• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What will be the best option Nissan N16 or some thing else ?

S.M Lasantha

Question

9 answers to this question

Contact me 071 977 9564

Hi every one.i am thinking of buying a car.but i dont have much knowledge about cars.i havent used one before.
So i am thinking of buying a used nissan N16 or a used car in that price range around 20laks of any brand.
So please guide me on this for a best choice.
Thank you! 

Sent from my G3312 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Having had to live with a N16  ( When I say this, its due to the fact I made some decisions that I had no option at that time) I can share the below. 

* fuel  economy is CRAP - if you are looking for N16, try to get the 1.5CC or better version

* Looks - nothing much  and very bland

*Parts are relatively cheap and available very freetly

There are better options out there in the market, do some test driving and take time to do a good research and most importantly , go with what makes you happy in the sense  of look and feel - Got the mechanical aspects checked by qualified person - not a maka bass.  (Sorry Cant Mention names but It starts with Car Ch%$#) 

15 hours ago, S.M Lasantha said:

Hi every one.i am thinking of buying a car.but i dont have much knowledge about cars.i havent used one before.

So i am thinking of buying a used nissan N16 or a used car in that price range around 20laks of any brand.

So please guide me on this for a best choice.

Thank you! 

Please look for something else. A very boring car!!

Go for a Lancer CS series which is similar vintage and price

It looks better, drives better.

Majority looked after by the owners than the N16 which are hacked to death. Look for full history, avoid cars used by companies and government (forces)

On 11/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, mazdaspeed said:

Having had to live with a N16  ( When I say this, its due to the fact I made some decisions that I had no option at that time) I can share the below. 

* fuel  economy is CRAP - if you are looking for N16, try to get the 1.5CC or better version

* Looks - nothing much  and very bland

*Parts are relatively cheap and available very freetly

There are better options out there in the market, do some test driving and take time to do a good research and most importantly , go with what makes you happy in the sense  of look and feel - Got the mechanical aspects checked by qualified person - not a maka bass.  (Sorry Cant Mention names but It starts with Car Ch%$#) 

We have been using a Nissan N16 for 15 years and sorry mate I cannot agree with you. There seems to be few variants of N16 in SL and this might true for some but what we have is an EX saloon with QG16DE engine and the car is extreamly reliable. We bought this in 2004 from 1st owner who brough this brand new. This comes with fabric seats and manual transmission and the car is superb if maintained properly. 

Would you believe we have average 16Km/L and sometimes it consumed just 18Km/L? (Measured through old full tank to full tank method) Maintiaing RPM below 2 will do magics though. The silencer produced water untill very recently and the mechanics of the car is nimble. Parts are available but some tend to be pricier that other models. The look of any car is subjective and I will not comment on this.

Thank you.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, GoldBugBee said:

We have been using a Nissan N16 for 15 years and sorry mate I cannot agree with you. There seems to be few variants of N16 in SL and this might true for some but what we have is an EX saloon with QG16DE engine and the car is extreamly reliable. We bought this in 2004 from 1st owner who brough this brand new. This comes with fabric seats and manual transmission and the car is superb if maintained properly. 

Would you believe we have average 16Km/L and sometimes it consumed just 18Km/L? (Measured through old full tank to full tank method) Maintiaing RPM below 2 will do magics though. The silencer produced water untill very recently and the mechanics of the car is nimble. Parts are available but some tend to be pricier that other models. The look of any car is subjective and I will not comment on this.

Thank you.

Wow - thanks for the info.

So there must be an issue with my fuel consumption as I don't even come close to the figure - even a 9 would be nice to have.

Would you be able to share a good place for me to take it to get a proper check up. Mine is the 1.3CC hence could be the issue as the car is way too large for the engine.

2 hours ago, mazdaspeed said:

Wow - thanks for the info.

So there must be an issue with my fuel consumption as I don't even come close to the figure - even a 9 would be nice to have.

Would you be able to share a good place for me to take it to get a proper check up. Mine is the 1.3CC hence could be the issue as the car is way too large for the engine.

this was the case with our family car for over a decade - a B14 with the 1.3 engine ....it was an ok car for city driving but on long distance it was not that fun and fuel economy was around 6-7 kmpl. But it was very reliable. None of the latter sunnys were that great though (post B13) I'd prefer a Mazda of similar vintage over an N16. 

20 hours ago, matroska said:

this was the case with our family car for over a decade - a B14 with the 1.3 engine ....it was an ok car for city driving but on long distance it was not that fun and fuel economy was around 6-7 kmpl. But it was very reliable. None of the latter sunnys were that great though (post B13) I'd prefer a Mazda of similar vintage over an N16. 

Oh god...the B14 makes me want to pull my hair out and makes my blood boil. Our family company had one...two actually....if anything one could think of that could break..it broke. So everything surrounding the engine block just broke..broke..and...broke....it looked nice and shiny though....however, on the plus side...it was cheap and easy to fix even with genuine parts...so simple that even a monkey could have been trained to fix it with a spanner and bunch of rubber bands. But considering a Sri lankan context..that really is what 90% of Sri Lankans want. Agreed...the last proper Sunny was the B13 series. I think considering what the B13 was...the B14 was a let down.

As for 1300cc engines...yes..the Corolla was the same...we had an EE101 (1.3L variant). It was pretty decent in the city (10ish ..with spirited driving) but on long drives...it pretty much sucked in terms of fuel efficiency as the engine was wailing at its upper limit (around 7 or 8). I cannot even imagine how these Corolla club boys get the 17-18kmpl they claim to get on long distances...must be driving like a deaf and blind grand father turtle.