• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Isuzu wizard Thoughts??

Dave8781

Interesting question....only thing I know is that...I only know one person who had one and he managed to roll the thing twice....the first time it just went on its side with nothing but dents and a broken rear quarter glass...second time it rolled over it required it to be scrapped as the A pillar caved in. Not sure if it is the driver or the car...but the driver is pretty good and also had a Strada that was uneventful and stayed with all wheels on the ground

Edited by iRage

On 1/19/2020 at 3:43 PM, iRage said:

Interesting question....only thing I know is that...I only know one person who had one and he managed to roll the thing twice....the first time it just went on its side with nothing but dents and a broken rear quarter glass...second time it rolled over it required it to be scrapped as the A pillar caved in. Not sure if it is the driver or the car...but the driver is pretty good and also had a Strada that was uneventful and stayed with all wheels on the ground

Mhh cuz I found a isuzu wizard with the BIGHORN 3.1 TD AUTO for just 2 mil.

Yah the vehicle I'm looking at has a double cab book(50-xxxx) but it has a very good engine with 4WD for a very reasonable price.

And another thing If I buy this I'm gonna be using this as my second car and will not be going at high speeds in this thing,just for town running as I like a diesal SUV.

9 hours ago, Dave8781 said:

Yah the vehicle I'm looking at has a double cab book(50-xxxx) but it has a very good engine with 4WD for a very reasonable price.

And another thing If I buy this I'm gonna be using this as my second car and will not be going at high speeds in this thing,just for town running as I like a diesal SUV.

Is this the same model on the picture or the model after? 

Reason for the question, Gen 2 4JX1 is not known for problems, unlike the previous model engine.

Gen 1 used the 4JG2 turbo but I am sure no intercooler as you see on bighorn's but 4JG2 is a reliable engine.

Look for the steering box excessive play, rare hatch door surrounding beading condition, make sure 4WD engage (i have had 2 Bighorn's with faulty vacuum controllers)

Overdrive - If the truck is an auto gear then let the engine warm up to the operating temp, Try to find a free road that you able to speed up to 70KM/H, just between 55 KM/h and 60 KM/h OD should engage as a direct drive gear.

good luck with your purchase!

regards,

JC

22 hours ago, Dave8781 said:

Don't be too surprised if the cops pull you over

They are known for hassling Trooper owners running on 31- & 32- books because of the body conversion issues so explaining a full body double cab may prove interesting. 

If they impound it then your 2 Mn rupee bargain might seem like less of a deal 

I'm curious, what makes you say it has a "good engine" ?

Does the engine number match the book? If not good luck getting it insured.

Also regarding you driving slowly, don't forget that someone could quite easily plow in to you at high speed......

3 hours ago, Dave8781 said:

I checked the body conversion documents everything is there and legit the weherahara documents.And the they also did the conversion 12 yrs ago

It is your call mate, money is your everyone here try to help you or indicate potential issues you may face.

Body permit issued to get Apple replaced with Apple, not lemon.

good luck!

regards,

JC

• Like 1