• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

trinity

Lancer EX Running Repairs and Maintenance

8 hours ago, trinity said:

I'm unable to watch the video at the office, Will take a look at this when I go home.

There were 2 videos, apparently only one has been linked, just linked the other one. That's how your guy did it right? Taking off the bearings and cutting the part held by a c-clip internally instead of using a slide hammer/ CV joint puller or a hydraulic press.

Edited by Hyaenidae

5.Rear Brake Cylinder Washer Replacement

After almost 9 years the washers of the rear brake cylinders had busted. I noticed a small reduction of brake oil level and asked the agent to check it while doing the wheel alignment as i know that the issue would be this. And  I was right.

Yesterday got the repair done at Unit#d Mot#rs - Orugodawatte.

Not going to post much details as all info is available in this post made by Hyundai :P . However I was charged Rs.8,358/- for the job> Will check the bill when I get back home and update here.

Edit with the price details

Labor Cost -                                       3,450/-

Cup+Boot Kit  * 2 -                         2,677/78

Mitsubishi Genuine Brake Fluid - 1,611/30

Vat -                                                    619/12

Total -                                               8,358/20

So in comparison to what @Hyaenidae paid, the labor cost is slightly higher but the parts are slightly cheaper. 

They've done a full brake oil flush as well. Wonder why it wasn't done when yours were replaced @Hyaenidae

The price difference is the brake fluid and the vat. 

Edited by trinity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, trinity said:

5.Rear Brake Cylinder Washer Replacement

After almost 9 years the washers of the rear brake cylinders had busted. I noticed a small reduction of brake oil level and asked the agent to check it while doing the wheel alignment as i know that the issue would be this. And  I was right.

Yesterday got the repair done at Unit#d Mot#rs - Orugodawatte.

Not going to post much details as all info is available in this post made by Hyundai :P . However I was charged Rs.8,358/- for the job> Will check the bill when I get back home and update here.

@trinity same is pending for me. A small leak was spotted during the regular service on RR brake cylinder  (However I do not see any brake Oil level drops) . I am still trying to arrange a suitable time to do the repair at UNIMO. Hopefully as soon as possible.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

46 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

@trinity same is pending for me. A small leak was spotted during the regular service on RR brake cylinder  (However I do not see any brake Oil level drops) . I am still trying to arrange a suitable time to do the repair at UNIMO. Hopefully as soon as possible.

Yeh get it done as soon as possible... I’ve had this experience since my CS days . Quicker you do this you can avoid replacing the entire cylinders which is much expensive..

20 hours ago, trinity said:

However I was charged Rs.8,358/- for the job> Will check the bill when I get back home and update here.

So why were you charged an extra Rs. 2252/- @trinity?

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

So why were you charged an extra Rs. 2252/- @trinity?

Yeh; need to check that .. 

23 hours ago, trinity said:

Yeh; need to check that .. 

Updated the original post.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:12 PM, trinity said:

They've done a full brake oil flush as well. Wonder why it wasn't done when yours were replaced @Hyaenidae

The price difference is the brake fluid and the vat. 

My last full brake fluid flush was done in the previous service (6 months prior to replacing the boot kit) so I guess a flush wasn't necessary

48 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

My last full brake fluid flush was done in the previous service (6 months prior to replacing the boot kit) so I guess a flush wasn't necessary

That Makes sense 😊.

• Like 1