• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel 2015 Clutch oil drain

Kcho

Question

Hello All,

I own a Hondal Vezel 2015 Hybrid System.

During servicing this week, my mechanic told me about an oil leak on the clutch drain. Please see attached photo. 

Grateful if someone can help me to understand the following:

1. The drain is in-built in the clutch, is it normal that oil leaks through that drain?

2. Is the Clutch faulty?

3. Why does Honda included a drain on the Clutch?

Awaiting your comments and replies.

Thanks.

20191129_083213.jpg

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kcho said:

Hello All,

I own a Hondal Vezel 2015 Hybrid System.

During servicing this week, my mechanic told me about an oil leak on the clutch drain. Please see attached photo. 

Grateful if someone can help me to understand the following:

1. The drain is in-built in the clutch, is it normal that oil leaks through that drain?

2. Is the Clutch faulty?

3. Why does Honda included a drain on the Clutch?

Awaiting your comments and replies.

Thanks.

20191129_083213.jpg

As far as I know, there is nothing called a clutch drain, nothing to let out oil

When did you change atf?

Only thing a gearbox can have is a breather and this doesnt look like a breather 

The image is not clear but it looks like a drip from the sump or something coming from above gravitating there.

And from your post I can see you are not very aware of these things. So to save yourself from getting conned and ripped of this being sri Lanka I suggest getting this inspected from the agent before attempting any repair. 

Hello Tiv,

Thanks for your reply. 

Please see other photos I could take at the Garage.

The machine is at 51,000 KM run. I've not changed ATF fluid yet. Do you think the issue is with that?

There's the engine - Clutch - Gearbox.

The drain as I called it, is a small hole, this is where the oil is coming. My mechanic told me the small hole is like that on Vezel he serviced and he told me its a drainage feature. But the mechanic is unaware of the Vezel dual clutch technology.

Grateful if someone can help me on same please.

20191129_081823.jpg

20191129_081829.jpg

It could be a vent of some sort, and seeping oil through the channel from a leak coming with in.

These dual clutch issues are a nightmare when they start so I suggest to immediately show this to the agent and do an oil change. I’m sure they know the issue. Costs may obviously be a bit higher but showing this to a 3rd party and him munching about will cost you maybe 10000lkr less at the most. Besides you have agent history and the receipt when selling

Even in normal cvt and auto boxes the oil needs a swap at 40k km. 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, darshana karunasagara said:

Hi I have same issue in my vezel RU3, small amount of  oil leak from arrow head mentioned point. Please advice me regarding that. Thanks

Screenshot_2022-02-11-12-29-14-365_com.android.chrome.jpg

Sorry but because the picture is small its hard tofigure out what is there. Is that a rubber nipple ? or is that a bolt ith a washer (i.e. a drain plug) ?

On 2/14/2022 at 5:50 AM, iRage said:

Sorry but because the picture is small its hard tofigure out what is there. Is that a rubber nipple ? or is that a bolt ith a washer (i.e. a drain plug) ?

when I went to STAFFORD to inspect my vezel 2015 …this marked part was wet with oil…mechanic said need to check from where it get leak…is this a big issue..?

please help me to fix this issue 

0246B4F5-34C7-44D9-A03E-FD3DFF668319.jpeg