• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Leasing company asking me to fix a gps locator. What to do? Please Advice

hustlehard

Hi guys just bought a Prius 2015 and now the leasing company is asking to fit a GPS meter which they will provide me with.
If i get the gps from the company, can i fix it by myself? is this a hard procedure? where can i get it done?
And can i fix it without been visible to the passengers of the car? Whats the price?

Edited by hustlehard

2 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Also if you don't pay the premium, it makes easy for them to locate the vehicle even you hide it somewhere :D

So make sure you know the location its installed in the car in order to disable it, when you hide it ?

• Haha 2

Is requiring a gps tracker a trend with leasing companies now?

A minus point i see in this is that all kinds of people (irresponsible, unprofessional.... and totally unwanted, etc etc) can track all your movements. If "posible" I would opt for a leasing company that does not require me to fit a tracker.

When I leased a vehicle last, many years ago, luckily gps was banned :-). 

Edited by eyepea
typo

It's standard practice in many other countries for budget motor insurance. They call it black box policy. They track when, where and how long you drive, where you park the car, sticking to speed limits, excessive acceleration and braking and give you points. If you are a careful driver, not doing late night driving or regular long distance driving and park in a safe place at night, you can get cheaper rates.

25 minutes ago, CNX said:

It's standard practice in many other countries for budget motor insurance. They call it black box policy. They track when, where and how long you drive, where you park the car, sticking to speed limits, excessive acceleration and braking and give you points. If you are a careful driver, not doing late night driving or regular long distance driving and park in a safe place at night, you can get cheaper rates.

UK is mostly famous for this.

1 hour ago, CNX said:

It's common for insurance companies. Not financing.

1 hour ago, SamN said:

It's common for insurance companies. Not financing.

Dear members,

I bought one GPS Tracker, from a known shop which was costing much more than other units sold in the market. The unit is a portable one has to be recharged, Every time you track, on mobile or Computer can notice the remaining battery charge. Can be carried inside the pocket. Tracker is to track small children and elders also can be tracked by the unit. Tracking by mobile and or computer.Tracker had saved my telephone bill.

Sylvester Wijesinghe.

Sylvi.