• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new car fit gp5 in second hand market

amilaslv

Question

2 answers to this question

On 12/8/2019 at 8:53 PM, amilaslv said:

Can somebody help me to select a good car? What are the things I should consider? Is this a best option available? My budget is 3.3mn. 

Ok lot of people have been asking this question - since the GP5 prices have gone down somewhat - and truth be said it is a lot of car for that budget. The problem is the DCT issues - if you can spare a few hundred thousand for the eventual scenario where the DCT will act up then worth a gamble but if your budget is 3.3 then do not stretch it. It is certainly not the best option. You could go for a non hybrid at that point can you elaborate your requirement more? 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:53 PM, amilaslv said:

Can somebody help me to select a good car? What are the things I should consider? Is this a best option available? My budget is 3.3mn. 

What are your priorities? Fuel efficiency? Fun to drive? Space? Features? Cheap maintenance? What makes you desire the GP5 specifically?

I hope you know about the DCT gearbox issue in the GP5 that affects the Vezel too. For your budget, you could get a decent S grade with all the options but by now, these cars will have old batteries that will need replacement in a few years down the line.

If a hybrid is what you really want, go for an Aqua. They are more fuel efficient and don't suffer from DCT issues as the employ a CVT. But the aging battery issue persists here too due to age.

If you truly want a Fit due to the slightly more engaging driving experience & if it must be a hybrid, then I suggest going for the GP1 fit (find one which has the oil burning issue fixed)

If you just want a simple & fun to drive hatchback, go for the non-hybrid GE-generation Fit. There are plenty for less than 2.6 million and you can save alot of money too!

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Like 1