• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What is Vezel differences ?

chanaka paliskara

Question

13 answers to this question

14 hours ago, chanaka paliskara said:

Vezel Gold color logo and normal aluminum color in 2014 model

there is no difference - I guess you can bargain using this and get a non-gold badge for cheap and stick a gold colored badge and 'convert' it to a 'Gold Badge' model. 

On 12/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, matroska said:

there is no difference - I guess you can bargain using this and get a non-gold badge for cheap and stick a gold colored badge and 'convert' it to a 'Gold Badge' model. 

OL. Is this true? I see so many ads quoting "gold badge" like it's some higher grade. Also "orange package" seems like just some orange color things in the interior 

On a separate note,  vezel these days for 4 mil seems like a great deal noh?

7 hours ago, B@tman said:

OL. Is this true? I see so many ads quoting "gold badge" like it's some higher grade. Also "orange package" seems like just some orange color things in the interior 

Yes but no.....the gold badges and "Örange package" indicate special/limited dealer or manufacturer packages.  How these packages work is that the dealer (in Japan) or the manufacturer picks a certain grade and then adds some additional features (eg. Toyota authoried Toota dealers to take the highest grade of each Premio variant, 1.5 and 1.8 and add what is called the G Superior package which gave the 1.5 and 1.8 higest grades some cosmetic features from the actual 2L G Superior Grade. With the Axio X limited it was the same...the standard X grade was given some stuff from the G grade, etc...) . So yes..the official manufacturer or dealer package have some small features/accessories that would set it apart from the base model the package is in set upon.

However, in Sri Lanka the car buyers are idiots and the car salesmen are crooks. What they do is get the standard grade and then put Gold badges themselves and install a few cheap bits and pieces (most of the time cheap Chinese OEM parts) and sell it off as the real-deal. So..yes...what @matroska said is somewhat true....but there are also cases (very few in SL) where it is not true.

Veze goes for low prices because of the bad reputation it has because of the DCT issues and then worries of Hybrid system deterioration. The gasoline variant does NOT have a DCT.

7 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes but no.....the gold badges and "Örange package" indicate special/limited dealer or manufacturer packages.  How these packages work is that the dealer (in Japan) or the manufacturer picks a certain grade and then adds some additional features (eg. Toyota authoried Toota dealers to take the highest grade of each Premio variant, 1.5 and 1.8 and add what is called the G Superior package which gave the 1.5 and 1.8 higest grades some cosmetic features from the actual 2L G Superior Grade. With the Axio X limited it was the same...the standard X grade was given some stuff from the G grade, etc...) . So yes..the official manufacturer or dealer package have some small features/accessories that would set it apart from the base model the package is in set upon.

However, in Sri Lanka the car buyers are idiots and the car salesmen are crooks. What they do is get the standard grade and then put Gold badges themselves and install a few cheap bits and pieces (most of the time cheap Chinese OEM parts) and sell it off as the real-deal. So..yes...what @matroska said is somewhat true....but there are also cases (very few in SL) where it is not true.

Veze goes for low prices because of the bad reputation it has because of the DCT issues and then worries of Hybrid system deterioration. The gasoline variant does NOT have a DCT.

From what I've read and heard, the DCT issue is blown out of proportion. It seems manageable and also reparable. 

Didn't know there is a gasoline variant in vez. seen any in SL?

7 minutes ago, B@tman said:

From what I've read and heard, the DCT issue is blown out of proportion. It seems manageable and also reparable. 

Didn't know there is a gasoline variant in vez. seen any in SL?

Yes...there are a few gasolines out there...but most have gone for the Hybrid because it is cheaper.  The HRV which the agents sells is also NON DCT.

Everything is always repairable. It depends on if you are willing to spend on it and how much of money you are willing to put in. Where Hybrids are concerned....90% of the Hybrids are bought by cheapsters who want to just use a flashy car for dirt cheap with next to nothing maintenance and repairs and then sell it for the same price they bought it for. So any kind of repair..they diss the car and call it bad and run away from it.

The DCT issue is totally based on how the car is used. The style of traffic flow in Colombo, where one has to do a slow creep for prolonged periods of time (as opposed to proper accelerations and stops) does not favor the DCT. So...the risk of DCT failure is directly proportional to the amount of creep driving you do.

• Like 1

@iRage Nothing beats what the salesman of our Vezel told us:

"I have riveted the gold badges here because it is worth 70k rupees!! You may find it hard to believe, but it's that valuable!"

Also, yet to see a RU1/RU2 Vezel, those are good I heard despite the CVT, but they were offered in Manual too until last year. 

10 hours ago, B@tman said:

There are Vezels out there for around 3.5 mil and Yes, for the features and driving dynamics, it is a good deal!

4 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

@iRage Nothing beats what the salesman of our Vezel told us:

"I have riveted the gold badges here because it is worth 70k rupees!! You may find it hard to believe, but it's that valuable!"

Also, yet to see a RU1/RU2 Vezel, those are good I heard despite the CVT, but they were offered in Manual too until last year. 

Uhh...lol.....seriously doubt it.....7000LKR I can understand...given that common badges like this at the manufacturers' dealers go for around 2000-3500yen

18 hours ago, B@tman said:

Most of the time it's a scam in SL : they actually do stick in gold badges to jack up the prices...orange package is a bit hard to fake cos it applies to the interior. 

[Edit] : Saw irages post later - that's a comprehensive explanation on packages. 

Yeah 4 Mill for a Vezel is a good deal - the low price is due to the DCT-phobia and yes It's a bit blown out of proportion...Sri Lankans tend to do that for non-Toyota cars.

Edited by matroska
Saw a post later

6 minutes ago, matroska said:

Most of the time it's a scam in SL : they actually do stick in gold badges to jack up the prices...orange package is a bit hard to fake cos it applies to the interior. 

[Edit] : Saw irages post later - that's a comprehensive explanation on packages. 

Yeah 4 Mill for a Vezel is a good deal - the low price is due to the DCT-phobia and yes It's a bit blown out of proportion...Sri Lankans tend to do that for non-Toyota cars.

So are the rates for the gearbox repair down now too? Is this a one time fix or will the gearbox have another outgoing ticket? I was told that Sri lankan service centers weren't familiar with servicing a DCT but that can't be true considering the GTRs and Evo Xs running here since 2008. 

1 minute ago, □AVANTE□ said:

So are the rates for the gearbox repair down now too? Is this a one time fix or will the gearbox have another outgoing ticket?

It depends on usage doesn't it - what we have in SL is the DCT prematurely failing due to harsh conditions.