• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Has Toyota CHR has been affected by Luxury Tax?

mikey

According to the revised version of Luxury Tax, all cars which exceeed the CIF value 3.5 million are subjected to Luxury tax. But small cars will be exempted from the tax. 

"Accordingly, Toyota Vitz, Suzuki Every, Toyota Roomy, Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Baleno, Daihatsu Petrol, Honda Grace, Suzuki Wagon R, Toyota Aqua are not subjected to this luxury tax. Also normal Axio, Premio and Allion models will also be free from the luxury tax." - copied from a newspaper website. 

So no mentioning of CHR. 

So that means CHR and new Toyota Corolla have been affected by Luxury Tax????? 

51 minutes ago, Ranjitha said:

Saw this at a car sale website,, this was before election though.. I donno of this is implements

142144630_newdoc2019-11-0319_11.07_20191103191232-page-001.jpg.3c578ae6b2e83d9841cebcae56aab647.jpg

I don't think this is valid now. The import tax has been increased. And the Luxury tax is also calculated according to CIF value. 

This is the old luxury tax. 

But thank you for sharing. 

2 hours ago, mikey said:

According to the revised version of Luxury Tax, all cars which exceeed the CIF value 3.5 million are subjected to Luxury tax. But small cars will be exempted from the tax. 

"Accordingly, Toyota Vitz, Suzuki Every, Toyota Roomy, Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Baleno, Daihatsu Petrol, Honda Grace, Suzuki Wagon R, Toyota Aqua are not subjected to this luxury tax. Also normal Axio, Premio and Allion models will also be free from the luxury tax." - copied from a newspaper website. 

So no mentioning of CHR. 

So that means CHR and new Toyota Corolla have been affected by Luxury Tax????? 

Yes, 

• Confused 1

Customs FOB value for the S-T grade is JPY 1,880,000.00 (Approx Rs. 3.1 mil). For the G-T grade customs value is JPY 2,080,000. (Approx Rs. 3,5 mil). Hence if the vehicle buying price is less than 3.5 mil, then there is no luxury tax. 

Lets say your vehicle CIF is JPY 2.2 mil (Approx Rs. 3,650,000), Then you have to pay Rs. 150,000 as luxury tax.

According to the current exchange rate any vehicle CIF above JPY 2.1 mil subject to luxury tax. This is applicable for Allion Premio also. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Prangi said:

Customs FOB value for the S-T grade is JPY 1,880,000.00 (Approx Rs. 3.1 mil). For the G-T grade customs value is JPY 2,080,000. (Approx Rs. 3,5 mil). Hence if the vehicle buying price is less than 3.5 mil, then there is no luxury tax. 

Lets say your vehicle CIF is JPY 2.2 mil (Approx Rs. 3,650,000), Then you have to pay Rs. 150,000 as luxury tax.

According to the current exchange rate any vehicle CIF above JPY 2.1 mil subject to luxury tax. This is applicable for Allion Premio also. 

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:25 PM, Pubsamare said:

I think the CHR Koba (australia) may not be affected while the japanese ones are affected. Not 100% sure though.

Why not the Australian model because I have plans on importing one and I would like to know.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:25 PM, Pubsamare said:

I think the CHR Koba (australia) may not be affected while the japanese ones are affected. Not 100% sure though.

Australian Model also affected by luxury tax now starting from 22nd Feb 2020.