• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Better DVD player + navigator

SMadu

Hi,

I need to fix a new DVD player to my Axio. I would like it to be a multipurpose device with following attributes.

1. DVD, Audio player
  2. Navigation (built in or via phone)
  3. GPS (built in or via phone)
  4. Bluetooth connection (basically to connect mobile)
  5. Better sound quality

I did some search in the market and found following information

1. There are Pioneer and Kenwood players with phone mirror capability. But GPS function has to be obtained by using an additional gadget which cost around Rs. 25k.
  2. Non branded Android players with all the required functionalities, but not sure about the quality.

Could someone help me in getting more information. Are there Android players from the popular brands?

Thanks in advance.

Avoid the non branded ones. They don't have standard Toyota audio harness connectors and you'd have to cut and joint the cars' original wire harness. And they have horrible audio quality.

My take is get a good branded setup with Bluetooth for audio and use the mobile phone for navigation. In real life, nothing beats google maps for route planning and traffic updates in SriLankan roads.

Its like this 

The non branded android models have big screens and all the capability but. The lifetime of the item is dependant on your luck 

These things are like having a

Secondly of you are a purist or if you are used to listen to high end audio devices at home or elsewhere, the android generic ones will sound like crap even if you use infinity or nakamichi speakers.

My suggestion would be

Get a genuine  pioneer or kenwood unit, matching speakers and a small active sub, with screen mirroring. A built in Gps unit or android unit in a good brand will cost more. 

No point mentioning specific models, next time you read this, the 2020 lot will come with never kit.

Members,

There is a "TRACKER   which gives all tracking the vehicle traveler travels, can be used as a personal tracker.Cost is under Rs. 12000/00. Am not advertising this unit. I use one of this in my vehicle which cabe charged once in two days with a phone charger. Can be powered by the car.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

image.png

Edited by Sylvi
Deleted unwanted pics, as repeated three times

5 hours ago, Sylvi said:

Members,

There is a "TRACKER   which gives all tracking the vehicle traveler travels, can be used as a personal tracker.Cost is under Rs. 12000/00. Am not advertising this unit. I use one of this in my vehicle which cabe charged once in two days with a phone charger. Can be powered by the car.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi

While appreciating you sharing this information, please note that this thread is about car audio and GPS navigation, not GPS tracking. 

Also, 12,000 is expensive for a GPS tracker, unless you're tracking a fleet or something. There are so many cheap trackers on eBay for less than 3000. You can buy one of them and install a free app which gives all functionality. 

Edited by Davy

8 hours ago, Davy said:

While appreciating you sharing this information, please note that this thread is about car audio and GPS navigation, not GPS tracking. 

Also, 12,000 is expensive for a GPS tracker, unless you're tracking a fleet or something. There are so many cheap trackers on eBay for less than 3000. You can buy one of them and install a free app which gives all functionality. 

Davy

Thank you for your post, I did by posting on to above Thread.

The said tracker reason to buy was. I was invited for a Computer show room opening. so I have to buy something worth more than Rs. 10000/ therefore I bought that unit, "TRACKER X" unit can be used as a personal tracker.Actual cost was less than Rupees 12000/=little above Rupees 11000/=. Tracker unit importer came to my house had a very long chat on the next day when I complained about on the unit is not functioning correctly. He explained about the unit and program all what I wanted also educated me more functions which can be extended by using software which he has done on his own, for the "TRACKER X" unit. Even the manufacturer did not incorporated originally.Original instructions leaflet do not mention any thing about those.

This explanation I got from the web.

r KidGPS Tracker for carGPS Tracking Software

GPS needs no introduction now. As you are aware, GPS tracking devices are widely used in commercial trucks, schools buses, cars etc., to accurately track their location and movement. Despite its growing usage, there is a big need to clear the air with regard to the difference between GPS Navigator and GSP Tracker. We come across several people mistaking GPS Tracker for a GPS Navigator. We also found several people assume that both are one and the same.

There is a fundamental difference between the two based on their functionality and utility. Let us explore.

0*YuOf6UViwztAhKU9.png?q=20
0*YuOf6UViwztAhKU9.png

GPS Navigation’s systems are primarily used to locate addresses and lend directions towards any assigned destination. When GPS Navigation systems are fitted to your car, it can help you locate the address and allow you to reach the accurate spot by following the direction shown in the navigation dashboard. Navigation systems make use of the data sent by satellites and display the details in the dashboard attached with the navigation device. The handy navigation device can be easily fitted to your car or any other vehicle to help you navigate through any route and to reach your preferred destination without seeking direction from people on the streets. It works with pin-point accuracy allowing you to reach your destination quite comfortably.

On the other hand, GPS Tracker is a device which is used to display specific information to someone who is away from the device. Though tracker too makes use of Satellite to send and receive data, it comes with options to connect with the other person by making or receiving a call. Tracker helps the person at the other end to exactly know the location of the tracker holder and also be able to communicate instantly. Tracker device comes with hosts of benefits over and above mobile phones.

Although the said the mistake I had done. To a thread which is not what we discuss about. I think that tracking is also based on the GPS. If not you cannot navigate, or find a station you have to travel.

Sylvester Wijesinghe.

Sylvi.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I want to get an excellent proprietary setup with Bluetooth for audio and use my cell phone for navigation. In real life, nothing beats Google maps for route planning and traffic updates on the roads. Buy a real Pioneer or Kenwood with matching speakers and a small active subwoofer with screen mirroring. A built-in GPS navigator or android device of a good brand will cost more. Maybe you have a Best Truckers GPS 2021 in mind? I would like to know what you think. I can't find a suitable device anywhere. Other than the ones I have listed. But that's not what I need.

Edited by Grekalis