Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

fiat fan

How can I import a Ram 1500 Limited 5.7 Hemi?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is doing good. 

So I recently saw one of these babies and I was wondering if I could import it to Sri Lanka? Besides having a humongous 5.7 hemi in it. Its a left hand drive.. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

 

Thank you. 

 

I put some extra pics in. Jumping around kike a kid

20200119_125815.jpg

20200119_130106.jpg

20200119_125644.jpg

20200119_125725.jpg

20200119_125747.jpg

20200119_125631.jpg

20200119_125638.jpg

20200119_125609.jpg

20200119_125535.jpg

20200119_125509.jpg

20200119_125457.jpg

20200119_125542.jpg

20200119_125550.jpg

20200119_125710.jpg

20200119_125753.jpg

20200119_125807.jpg

20200119_125823.jpg

20200119_125831.jpg

20200119_125844.jpg

20200119_125914.jpg

20200119_125958.jpg

20200119_130011.jpg

20200119_130148.jpg

20200119_130202.jpg

20200119_130212.jpg

20200119_130204.jpg

20200119_130155.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

****incorrect thread****

Edited by iRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one darn fine interior..and look at that tesla like infotainment unit! Dodge is upping their game it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

That's one darn fine interior..and look at that tesla like infotainment unit! Dodge is upping their game it seems.

and yet...Ford sells dozens of F series trucks for every Ram Dodge sells :)

As for how you can import one to SL...through deep..very very very deep pockets :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iRage said:

and yet...Ford sells dozens of F series trucks for every Ram Dodge sells :)

As for how you can import one to SL...through deep..very very very deep pockets :) 

 

I have seen a GMC pickup, an F150 raptor, two hellcats, an old Lincoln TownCar, a C6 Corvette convertible, some Camaros & some Chevy Tahoe hybrids here. So yeah, @fiat fan..how deep are your pockets?

Edited by □AVANTE□

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

I have seen a GMC pickup, an F150 raptor, two hellcats, an old Lincoln TownCar, a C6 Corvette convertible, some Camaros & some Chevy Tahoe hybrids here. So yeah, @fiat fan..how deep are your pockets?

I saw a new Cadillac escalade yesterday, also the older model hybrid and non-hybrid version in there in SL. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prefer the old Dodge RAM. It really looked like an aggressive raging Bull. The new Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Yukon look very imposing as well.

But then at a time when the car market in SL is importing small Japanese Kei cars due to taxes imposed based on the cc of engines, i would consider this a very bold call. 

Then again this would be a bank busting purchase. Do keep motivated and bring it along, i would like to see the beast next to kei cars and small sedans.

As for LHD, i think you can get it converted to RHD even in SL correct me if i am wrong. I have seen plenty of Hummers in SL together with Cadillac escalades so there must be a way, Perhaps i have seen a video of a Hummer H2 being converted from a LHD to RHD. this though was done in US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies guys. So I called couple of people in customs. The tax would be close to 30 Million. The cost to buy one is 12 Million. Conversion is north of 4 Million. So the total would be like 50 million rupees. 

As much as I love to get it down. Thats impossible, I would do charity with that money even if I could afford it. And buy a LWB Range Rover.

Hmmm I'm sad now😕

Edited by fiat fan
Spelling
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, fiat fan said:

Thanks for the replies guys. So I called couple of people in customs. The tax would be close to 30 Million. The cost to buy one is 12 Million. Conversion is north of 4 Million. So the total would be like 50 million rupees. 

As much as I love to get it down. Thats impossible, I would do charity with that money even if I could afford it. And buy a LWB Range Rover.

Hmmm I'm sad now😕

If u could get ur hands on a duty free permit/ministers permit the cost would probably be even cheaper 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, fiat fan said:

Thanks for the replies guys. So I called couple of people in customs. The tax would be close to 30 Million. The cost to buy one is 12 Million. Conversion is north of 4 Million. So the total would be like 50 million rupees. 

As much as I love to get it down. Thats impossible, I would do charity with that money even if I could afford it. And buy a LWB Range Rover.

Hmmm I'm sad now😕

Have u tried contacting someone in the UK and getting ur hand on a RHD American vehicle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dave8781 said:

If u could get ur hands on a duty free permit/ministers permit the cost would probably be even cheaper 

Unfortunately not connected to politics. I dont really want to buy somebody else's permit. Too shady. Also really expensive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dave8781 said:

Have u tried contacting someone in the UK and getting ur hand on a RHD American vehicle

My brother does live in the UK. But they don't  get most American vehicles due to the humongous size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×