• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda ES1 Stutter Issue & Suspension Repairs

agent47

Question

Hey fellow fuel heads,

So I drive a Honda CIvic ES1 auto transmission. The car is in really good condition because every 5k kms the car has been put to service at Stafford like a prayer.

So today after collecting my vehicle from Stafford post service, these were the remarks.

1. Can someone please tell me if these are major repairs and give me an estimate of how much this will cost?

2. There's this issue in my vehicle where when I completely hault at a signal light and then accelerate, there's a slight stutter at the initial acceleration. Do you guys think that could be the spark plugs needing replacement?

Your great input will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG-20200118-WA0002~2.jpeg

Edited by Davy
Changed topic title. Added tags.

4 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Davy said:

1. They're mostly suspension repairs which are quite simple. 

2. Yes, very likely to be the spark plugs or an issue in the ignition system. 

Thanks Davy.

Anyone know where I can find this spark plug - NGK ZFR6J-11. I visited Teck Motors today but they didn't have it. Stafford had them but it was too expensive. LKR 1500 per plug is way too much. Anywhere else I can try?

I use an Honda ES1 (auto transmission). Ever since the vehicle was imported, it has been serviced at Stafford every 5k KMs like a prayer. So last week Stafford listed down areas that need repairs after a full service. Obviously I'm not gonna do repairs at Stafford because spare parts are way too expensive. So I visited Teck Motors in Punchikawatta and got a quote. I feel like their prices are a little high too (or I may be wrong?). Either way, could someone tell me if there's an alternate store to buy good Honda spares? And if the quote Teck has given me is reasonable?

IMG_20200119_170416.jpg

Edited by agent47

@agent47, I've merged your two threads as they are related. Please stick to one thread to discuss this issue.

You may also want to search the forum as Honda repair places and spare parts shops has been discussed before. 

Those prices look alright to me.