriented. AFAIK, the 2010 Vios also shares the 4 speed auto box compared to the CVT box in the Axio, while the latter should be taken care of more frequently. So it’s your decision..

19 hours ago, Kosala123 said:

If you don’t Like to reply then be quit.don't make this your life.please 

Sorry...but we moderators actually have to moderate the forums..which include making sure that the forum does not get spammed. Which includes someone creating multiple threads for the same subject. Please go through the forum rules and learn what proper forum etiquette is.  This includes what, when and how you should create threads. 

As a motor-head and lover of cars I did reply to your questions before but stopped when your questions were becoming quite petty and a repetition with simply different years and grades of the same car (especially when it is obvious that you had not read any past posts about the vehicles...).  I am only replying as a moderator to ask you to not spam the forums by creating multiple threads for the same purpose. 

I wish you all the best in finding your car....but again..please DO NOT create more threads on the same topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...