• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best car to buy?

sahanpremasiri

Here's my suggestion. See if you can stretch your budget a bit and get a diesel Corolla 141 from 2007 or so

• You won't have hybrid battery problems that you may face in Aqua or Fit
  • You can pump ordinary diesel and the car will be perfectly happy
  • The worst repair you can get is an engine overhaul. The 2C engine in the 141 can be overhauled for less than half the money that will cost you, if you had to replace a hybrid battery
  • Engine parts are probably available in every little parts shop in the country
  • Almost any makabass can repair it
  • The car is more spacious and much more powerful than any of them in your list

Only flip side is you have to learn to live with a manual gearbox, which is not a problem after you get used to it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Here's my suggestion. See if you can stretch your budget a bit and get a diesel Corolla 141 from 2007 or so

• The worst repair you can get is an engine overhaul. The 2C engine in the 141 can be overhauled for less than half the money that will cost you, if you had to replace a hybrid battery

Only flip side is you have to learn to live with a manual gearbox, which is not a problem after you get used to it.

Rare as hens teeth

If you find one it would have run to the moon and back

Came as manual only something to think about as it will be city driving

2C in the 141 produce only 72 bhp or so it will be slow as hell

If you can find a good Axia for Rs. 3.0 Mn it will be the best out of the options

Or a Kia Picanto sold mine few months back for less than Rs. 3.0 Mn. a 2017 highest grade with 35,000 km on the clock

On 12/4/2019 at 9:02 PM, Crosswind said:

I am guessing not the petrol because of fuel consumption ? Because the 3ZZ should produce about 110hp with about 150N.m of torque...so not a bad ride for city driving. but yes..every tom dick and harry with a cabinet full of parts for sale would probably have parts for a 2C engine.....

On 12/4/2019 at 8:46 PM, sahanpremasiri said:

Please help me to choose best car to invest from below

Well...cars are depreciating assets just like any asset you would invest in....so as long as you don't lose sight of that..you are good to go :D 

• Haha 1