• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Would like to know the best buying options (Cars)

Vega

Hi,

I am new to the forum so I apologize if I make mistakes. I am expecting to select (no purchasing decision yet) a car given the following criteria. So, I appreciate your help. Please also let me know if I can get professional suggestions in the forum. My criteria is as follows.

1. Cost around 3.5 to 4 mil.
  2. Must be brand new.
  3. Robustness and build quality.
  4. Safety.
  5. Maintenance cost.
  6. Fuel efficiency.

So, 1 - 6 are the most important to least important. This does not mean f/e is not a concern. It is somewhat as I live in an urban area but do not travel often in traffic. But I am open to your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Thank you!

Perodua Bezza - decent sedan . Interior isn't too cheap either. 

Perodua Axia - smallish hatch predecessor to the popular viva-elite...okish for a small car.

Kia Picanto - Hatch with better build quality than the Axia.

Of the 3 I'd go with the Bezza.

Thanks very much guys. My first choice was Bezza. Had some doubts. My personal pref. is sedan-like designs. I had to deal with some financial issues due to an employment issue (dead CEO). I am building a list now so that I can come up with more technical questions about these cars. I appreciate very much! 

I hope you guys can answer Avante's question.

22 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Guys, out of curiosity. What's wrong with the Kia soul? They are available around the 2.5 mil mark, looks handsome, decently equipped and with a 1.6 engine. Yet no one talks about them or recommends them. Whats up?

Nothing is wrong with the Soul. In many markets it is liked as a quirky little hatch/MPV/thingy.

Its just that in Sri Lanka it does not give the average Sri Lankan car buyer any eroticism to get excited about

1.6L engine = end of the world...don't you know anything more than 1.5L is going to drink petrol !!! You got to be stupid to buy anything more than 1.5L if it is NOT hybrid

Korean = No market noh ?

Design = look at it....its not a Jip....so what is the point ? Might as well go for a hatchback like a Vitzy....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Nothing is wrong with the Soul. In many markets it is liked as a quirky little hatch/MPV/thingy.

Its just that in Sri Lanka it does not give the average Sri Lankan car buyer any eroticism to get excited about

1.6L engine = end of the world...don't you know anything more than 1.5L is going to drink petrol !!! You got to be stupid to buy anything more than 1.5L if it is NOT hybrid

Korean = No market noh ?

Design = look at it....its not a Jip....so what is the point ? Might as well go for a hatchback like a Vitzy....

And this is why we are still a dumb developing country ?

Also, @iRage would you recommend the soul to someone who likes a nice, practical & reliable 'transportation' for that sort of budget? There is a turbo & EV version of it too!

4 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

And this is why we are still a dumb developing country ?

Also, @iRage would you recommend the soul to someone who likes a nice, practical & reliable 'transportation' for that sort of budget? There is a turbo & EV version of it too!

No...because I have never used one nor had one. I have a few Korean car reviewing friends and they have in the past liked it for practical reasons (of course there were comments about quirky issues here and there and things like too much engine noise at high speeds, etc...). But I would say it is worth a look.

Yes..there is a Turbo variant...but I thought the Turbo variant was significantly more expensive and the Hybrid /EV almost double the price of the base gasoline ? :) 

Edited by iRage

On 12/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, □AVANTE□ said:

Guys, out of curiosity. What's wrong with the Kia soul? They are available around the 2.5 mil mark, looks handsome, decently equipped and with a 1.6 engine. Yet no one talks about them or recommends them. Whats up?

To add to what Irage has mentioned - the species is found in small numbers...we Lankans don't like something unless it is extremely common.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

No...because I have never used one nor had one. I have a few Korean car reviewing friends and they have in the past liked it for practical reasons (of course there were comments about quirky issues here and there and things like too much engine noise at high speeds, etc...). But I would say it is worth a look.

Yes..there is a Turbo variant...but I thought the Turbo variant was significantly more expensive and the Hybrid /EV almost double the price of the base gasoline ? :) 

Yup..the GT Turbo starts at $9000 more than the base and the EV price is crazy!