• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hilux vigo G vs Hilux invincible

L.K

Vigo and Invincible are grade/trim ranges....

The Vigo range was/is for the SEA market and used to be for some African markets. Thus, most of these were assembled in Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia.

The Invincible was for the UK/European market and was built in South Africa. 

Quality wise there really is no difference in either. However, specs are different (as they offered different engine options meeting different emission standards). Some differences in the Invincible (and other South African built models) exhaust system and fuel system caused issues in certain regions with poor fuel. However, this issue was also present in Vigo destined for certain markets. For example in East Timor our fleet had a few Vigos destined for Africa and it developed fuel system issues. However, i do believe these issues were resolved by the manufacturer and if you are looking ot buy used, they probably are fixed by now after being used in SL (if it ever did pop up).

The issue Sri Lankans have with the Invicible is the scare Sri Lankans have of cars from winter driven countries where the under carriage might have rust due to salted roads during winter. Also, if you look at an Invincible....they are actually used in fields and sites and off-road as well (i.e. they are used for what they are intended to be used for). However, Vigos are more than likely going to be city used vehicles and have not seen anything more than a puddle of mud or two....

So I owned a HL3 and my family Had an invincible back in 2011,

The deal with Both the above were  UK sold models, imported here after like 30k to 60k km 

The gearbox on the invincible was different as it had the 1KD FTV 3.0l

whereas the hl3 had the 2KD FTV 2.5l

both were manual, 

on comparison with a Thai domestic import, the UK ones had the rear diff lock, the gear ratios were different, and were more oriented for towing and getting up to speed on a highway. Overall interior and exteriors were less blingy, most had tow hitches and you were lucky to find one that hadn’t been abused in a farm. both my ones were personal imports FYI so hadn’t seen much action. Even then I had the issue of nuts in the front end seizing up and breaking through the threads.

Thai models had the LSD on the back instead of the diff lock, and if I remember right everything was 3l, and most were auto as well. They had no rust issues.

another thing, my 2kd hl3 model was having the tags, “made in Thailand” 

whereas the invincible tag the tags made in South Africa.

so upon selling the hl3 buyers were like this can’t be a UK cab, it has Thailand belts and bits blah blah, but I knew where it came from, eventually I got to know, few pickups that came like this, sellers made them look like Hilux Vigos, from Thailand and sold them saying non Uk pickups. 
Being their usual self, the dmt had tagged the country of import also as Thailand on some. So be careful, 

overall the Hilux chassis didn’t have much of a rust issue like the navaras, and the UK cab phobia is not that justified, we still have a l200 raging bull in the family. 240k ODD MILES done still going well, no major corrosion issues and it has not been that well cared for either, 
Find a good one, get it inspected and go for it,

Edited by tiv

2 hours ago, tiv said:

So I owned a HL3 and my family Had an invincible back in 2011,

The deal with Both the above were  UK sold models, imported here after like 30k to 60k km 

The gearbox on the invincible was different as it had the 1KD FTV 3.0l

whereas the hl3 had the 2KD FTV 2.5l

both were manual, 

on comparison with a Thai domestic import, the UK ones had the rear diff lock, the gear ratios were different, and were more oriented for towing and getting up to speed on a highway. Overall interior and exteriors were less blingy, most had tow hitches and you were lucky to find one that hadn’t been abused in a farm. both my ones were personal imports FYI so hadn’t seen much action. Even then I had the issue of nuts in the front end seizing up and breaking through the threads.

Thai models had the LSD on the back instead of the diff lock, and if I remember right everything was 3l, and most were auto as well. They had no rust issues.

another thing, my 2kd hl3 model was having the tags, “made in Thailand” 

whereas the invincible tag the tags made in South Africa.

so upon selling the hl3 buyers were like this can’t be a UK cab, it has Thailand belts and bits blah blah, but I knew where it came from, eventually I got to know, few pickups that came like this, sellers made them look like Hilux Vigos, from Thailand and sold them saying non Uk pickups. 
Being their usual self, the dmt had tagged the country of import also as Thailand on some. So be careful, 

overall the Hilux chassis didn’t have much of a rust issue like the navaras, and the UK cab phobia is not that justified, we still have a l200 raging bull in the family. 240k ODD MILES done still going well, no major corrosion issues and it has not been that well cared for either, 
Find a good one, get it inspected and go for it,

Does L200 is more powerful,economically,stability and comfortable than hilux ?

Powerful - probably no 

Economical- parts are not cheap 

Stability- same 

Comfort - softer suspension on the l200 but way less cabin room

But since it doesnt have a unicorn toyota badge, it's about 1 mil cheaper than a hilux, 

• Haha 1