Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prime

Journey with Aqua Gs

Recommended Posts

First of all apologies for opening a new thread to show my new ride. This might be a regular car for autolankans. But thought of writing on it as it is slightly different from ones you see day-to day. 

First of all I would like to say that I'm typical car buyer who buy japanese cars though I love to ride a beemer or six cylinder jap car due to financial reasons. My last drive was a toyota vitz (2007) which became a pain due to very low fuel consumption (I drive about 70-90km daily), and vibration issue. It cost significant fraction of my salary for fuel. I was thinking about buying used F10 520D, but I dropped that idea due to the reason that spending 7-8 mil in 8 year old car was useless. Then I started hunting an aqua(2015 or up) mainly due to fuel economy. While on hunting suddenly I noticed this car which was in a sale at Kalutara n had a look. Other thing was I wanted to exchange car with my Vitz. (I couldn't go through that pain of selling a car with lot of time wasting). Finaly they agreed to exchange those two. 

So here I present my new Toyota Aqua Gs (2015)...

This car had been imported by the same car sale in 2017. First owner of the car had been used it carefully. I got service records for the past 2 years as well and clocked at 46000km. Had original tyres on it, but threads were worn out. So I had to change tyres at 1st. Due to the cost factor I went for Chinese set. Will see how it goes..20191211_060734.thumb.jpg.506f8a919a31466bdab1d717000ca3c9.jpg

Car had been modified in Japan by these guys http://www.autoworld-custom.com/.

Headlights came with angle eyes and all the other lights had been changed.20191211_065953.thumb.jpg.d8f65d7d252b608de226b93c53418b79.jpg20191102_185046.thumb.jpg.20cfd599c550b18d34d39b79bb9c762f.jpg

Side mirror glasses had been changed to ones with light blue tinge and signal LED arrow. Mirrors also have welcome lights. When I bought this right side mirror glass had been shattered due to some reason and I had to replace it with normal aqua glass. Indicator is still visible at dark but not visible with bright sun light. If any of you guys has an idea where to find this glass (right side) please let me know.

20191210_172615.thumb.jpg.ed2c79891ae658a85ba14978c15bbeb4.jpg20191210_172642.thumb.jpg.bde378981453af52a95de23cea61aea4.jpg

She  came with dual exhausts which are functional with nice beat. I dont have undercarriage photo at the moment. 

20191103_115253.thumb.jpg.ec494aa1c4c86b64b3a24e94d4ee1adf.jpg20191211_060425.thumb.jpg.a64a99e5cf37c873abf25238865f7c24.jpg

Bonnet is supported by gas struts/hood dampers on both sides20191211_060719.thumb.jpg.3fedb4420695e64aa2f7788d7baf162d.jpg

This has stock 17 inch alloys with caliper covers in red. Caliper cover letters glow in white in the dark and inner side of all wheels glow in yellow (LED).20191211_060744.thumb.jpg.bdd3da7ca576a658aab510b3cafec941.jpg20191213_200023.thumb.jpg.038eafbc10875ab73cf42bee5124cffc.jpg
That's about exterior. How is the interior?20191103_115129.thumb.jpg.377798b62fa1762b3012ac7e6f5f0ddf.jpg

A pillars have tweeters and on right side there is RPM meter. Usually tweeters are on the doors in aqua. Steering has been replaced with modified version. Start/stop button covered with a sticker. Pedals had been customized. Seat covers has been applied.20191102_182936.thumb.jpg.82d735ef84d0ddfba3afc5acf9e45b1c.jpg

20191103_115236.thumb.jpg.371ed7dd82ca4efd5860c9f5ca4983ec.jpg

this is the gear shifter.. color changed to red when on reverse.

20191213_200241.thumb.jpg.940236061bdc100c7ceda12affb71dc7.jpg20191213_200255.thumb.jpg.93b1545a352ad15c9689b0de4f388b7b.jpg

This is the reading light on the hood which has something else as well. ? Air purifier? I have no idea. But it has a fan or some thing.

20191213_200312.thumb.jpg.f42e4fcfb59e265e1aa2fba7d5be46ad.jpg

Came with a throttle controller which has 3 modes. Eco, normal and sports. Yet to check sports mode...

20191213_200103.thumb.jpg.6bd66571609600e9924d2d5f29f6118f.jpg

So that's it for now.. will update on new things..

20191121_195253.thumb.jpg.417a49107856f566d488c654c488557c.jpg

 

 

 

20191103_115217.jpg

20191211_060602.jpg

Edited by Prime
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The G's version is the old GR Sport version. That thing should have stiffer suspension and more suspension parts like lower and upper strut bars than the standard Aqua of the time, interestingly looking at the photo of your car's engine bay looks like it does not have the upper strut bar...I wonder if the lower ones are there.... The current GR Sport has some additional under carriage braces as well...not sure if the G's came with it as well...

I have always said that the Aqua has a very lively frame....it is let down by the soft suspension and numb and delayed steering...most of which get fixed a lot in the GR Sport with the suspension upgrades. So you do have a pretty nice car. Hope you have plenty of fun filled miles with it...

 

....congrats on your car !

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing on the light is an air purifier.....it is an after market unit that can be purchased at the Toyota dealer or any car parts shop.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but I do think the original seat covers look nicer :)p1.jpg?ct=0a2bd7101e62

I was wrong....stock stiffening seems to come in terms of undercarriage welds and braces

p2.jpg?ct=0a2bd7101e62

p3.jpg?ct=0a2bd7101e62

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iRage said:

Sorry but I do think the original seat covers look nicer :)p1.jpg?ct=0a2bd7101e62

I was wrong....stock stiffening seems to come in terms of undercarriage welds and braces

p2.jpg?ct=0a2bd7101e62

p3.jpg?ct=0a2bd7101e62

Thank you iRage. Yes original seats are nicer. They r untouched I guess. Also I received original Gs carpet set which has not been used to any extent. With regards to bars - yes this has sort of undercarriage bars which comes in Gs. Suspention coils r red in colour. So I guess all the dearler options r there. Rear emblem set is missing with rear viper. Probably due to modifications.

Now they produce GR version only.

Edited by Prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prime said:

This is an stupid question.. Is there any chance of suspension height adjustment? 

No...as you can see the shocks are fix height. They are tuned for the Gs with a slightly stiffer spring and damping rate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Prime Truly a sweet ride! Happy motoring! Is the gearknob illumination a standard Gs feature? I suggest opening a blog entry with awesome pics & a review on the ride quality & driving pleasure! You can help support iRage's claims on the Aqua being a different animal compared to other Toyotas too! A good car deserves a good reputation!

@iRage is there any handling difference between a standard appliance aqua & an X Urban? 

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, □AVANTE□ said:

@Prime Truly a sweet ride! Happy motoring! Is the gearknob illumination a standard Gs feature?

@iRage is there any handling difference between a standard appliance aqua & an X Urban? 

I don't know..I have never driven an X Urban or the Crossover grade. It just says the height is different and looking at the parts itself the shocks and springs have slighlty different specs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iRage said:

No...as you can see the shocks are fix height. They are tuned for the Gs with a slightly stiffer spring and damping rate.

Thank u @iRage. If shocks change with adjustable ones (like GECKO/GAB) is it possible to increase height slightly? Having a plan to do so if possible. Btw not in the near future.

 

2 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

@Prime Truly a sweet ride! Happy motoring! Is the gearknob illumination a standard Gs feature? I suggest opening a blog entry with awesome pics & a review on the ride quality & driving pleasure! You can help support iRage's claims on the Aqua being a different animal compared to other Toyotas too! A good car deserves a good reputation!

@iRage is there any handling difference between a standard appliance aqua & an X Urban? 

Thank you @□AVANTE□. I dont think illumination around the gear knob is Gs feature. But that is a part of modification. Fixation of tweeters and RPM meter to A pillar is very neat. Handling vise better than a premio/vitz. Thats all I can say. Suspension system is stiff. Yet to check throttle controller with sports mode.

20191217_140231.thumb.jpg.ada0e992a5e536c5663d17fe5dd5aab5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Prime said:

Thank you iRage. Yes original seats are nicer. They r untouched I guess. Also I received original Gs carpet set which has not been used to any extent. With regards to bars - yes this has sort of undercarriage bars which comes in Gs. Suspention coils r red in colour. So I guess all the dearler options r there. Rear emblem set is missing with rear viper. Probably due to modifications.

Now they produce GR version only.

The G in G's stand for Gazoo...Gazoo is Toyota's tuning division. When Gazoo tuning first was established, the models that got Gazoo tuning were called G's (Gazoo's or Gazoo Sport). Later on they established a tuning hierarchy. With that they replaced G's with GR Sport/ GR Sport (then G'r) is similar to the RS spec that cars used to have with TRD tune-ups. They only have chassis and suspension upgrades. The next level is GR, again only chassis and body tuning but to a higher degree. Highest is GRMN...these are limited models and they upgrade everything from engine (for more power) to the chassis and body. 

There are customizing packages offered in Japan by various 3rd parties in Japan. Most of these are simply visual packages (illuminating gear lever bezel, a pillar dials, etc...). Additions such as the throttle controller, coilover kits, etc..are extras and not part of the kit per say (unless the tuner issues a limited spec model of the car..which some tuning houses do..like TOM's for example..)

 

8 minutes ago, Prime said:

Thank u @iRage. If shocks change with adjustable ones (like GECKO/GAB) is it possible to increase height slightly? Having a plan to do so if possible. Btw not in the near future.

 

Yes...you can adjust the ride height by putting adjustable coilovers....you need to be careful about how much you are going to raise and lower it by..because beyond a certain threshold the telemetry of the suspension and steering gets messed up and then you need to buy additional stuff to set it right :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An ownership thread! Woohoo!! hope you'll keep posting updates on this thread... and more pics are always welcome!

The car certainly stands out, from the first look. How much of a difference does the mechanical changes make? Have you had a chance to drive an ordinary Aqua or an Axio/Allion/Premio to compare? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

The car certainly stands out, from the first look.

Yes. Must say that not a Toyota fan and certainly not an Aqua fan. But I make an exception on this case. Love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice ride! Those side mirrors with the blue tint are called as anti glare mirror. I highly doubt you will find a replacement for it in SL but you might be able to get one down through Rakuten

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iRage said:

The G in G's stand for Gazoo...Gazoo is Toyota's tuning division. When Gazoo tuning first was established, the models that got Gazoo tuning were called G's (Gazoo's or Gazoo Sport). Later on they established a tuning hierarchy. With that they replaced G's with GR Sport/ GR Sport (then G'r) is similar to the RS spec that cars used to have with TRD tune-ups. They only have chassis and suspension upgrades. The next level is GR, again only chassis and body tuning but to a higher degree. Highest is GRMN...these are limited models and they upgrade everything from engine (for more power) to the chassis and body. 

There are customizing packages offered in Japan by various 3rd parties in Japan. Most of these are simply visual packages (illuminating gear lever bezel, a pillar dials, etc...). Additions such as the throttle controller, coilover kits, etc..are extras and not part of the kit per say (unless the tuner issues a limited spec model of the car..which some tuning houses do..like TOM's for example..)

 

Yes...you can adjust the ride height by putting adjustable coilovers....you need to be careful about how much you are going to raise and lower it by..because beyond a certain threshold the telemetry of the suspension and steering gets messed up and then you need to buy additional stuff to set it right :) 

@iRage you are an encyclopaedia. Thanx for tha wonderful explanation as you always does. Hope sri lankan guys who do these adjustable coilovers know their limitations. 

 

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

An ownership thread! Woohoo!! hope you'll keep posting updates on this thread... and more pics are always welcome!

The car certainly stands out, from the first look. How much of a difference does the mechanical changes make? Have you had a chance to drive an ordinary Aqua or an Axio/Allion/Premio to compare? 

@Hyaenidae Yes. I will keep posting. I had premios (260) for nearly 5 years and later changed to vitz. Compared to them handling feels somewhat better. But being a hybrid, throttle response is weaker. Turning radius feels like larger compared to others probably due to 17 inch wheels. Once I have driven Honda CRZ. That car was more responsive I think. No experience with other aqua... 

@K.o.N.o.S Thank you. I was not a fan of aqua either, till I bought this. Actually I had no idea to buy a hybrid in the past. Later considerd due to fuel economy. I must say both premios I had, had very good fuel economy compared to Vitz.

@Magnum Than you. Yes. It is difficult to find those mirrors here. I found a seller at Aliexpress who sell similar ones and on inquiry they said they have it but I have to buy both sides which cost about Rs. 14000. Still not thought about buying coz at the moment I can manage with existing one except for cosmetic issue. Found on Rakuten. Cost 17300JPY without shipping.https://item.rakuten.co.jp/factorydirect/lm-to38a/?s-id=sd_browsehist_search_sp

Edited by Prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Prime,

What a nice ride mate!

It is very rare for us to see them here in NZ and i got one of my mate import a white G's for his wife, I think that the only Aqua G's that I have seen by far.

I got a question, any reason why are you showing the engine number and chassis number below the number plate? I don't think my father got this in his Hilux, unsure if that a legal requirement by the police or RMV??

 

Regards,

JC

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john cooper said:

Hello Prime,

What a nice ride mate!

It is very rare for us to see them here in NZ and i got one of my mate import a white G's for his wife, I think that the only Aqua G's that I have seen by far.

I got a question, any reason why are you showing the engine number and chassis number below the number plate? I don't think my father got this in his Hilux, unsure if that a legal requirement by the police or RMV??

 

Regards,

JC

Than you @john cooper. I dont know wether Gs was available for International market. @iRage can shed light on that. Regarding engine no plate. That is not a requirement by low in any means. Only thing is that you have to keep a copy of CR with you in addition to regular documents. That low applicable to all the vehicles. I personally  don't like to that board being displayed. In Sri Lanka that thing became popular somehow.  What happens here is one person start it. Then others follow it blindly. In my one that board is firmly adhered to buffer and difficult to remove. So I didn't try to remove it as removing that board might leave a patch on front grill. So no option other than to keep it. Anyway that chassis no and engine no is wrong and not compatible with CR. Once I tried to get details from RMV using those numbers (paid service) and was unsuccessful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Prime said:

@iRage you are an encyclopaedia. Thanx for tha wonderful explanation as you always does. Hope sri lankan guys who do these adjustable coilovers know their limitations. 

If you go to one of the reputed garages like GECKO agent's recommended installers then they know exactly what to do. If you buy the equipment and give it to a road side garage..then definitely not.

I have driven a normal Aqua (my father in law's fully loaded G grade that cost more than a loaded Premio...don't ask...) and  GR Sport 17" package. The suspension upgrades and chassis braces make a huge difference. The already lively frame is more crisp with the body braces and is more direct due to the lesser body roll. The steering however is still light and has not much feed back. The ride definitely feels stiffer than the standard Aqua but nothing too drastic than an average euro hatch. The standard aqua does feel more cloudy than the GR Sport on long rides...

Basically..you do not buy the GR Sport is comfyness is your highest concern....although it is not that bad.

1 minute ago, Prime said:

Than you @john cooper. I dont know wether Gs was available for International market. @iRage can shed light on that. Regarding engine no plate. That is not a requirement by low in any means. Only thing is that you have to keep a copy of CR with you in addition to regular documents. That low applicable to all the vehicles. I personally  don't like to that board being displayed. In Sri Lanka that thing became popular somehow.  What happens here is one person start it. Then others follow it blindly. In my one that board is firmly adhered to buffer and difficult to remove. So I didn't try to remove it as removing that board might leave a patch on front grill. So no option other than to keep it. Anyway that chassis no and engine no is wrong and not compatible with CR. Once I tried to get details from RMV using those numbers (paid service) and was unsuccessful. 

The G's and GR Sport was/is only offered in the Aqua. Since the Aqua is only offered in Japan and the export markets have the Prius C, the G's and GR Sport was available only in Japan. However, grey importers in other countries import them from Japan so you can buy these outside of Japan. In Singapore these are available as grey imports even by the local Toyota agents (I am sure there are cases like that in Australia as well).

You can always take those signs off...just need patience and some elbow grease. At most you will tear of some of the paint..in which case you will have to do a touch up job....if you are unwilling to do that...perhaps you can cut off the bottom part so it does not show up and what is remaining is covered by the actual number plate ?

Yes...driving around with garage plates was (and is) a thing....apparently people thought it was gangsta-ish :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 6:58 AM, Prime said:

So here I present my new Toyota Aqua Gs (2015)...

20191211_060734.thumb.jpg.506f8a919a31466bdab1d717000ca3c9.jpg

20191211_065953.thumb.jpg.d8f65d7d252b608de226b93c53418b79.jpg
 

Beautiful ride mate..!! Congratz..!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Prime said:

First of all apologies for opening a new thread to show my new ride. This might be a regular car for autolankans. But thought of writing on it as it is slightly different from ones you see day-to day. 

First of all I would like to say that I'm typical car buyer who buy japanese cars though I love to ride a beemer or six cylinder jap car due to financial reasons. My last drive was a toyota vitz (2007) which became a pain due to very low fuel consumption (I drive about 70-90km daily), and vibration issue. It cost significant fraction of my salary for fuel. I was thinking about buying used F10 520D, but I dropped that idea due to the reason that spending 7-8 mil in 8 year old car was useless. Then I started hunting an aqua(2015 or up) mainly due to fuel economy. While on hunting suddenly I noticed this car which was in a sale at Kalutara n had a look. Other thing was I wanted to exchange car with my Vitz. (I couldn't go through that pain of selling a car with lot of time wasting). Finaly they agreed to exchange those two. 

So here I present my new Toyota Aqua Gs (2015)...

This car had been imported by the same car sale in 2017. First owner of the car had been used it carefully. I got service records for the past 2 years as well and clocked at 46000km. Had original tyres on it, but threads were worn out. So I had to change tyres at 1st. Due to the cost factor I went for Chinese set. Will see how it goes..20191211_060734.thumb.jpg.506f8a919a31466bdab1d717000ca3c9.jpg

Car had been modified in Japan by these guys http://www.autoworld-custom.com/.

Headlights came with angle eyes and all the other lights had been changed.20191211_065953.thumb.jpg.d8f65d7d252b608de226b93c53418b79.jpg20191102_185046.thumb.jpg.20cfd599c550b18d34d39b79bb9c762f.jpg

Side mirror glasses had been changed to ones with light blue tinge and signal LED arrow. Mirrors also have welcome lights. When I bought this right side mirror glass had been shattered due to some reason and I had to replace it with normal aqua glass. Indicator is still visible at dark but not visible with bright sun light. If any of you guys has an idea where to find this glass (right side) please let me know.

20191210_172615.thumb.jpg.ed2c79891ae658a85ba14978c15bbeb4.jpg20191210_172642.thumb.jpg.bde378981453af52a95de23cea61aea4.jpg

She  came with dual exhausts which are functional with nice beat. I dont have undercarriage photo at the moment. 

20191103_115253.thumb.jpg.ec494aa1c4c86b64b3a24e94d4ee1adf.jpg20191211_060425.thumb.jpg.a64a99e5cf37c873abf25238865f7c24.jpg

Bonnet is supported by gas struts/hood dampers on both sides20191211_060719.thumb.jpg.3fedb4420695e64aa2f7788d7baf162d.jpg

This has stock 17 inch alloys with caliper covers in red. Caliper cover letters glow in white in the dark and inner side of all wheels glow in yellow (LED).20191211_060744.thumb.jpg.bdd3da7ca576a658aab510b3cafec941.jpg20191213_200023.thumb.jpg.038eafbc10875ab73cf42bee5124cffc.jpg
That's about exterior. How is the interior?20191103_115129.thumb.jpg.377798b62fa1762b3012ac7e6f5f0ddf.jpg

A pillars have tweeters and on right side there is RPM meter. Usually tweeters are on the doors in aqua. Steering has been replaced with modified version. Start/stop button covered with a sticker. Pedals had been customized. Seat covers has been applied.20191102_182936.thumb.jpg.82d735ef84d0ddfba3afc5acf9e45b1c.jpg

20191103_115236.thumb.jpg.371ed7dd82ca4efd5860c9f5ca4983ec.jpg

this is the gear shifter.. color changed to red when on reverse.

20191213_200241.thumb.jpg.940236061bdc100c7ceda12affb71dc7.jpg20191213_200255.thumb.jpg.93b1545a352ad15c9689b0de4f388b7b.jpg

This is the reading light on the hood which has something else as well. ? Air purifier? I have no idea. But it has a fan or some thing.

20191213_200312.thumb.jpg.f42e4fcfb59e265e1aa2fba7d5be46ad.jpg

Came with a throttle controller which has 3 modes. Eco, normal and sports. Yet to check sports mode...

20191213_200103.thumb.jpg.6bd66571609600e9924d2d5f29f6118f.jpg

So that's it for now.. will update on new things..

20191121_195253.thumb.jpg.417a49107856f566d488c654c488557c.jpg

 

 

 

20191103_115217.jpg

20191211_060602.jpg

Wooh, What a nice ride mate! Congratulations 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
10
17 hours ago, iRage said:

If you go to one of the reputed garages like GECKO agent's recommended installers then they know exactly what to do. If you buy the equipment and give it to a road side garage..then definitely not.

I have driven a normal Aqua (my father in law's fully loaded G grade that cost more than a loaded Premio...don't ask...) and  GR Sport 17" package. The suspension upgrades and chassis braces make a huge difference. The already lively frame is more crisp with the body braces and is more direct due to the lesser body roll. The steering however is still light and has not much feed back. The ride definitely feels stiffer than the standard Aqua but nothing too drastic than an average euro hatch. The standard aqua does feel more cloudy than the GR Sport on long rides...

Basically..you do not buy the GR Sport is comfyness is your highest concern....although it is not that bad.

The G's and GR Sport was/is only offered in the Aqua. Since the Aqua is only offered in Japan and the export markets have the Prius C, the G's and GR Sport was available only in Japan. However, grey importers in other countries import them from Japan so you can buy these outside of Japan. In Singapore these are available as grey imports even by the local Toyota agents (I am sure there are cases like that in Australia as well).

You can always take those signs off...just need patience and some elbow grease. At most you will tear of some of the paint..in which case you will have to do a touch up job....if you are unwilling to do that...perhaps you can cut off the bottom part so it does not show up and what is remaining is covered by the actual number plate ?

Yes...driving around with garage plates was (and is) a thing....apparently people thought it was gangsta-ish :) 

 

"Gangsta" :) lol

Nothing for my dad to worry then because he is an innocent Sri Lanka civilian.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what....it is not safe to be driving around with chassis/engine number publicly displayed in SL Because of how our system works you never know if someone is going to take your info and put it on another car :) 

Oh the joys of living in such an honest and pure country....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kmeeg  & @ICL thank you very much. 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

No matter what....it is not safe to be driving around with chassis/engine number publicly displayed in SL Because of how our system works you never know if someone is going to take your info and put it on another car :) 

Oh the joys of living in such an honest and pure country....

That's very true iRage. Will try again to remove at least numbers. Red plate is kind of cute n matches with the color of car. Btw I'm not a 'gangster'😁😁😁

 

@iRage I thought of doing a break fluid change. Before going for it I want to know how much fluid aqua requires and is it different to other petrol cars? I inquired from one service place who claimed that for the complete bleeding they require 3 bottles of Toyota break fluid (DOT 3) which cost around 8600. I cant remember spending that amount for the previous cars I had. Then I inquired from TL and they said cost is around 4000. Please shed some light on this matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prime said:

@kmeeg  & @ICL thank you very much. 

That's very true iRage. Will try again to remove at least numbers. Red plate is kind of cute n matches with the color of car. Btw I'm not a 'gangster'😁😁😁

 

@iRage I thought of doing a break fluid change. Before going for it I want to know how much fluid aqua requires and is it different to other petrol cars? I inquired from one service place who claimed that for the complete bleeding they require 3 bottles of Toyota break fluid (DOT 3) which cost around 8600. I cant remember spending that amount for the previous cars I had. Then I inquired from TL and they said cost is around 4000. Please shed some light on this matter. 

Hmm....well the user manual does not have an amount given...it is one of those things that is probably in the service/workshop manuals but for users lëft to be "ït is what it is".  Remember Hybrids with regenerative braking require a bit of playing around before you start draining the oil out...so make sure you take it to a lace who knows how to turn of the controls in the ECU, etc..

Typically a brake system bleed will take about 500 - 750ml (My Corolla wagon took on average 675ml the last few times). Also, depending on how it is being bled, you will need to use more (i.e. some vacuum bleed machines require that the machine have a minimum of Xml for the bleed to work properly...so you will end up using a lot more than what will actually go in to the car.) Usually Toyota oil bottles come in .5l bottles so you will need two.  Perhaps the first garage told you 8600 because they have to buy two bottles for you and give you the remaining (hopefully) and TL told you 4000 becuase they have bulk canisters of the fluid and they can just charge you for what you actually use ? I really do not know why the price difference is there...this is just an idea for  explanation. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...