• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ATF Oil Selection for Tiptronic Gear Box

Boeing747

Question

7 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Boeing747 said:

Hi,

I have recently bough Mazda Familia RS Special Edition vehicle. I have done a full service and hoping to do ATF oil change as well. Please help me to select between the below three types to use for the Tiptronic Transmission. If possible kindly explain the difference as well.

1)

2)

3)

image.jpeg.ac3704b16fdf73dee1432aa5a9383576.jpeg

I think it's a Mazda M-V oil

Have you checked with Colonial or better yet Mazna Motors?

When you say Special edition RS - Is it a BJ series hatch or Sedan ?

Whats the millage ?

Best not use any of the above gear oils as they are not compatible with Mazda's - saying this a I've burned my fingers badly with a messed up box by previous owner

Share some more info on the ride - it would help get a better answer

Edited by mazdaspeed

19 hours ago, mazdaspeed said:

When you say Special edition RS - Is it a BJ series hatch or Sedan ?

Whats the millage ?

Best not use any of the above gear oils as they are not compatible with Mazda's - saying this a I've burned my fingers badly with a messed up box by previous owner

Share some more info on the ride - it would help get a better answer

Thank you for all your responses gentlemen.

Hello Mazdaspeed.

It is a Sedan and millage is 145k ( But i always doubt the SL millage as it could have been tampered somewhere before the timeline.)

Previous owner only mentioned that he used Mobil so that's why thought of selecting one.So what would you suggest .

and some more info about the ride.

engine 1,490cc ,2wheel drive , tiptronic Transmission

I'm hoping to do all the mechanical maintenance stuff relevant started with Full Service .

2. ATF oil change

3. Suspension check up. - The vehicle has hard suspension which i'm not used to. Handling is very good when traveling long distance. But when going on a bad road ride is very bumpy so i'm wondering whether it is because the hard suspension or whether i should change the shocks and check other components.

Hi

SO the previous owner has used Mobil, Hope he has not used it for engine oil  as well.  Know to have a sludge issue and very common when used with Mobil in Mazda's. 

The Tiptronic Tyranny needs Mazda M V oil as stated on the oil stick which should be orange/red  in color . Has the previous owner shared a maintenance file ? Check what exact oil he has used. I personally feel changing  oil and checking the oil filter would be good. 

Any other out  with a different view ?  

I recall reading in a Mazda article that the Mercon V viscosity  is different to the M V oil   hence could be an issue.  As you have started to do a full service (Which is good) and get all checked.

As for the suspension, I didn't replace any of mine form stock, but overall corning in Mazda are great fun and she holds steady at fairly high speeds.