• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic 1.0T service

abiman

Hello, 

My car (Civic 2019/feb manufactured 1.0T sedan, brought brand new in oct2019, imported from uk, made in turkey) now got 4800km on the clock after using for past 3 months.

The maintenance minder says I have 26 more days to service and according to how maintenance minder counts, I think it can clock over 6000km before reaching 0 days. 

60% of 4800km was in express ways. Didn't use it much in traffic (less than 50km, normal traffic, less than 10km reasonable traffic) so far and probably will not have to. However used it for short distance rides (~2 to 3 km, about 200 times) 

1. Should I go for 1st service now or should I wait for maintenance minder to reach 0, which will happen by early February. 

2. After 1st service should i wait for next service minder to reach 0 or better to do it early, when about 30 days remaining? 

Im asking this because Im not sure whether the maintenance minder can account for higher temperature and driving conditions of sri lanka. 

Thanks 

I've usually followed the maintenance minder (2018/SR Hatch) mine shows in KM so I've never had to ponder -I believe the maintenance minder calculates based on the number of stop starts etc - that's the reason it takes 3 days or so to display the next service due mileage after you service and reset. I think you're ok to stick to the schedule. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, Klord said:

I second what @matroska said. Follow the maintenance minder. 

By the way, this thread has lots of good information related to CivicX in Sri Lankan conditions. 

Hi, 

It is 6070km on odo now and maintenance minder says 19 more days remaining. My original estimate was wrong about when I will hit 0 days. I almost thought the counter was stuck when it was not dropping days (from 21days remaining) for last ~500km. But it dropped 2 days today after 235km ride yesterday (175km on E01) 

Im worried now as I keep less than 5000km service for my ce110 using mobil mx 15w-40.

Do you guys think to change your advice with current condition? 

Thanks

Edited by abiman

I have a 2018 1.0T civic as well and I have clocked 13,500 kms- and that's 90% Colombo in traffic driving. Once in a while an expressway run. In general:

1. Service indicator pops up between 4500-5000 kms and 6 months. My running is pretty consistent so that's easy enough to measure.

2. First 5000 odd kms was service A. At around 10,000 service B. Now again its showing the service due soon indicator and it says A. So it does alternate.

3. I don't service at the agents but the garage where I do my maintenance specializes in performance cars and they do recommend 5000 kms oil changes/6 months in local conditions- whatever comes first for turbo engines if a majority of your driving is the urban crawl.

In GENERAL if you stick to these guidelines I feel you may be ok. Its definitely more on the conservative side. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I have an Update:

The service minder counted down to 17days and A and B services requested. So I went to service today 02/14 at stafford as now odo is 6500km and worries me. 

The car manual and oil cap requests ACEA C2 grade oil. However stafford doesn't offer it. Further I wanted Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP, (which is C2)  which they dont have. Also Strafford didnt let me bring oil from outside too. 

They got mobil 1 advanced fuel economy which is ACEA A1/B1. So for now I decided to go with that. 

How bad this will be particulate filter? As I see many civics here with same 1.0T engine, they must be using non C2 graded oil too. 

I have to decide wether to go there again with A1/B1 oil based on advice from here. 

And the service advisor told me the particulate filter is inside fuel tank too  ??

4 hours ago, abiman said:

Hello all, 

I have an Update:

The service minder counted down to 17days and A and B services requested. So I went to service today 02/14 at stafford as now odo is 6500km and worries me. 

The car manual and oil cap requests ACEA C2 grade oil. However stafford doesn't offer it. Further I wanted Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP, (which is C2)  which they dont have. Also Strafford didnt let me bring oil from outside too. 

They got mobil 1 advanced fuel economy which is ACEA A1/B1. So for now I decided to go with that. 

How bad this will be particulate filter? As I see many civics here with same 1.0T engine, they must be using non C2 graded oil too. 

I have to decide wether to go there again with A1/B1 oil based on advice from here. 

And the service advisor told me the particulate filter is inside fuel tank too  ??

there was a lengthy discussion on oil in one of the dedicated civic threads - i recommend you have a read there.