• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference between Toyota CHR and CHR Koba(Australian Edition)

mikey

Well...the Japanese version and the Aussie version will have different specs in terms of accessories and features that are standard and what is offered in terms of options. For example in Japan you get the high grades with diamond stitched seats whilst in some markets you do not get it.

For the most part..the common specs and features are pretty much equal....I believe the engine and drive train and transmission options are the same for both countries. You will notice that in Australia they offer more outdoors accessories than in Japan.

The two countries have different trim levels. In Japan you get G and S  (for petrol variants it comes with a -T to show it is a turbo engine) plus various manufacture and or dealer packages offered as special specification models. In Australia..you NOW get the C-HR, which is the base C-HR and comes only with the 1.2L Turbo engine and the Koba, which is kind of the high grade trim but can be purchased in either 1.2L petrol or 1.8L Hybrid form.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Well...the Japanese version and the Aussie version will have different specs in terms of accessories and features that are standard and what is offered in terms of options. For example in Japan you get the high grades with diamond stitched seats whilst in some markets you do not get it.

For the most part..the common specs and features are pretty much equal....I believe the engine and drive train and transmission options are the same for both countries. You will notice that in Australia they offer more outdoors accessories than in Japan.

The two countries have different trim levels. In Japan you get G and S  (for petrol variants it comes with a -T to show it is a turbo engine) plus various manufacture and or dealer packages offered as special specification models. In Australia..you NOW get the C-HR, which is the base C-HR and comes only with the 1.2L Turbo engine and the Koba, which is kind of the high grade trim but can be purchased in either 1.2L petrol or 1.8L Hybrid form.

So Koba is the highest grade in Australian market while G is the highest grade in Japanese market? And both have same features? 

In Sri Lankan market anything from Japan is deemed superior even if they are made in the same factory side by side.

There will be difference in the ride and handling due to suspension set up JDM will be more softer where as the Aussie will be set up for more harsher roads, may be little bit more ground clearance too.

If there is no significant difference in the price you are better off with the JDM

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikey said:

So Koba is the highest grade in Australian market while G is the highest grade in Japanese market? And both have same features? 

Yes..Koba is the highest grade in Aus and G is in Japan.

No they do not have the same features ! I started by saying that different countries will have different features available in different countries will be different !

If you want to see what the differences are...look at the catalogs from each of the countries...they are available online.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Wids said:

Not to mention that the display language will be in Engish instead of Japanese.

If I am not mistaken...the language can be changed in the Japanese variant. Most Japanese manufacturers are moving towards having global models where all the components are the same when and where possible.

The language can be changed to English in JDM version as well.

What I've noticed different in these 2 models is most of the imported JDM highest grade GTs have half leather seats ( black+ licorice brown) whereas the Koba has full leather seats (black or licorice brown)

Actually full leather seats is offered as a maker's option in Japan as well with an additional cost of JPY 75000, but most of the JDMs imported to SL have half leather seats.

Other options seems to be similar but of course the suspension would differ. 

carlineup_c-hr_grade_common_unit_15-1.jpg

Half leather  ( Black + licorice brown ) 

Full leather

C-HR Seats.jpeg

Edited by sathyajithj99

Ausi version comes with

1. Factory fitted Audio system with apple car play + android auto support  (added during face-lift)

2. English user manual

3. spare wheel

Take note:It requires octane  95 or more fuel according to Toyota Australia.

Guys,

I have attached you with the Australian Koba Model Spec Sheet. It also has CH-R trim level being compared side by side.
Australia has only 2 models namely CH-R and Koba where CH-R is according to my understanding is similar to S-T in Japan and and Koba to G-T grade. Koba is highest grade in Australia with almost all options and it comes in both 1.2 ltr turbo and 1.8 lte hybrid.

I need help from you guys.
I saw some have commented that the Australian model has different suspensions. The spec sheet has suspensions types both front and rear.

Could you guys give me help by checking on it and let me know the difference between the suspensions?

Also yes Australian Koba grade comes with full leather seats rather than half leather in Japanese Market and the Audio display, MID panel all are in plain English where as in the Japanese one it is in Japan but I have been hearing stories that now from 2020 on wards most Toyota's will have the ability to be translated because I saw a Japanese CHR GT grade in Suren Auto Mart Kohuwala and it was all in English. I am still not sure about this but there are rumors going on.

I'm asking all this because there is a place called Zeon Hybrid Lanka in nugegoda and they are importing the Australian Koba model which is due to the current exchange rate being advantageous to us. A brand new 2020 CHR Koba will cost only 7,050,000/= drive away price. They actually use a permit and order from Toyota Australia so when we register here as they said the book will mention Brand New rather than Recondition as what happens when bought from Auctions in Japan.

Also I spoke to a guy in Toyota Lanka and he said it is better to go for a Japan grade due to the mindset of lanka people since it might scare them when said that the vehicle is from Australia. You guys know how it is I don't have to go the specifics...
He also said to make sure if the Australian model is Euro 4 standard. If so he said no issue since most specs and features are all same between Japan and Australian models.

Thanks In Advance.

CHR Koba 2020 Spec Sheet Australian Model

15 hours ago, CNX said:

Yes, the language can be changed from the menu without any issue. There are YouTube video's as well for guidance.

Even the Multi Information Display between the gauge clusters in the instrument cluster? I mean the meter board. The middle LCD color display?

14 minutes ago, c2k said:

Guys,

I have attached you with the Australian Koba Model Spec Sheet. It also has CH-R trim level being compared side by side.
Australia has only 2 models namely CH-R and Koba where CH-R is according to my understanding is similar to S-T in Japan and and Koba to G-T grade. Koba is highest grade in Australia with almost all options and it comes in both 1.2 ltr turbo and 1.8 lte hybrid.

I need help from you guys.
I saw some have commented that the Australian model has different suspensions. The spec sheet has suspensions types both front and rear.

CHR Koba 2020 Spec Sheet Australian Model

Actually CHR mentioned in this catalogue is not exactly similar to S-T grade since S-T grade does not have LED headlights,  front and rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring and Rear cross traffic allert. 

Anyway suspension seems to be the same in Australian version and JDM version but still there would be differences

Maker Options.jpg

Gasoline.png

8 minutes ago, kush said:

You will not be able to see the suspension differences in spec sheet as it will be basically the damping not the system.

Yes the spec sheet mentions what kind of suspension is used. In the spec sheet I attached it says:
SUSPENSION

Front MacPherson Strut type

Rear Trailing arm double wishbone type

4 hours ago, c2k said:

Even the Multi Information Display between the gauge clusters in the instrument cluster? I mean the meter board. The middle LCD color display?

Yes. Been there done that. Just follow the menu from steering wheel controls. There are YouTube videos to guide you.

17 hours ago, CNX said:

Yes. Been there done that. Just follow the menu from steering wheel controls. There are YouTube videos to guide you.

Thanks I'll check it out. Well then it is safe to bring over a Japan Domestic CHR rather than importing from Australia even though both are pretty much the same car but lankan mindset is super suprising.

• Like 1