• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride : Honda FD1 (Full Option) (A/T) YOM 2007

ICL

14 minutes ago, hrm said:

Nice stuff man. Love this one over the new Civic.

Well..this was the last nice Civic wasn't it ? The model soon after this one really was not that impressive and lacked a bit of refinement compared to this and of which perhaps the only desired model was the Type R hatch....then that brings us to the new one..which has the refinement but doesn't have the cuteness and the revvy-ness of a NA is so missed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well..this was the last nice Civic wasn't it ? The model soon after this one really was not that impressive and lacked a bit of refinement compared to this and of which perhaps the only desired model was the Type R hatch....then that brings us to the new one..which has the refinement but doesn't have the cuteness and the revvy-ness of a NA is so missed.

Exactly. Even for regular use this is a very decent car from every aspect. Newer one like many other new cars lost that character.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ICL said:

No bro, I had to wait wait wait...
Until some one bring down the Kit.
There're plenty of places who bring Mugen kits. But This Modulo one is hard to find

Thats what I thought so, If im not wrong this kit was sold as an optional extra. Was the kit imported from Malaysia?

I was actually planning to get the 2.0L version of the FD in Australia before I got my Crown

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Love the pics. It seems you have done some modifications since the last post. If you could list down the things you have done do the car (Modifications,Maintenance,Routine repairs) that would be helpful.

Thanks mate, sure I will post the modification & maintenance I did.

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Thats what I thought so, If im not wrong this kit was sold as an optional extra. Was the kit imported from Malaysia?

I was actually planning to get the 2.0L version of the FD in Australia before I got my Crown

I got this kit from my friend's car. This is original japan modulo kit except front lip. Front lip Taiwan. Used japan modulo kit now days going around 80k - 90k.  But very rare to find.

Wow congratulate on your future purchase mate ❤️ 

22 hours ago, ICL said:

I got this kit from my friend's car. This is original japan modulo kit except front lip. Front lip Taiwan. Used japan modulo kit now days going around 80k - 90k.  But very rare to find.

Wow congratulate on your future purchase mate ❤️ 

Well....finding FD series parts in Japan is quite tricky....the FD series Civic was not well received by the masses because it went with a wider body which (at the time) was not conducive for Japan in terms of usability and taxes. Because of the size and engine capacities a larger car like Accords were much more sensible buys. The most desired model was the Type R and..well...as you know anything associated with a FD Type R is unreasonable expensive. Saw a set of carpets for a Type R being sold for 250,000yen. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hello guys..

I'm gonna  list down all the mods & repair I did.

Mods 

• JDM Modulo Body kit
  • JDM 5x100/5x114.3 16x7.5 A-Tech Schneider light weight wheels
  • KENWOOD DMX1025BT 7” Monitor With Receiver. capacitive Touch,Android Mirroring
  • Jasma Certified Rosso modello Titanium tail muffler

Repairs / Upgrades

• AC System fully repaired with new cooler 
  • Brake system fully flushed and put new repair kits for all around, and also all the rotors was faced + put brand new oem brakpads
  • All the suspension bushings replaced and put Brand new KYB suspension all around.
  • Steering rack was repaired - Their was a small leak like 5ml per month. So I acted quickly and check the rack, bcs of quick action I save couple of bucks. I only had to replaced steering rack oil seals.
  • Their was a small oil leak from the gear selector oil seal, and I replace that one as well.
  • All the fluids in car was fully flushed and refilled with branded fluids.
  • Put new OEM Airfilter / NGK laser iridium plugs and cleaned Injectors, throttle body, EGR valve,  Petrol pump
  • All the sensors related to engine management was cleaned. (TPS/MAF/MAP etc)

So far car was performing very well. I always love to work with my car.  
The fuel consumption was very decent for its permanence. 

In the city around 7 -8 kmpl
In long distance and highway combine  15 -18 kmpl

Keep in touch I will update this thread. 

705803382_car10.JPG.7f2ce6abb4923005dbdadcb4029d1b30.JPG

Edited by ICL
  • Like 3

@ICL
Dang...that is some nice work done to her. 

Do you know when the brake fluid was last flushed ? Now that the brake components were rebuilt, I hope you will keep the 2 year (Japanese spec ones are every 2 years or 20,000km because of shaken requirements) change cycle (brake oil can be corrosive so changing it regularly ensure components stay nice and clean as well). When you do flush the system next time around, think about upgrading the brake lines to braided ones. Makes a huge difference. I didn't beleive in it myself but after changing it it was amazing how the brake feeling is more consistant and linear (especially during long hot drives).

Are the KYBs compatible ones or the actual OEM replacement (who made the originals for Honda anyway ?)?

Would love to hear a clip of the exhaust and more pics please :D 

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

@ICL
Dang...that is some nice work done to her. 

Do you know when the brake fluid was last flushed ? Now that the brake components were rebuilt, I hope you will keep the 2 year (Japanese spec ones are every 2 years or 20,000km because of shaken requirements) change cycle (brake oil can be corrosive so changing it regularly ensure components stay nice and clean as well). When you do flush the system next time around, think about upgrading the brake lines to braided ones. Makes a huge difference. I didn't beleive in it myself but after changing it it was amazing how the brake feeling is more consistant and linear (especially during long hot drives).

Are the KYBs compatible ones or the actual OEM replacement (who made the originals for Honda anyway ?)?

Would love to hear a clip of the exhaust and more pics please :D 

Appreciate your comments mate. 

I asked the same question from the Honda agent, Do you know when the brake fluid was last flushed ?  They didn't give me a proper answer to that. Therefore, one of my good friend an I was observe that the brake fluid color was not looking good and we decided to do the flush. Unfortunately their was slight corrosion in front brake cylinders, so we replace front brake cylinders as well.

Absolutely, next mod will be upgrading the brake system with bigger calipers. In the mean time I will upgrade the brake lines to braided ones.

FD1 in factory comes with Showa suspensions, but FD 3 comes in factory with KYB. I searched to replace the same show suspensions, unfortunately, I didn't found a dealer in here. Since there was no dealer, some of the shops asked 32k for a single shock 😪

Sure thing mate, I will upload a sound clip and more photos. 

• Thanks 1