• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio 2017 or BMW 2013 520d ???

Kanishka12345

Dear Members,

Im using a Premio 2013 Model G Superior Version for the last 2 years.Love the car and its awesome for my daily requirements as honestly im a Toyota Lover...My monthly running will be just about 500 km up and down to office in ward place and to my Nugegoda house.Mostly the car is just parked and kept.

But now when i see the new Premio face lift model (2017 above) mostly in the road i feel badly to upgrade my car,but when i see the 520D BMW model i feel some different taste....

I have never owned BMW before,as i have well heard due to second hand market,economical value,less parts cost & services in SL conditions Toyota models with relaible Japanese technology is more ideal than BMW...

My Dear Premio & BMW Users,

I need your guys expert opinion to compare and contrast the best suit car for me to upgrade from my current 2013 Premio before this year end....

Year 2017 Premio or 2013 BMW 520d???

1.What are the options and features i should care when i go for BMW?

2.What are the real differences between 2017 Premio & BMW 520 D 2013 ?

3.Any competitive advantages?What would be the oppertunity cost of loosing a toyota and when going for BMW?

Many thanks guys in Advance..

As i know your expert opinion matters than so called Motor Veterans in sri lanka...

1. First and foremost..service history. Go for a car that has been maintained properly....if not you are going ot be biting in to a real sour lemon. There are quite a few hacked 5 series out there....even those that were used by sonny boy whilst daddy was busy making dough...

2. Everything ! The BMW will be more fun and engaging to drive. However...if you arenot in to actual driving you will feel that the Premio with its boat like soft suspension and pillow like seats are more comfortable.

3. Well....your lost opportunity cost is that there always is an idiot who will buy any POS with a Toyota badge on it. You have hit gold because you have a Premio with gold badges and the all worshipped G Superior badge (I hope the G superior PACKAGE is an actual Toyota dealer installed one and not one done up by the local guys). Where BMWs are concerned....as they get older they are either bought buy enthusiasts or cheapskates looking to buy a car with a premium brand badge on it.

You say Toyotas are cheap..not so....if you maintain your Toyota with proper/original Toyota parts (from sources you can certify 100%) and at garages that are reputed...the Toyota does not cost that much less than a Euro brand. It is just that you hget a lot of knock-off parts and cheap Chinese alternatives for Toyotas....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kanishka12345 said:

Dear Members,

Im using a Premio 2013 Model G Superior Version for the last 2 years.Love the car and its awesome for my daily requirements as honestly im a Toyota Lover...My monthly running will be just about 500 km up and down to office in ward place and to my Nugegoda house.Mostly the car is just parked and kept.

But now when i see the new Premio face lift model (2017 above) mostly in the road i feel badly to upgrade my car,but when i see the 520D BMW model i feel some different taste....

I have never owned BMW before,as i have well heard due to second hand market,economical value,less parts cost & services in SL conditions Toyota models with relaible Japanese technology is more ideal than BMW...

My Dear Premio & BMW Users,

I need your guys expert opinion to compare and contrast the best suit car for me to upgrade from my current 2013 Premio before this year end....

Year 2017 Premio or 2013 BMW 520d???

1.What are the options and features i should care when i go for BMW?

2.What are the real differences between 2017 Premio & BMW 520 D 2013 ?

3.Any competitive advantages?What would be the oppertunity cost of loosing a toyota and when going for BMW?

Many thanks guys in Advance..

As i know your expert opinion matters than so called Motor Veterans in sri lanka...

bmw is definitely fun to drive than premio

thats the positive side, 5 series is executive clss,its compatible with toyota camry,can’t compare with premio.

but if u can effort for 2019 bmw its good option but old germen has lots of reliability issue,and easy to break not like ur premio, maintain cost will b more,other disadvantage is 520d is diesel vehicle in our country v can’t find good diesel so engine waste is more than expectation 

if u really like for germen vehicle better to go for benz e200

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kanishka12345 said:

Yes brother..I still feel the same...

Face lift model looks like a Honda Face sometimes?

You can't call it a upgrade.Basically the same car.Same interior.Does it have at least cruise control?Save money and buy something else.

13 hours ago, iRage said:

1. First and foremost..service history. Go for a car that has been maintained properly....if not you are going ot be biting in to a real sour lemon. There are quite a few hacked 5 series out there....even those that were used by sonny boy whilst daddy was busy making dough...

2. Everything ! The BMW will be more fun and engaging to drive. However...if you are not in to actual driving you will feel that the Premio with its boat like soft suspension and pillow like seats are more comfortable.

3. Well....your lost opportunity cost is that there always is an idiot who will buy any POS with a Toyota badge on it. You have hit gold because you have a Premio with gold badges and the all worshiped G Superior badge (I hope the G superior PACKAGE is an actual Toyota dealer installed one and not one done up by the local guys). Where BMWs are concerned....as they get older they are either bought buy enthusiasts or cheapskates looking to buy a car with a premium brand badge on it.

You say Toyotas are cheap..not so....if you maintain your Toyota with proper/original Toyota parts (from sources you can certify 100%) and at garages that are reputed...the Toyota does not cost that much less than a Euro brand. It is just that you have a lot of knock-off parts and cheap Chinese alternatives for Toyotas....

Dear i Rage,

Always value and admire your comments as you are such a Gentlemen who honestly opine the forum topic in an extraordinary manner !!! Thank you very much..

Just one last thing,what would be the depreciation vise?

Over the time is Premio Depreciation is much lesser than BMW ?

As far as i believe it is proven when it comes to market price analysis..But i need your concern when it comes to SL markets.

Because brother i honestly bought my Premio 2013 for a good price to Permit but still it hold a good resale value which always makes me happy as a typical Sri lankan who has invested immense of hard earned money on wheels.

2 hours ago, GayanR said:

You can't call it a upgrade.Basically the same car.Same interior.Does it have at least cruise control?Save money and buy something else.

Yes brother it has...I feel nearly 70 lacks above for another Toyota Car model which is almost similar to my present one is too much..Thats why i was seeking some alternatives.

15 hours ago, dtrum said:

bmw is definitely fun to drive than premio

thats the positive side, 5 series is executive clss,its compatible with toyota camry,can’t compare with premio.

but if u can effort for 2019 bmw its good option but old germen has lots of reliability issue,and easy to break not like ur premio, maintain cost will b more,other disadvantage is 520d is diesel vehicle in our country v can’t find good diesel so engine waste is more than expectation 

if u really like for germen vehicle better to go for benz e200

Thank you brother for your down to earth opinion..