• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How does permit work?

GayanR

I don't know the finer details, but theoritically with the permit you can import a vehicle of any CIF value and you can get a tax benefit up to a maximum of 3.6M. 

There are advertisements for Raize with price tags of 3.895M for the permit and 5.895M without the permit. This is because the Raize has a total tax less than 3.6M, so I believe. Hope someone who knows how these tax things work could help.

Edited by Pubsamare

14 hours ago, GayanR said:

Guys I have seen many 3.6m permits for sale.Let's say If I bought a 3.6m permit price Toyota raize how much I have to pay in taxes?

If you buy a permit for Rs. 2.2 Mn. and buy a car which has only Rs. 2.0 Mn. what does that make you

Raize is 32-38 CIF and 20 in tax.. 

So your permit (which is 3.6)  will take off that 20 .. 

But it's like going to the shop with a one time voucher worth 3600 rs and buying goods worth 2000

thefullvalue of the permit won't be realised.. if you are getting a permit . From the government. Raize is a no no..(maybe buy a chr , then sell it,, buy the raize pocket the extra cash)

If you are buying a permit... Targeting a raize ,, please don't.. just go ahead and buy it without a permit