• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight, Mazda Axela or Any other

Lannister

Question

Hello guys, I’m looking forward to upgrade from my Honda Civic EK3, My budget is 23lks-30lks. My mind fluctuate among Honda Insight 2007-2010 , Mazda Axela 2007-2009 or any other thrilling, fun to ride budget car ( u know what I’m thinking, like EK3)

How about the battery and dual clutch issue of Insight and durability?

How about Heating issue and Fuel Consumption of Mazda Axela?

Or any other Suggestions?

Thanking u guys a lot and really appreciate if u could give me an better suggestion on this.. 

3 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Lannister said:

How about the battery and dual clutch issue of Insight and durability?

The Insight do not contain a dual clutch and it has the traditional CVT transmission which you find in the FD3 and FIT GP1 so you don't have to worry about that. But, the battery will need replacement most probably and maybe the current owner has already replaced the hybrid battery.

But, be sure to scan the Effective Usable Battery capacity from the agents or a capable place or otherwise you are asking for trouble.

Are you planning to run high number of KMs per month? If not a hybrid is not the car for you. And another thing since you are coming from a EK3 don't expect the Insight to be as sporty as it was.

There are more sportier alternatives for you to choose in your budget like the Axela and the most recommended car by our members the Lancer CS series, the Civic ES series and if you can stretch your budget by a few lakhs then you can look for a FD series Civic as well (I guess this would suite you more since you are upgrading from a EK3 Civic)

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 9:00 PM, Lannister said:

Thanking again a lot @Dee Jay.. Then what about Axela Series? Are there any issues? Common ones? And yes.. I’m running quite far distances .. I need to think about petrol too.. 

My BIL brother has a Mazda 3 (brand new import) 2007, up to date no major issues.

7-8 kmpl in city, 10-12 kmpl out of city if you can live with that, it will be closest to your EK3 for your budget.