• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What to buy within 5 - 6 mil range..???

GDTJ

I currently drive a swift rs 2017, thought of changing specially cz of the low fuel economy...  

1. Any recommendations within the range of 5 - 6mil (Unregistered) wt a good fuel economy rate..(around 15-18km/l will do) 

2. And do they still manufacture Honda fit gp5?? I had the 2014 one but had to change cz of the recall issue.. 

I don’t know what you are saying as 15-18kmpl (town, outstation or highway). For town limits, unless you travel in mid night, those figures are just a wish. A hybrid might be able to give those figures in short distances, but not in heavy traffic.

Now there is a huge popularity for Raize, but would give you 1-2 more kmpl than your Swift(or maybe similar). Still it’s early to predict on their characteristics as the car is yet to be imported. Vitara would be out of your league as it has the same engine on a heavier vehicle which would give lower figures for FC.

Then you are left aside with SL typical car buyers’ favorite cars. Allion and Premio. A 2013-2015 one can be grabbed in the given price bracket, where 90% of them being owned by permit holders. So most of them might be well taken care of. Better to go for less mileage one. Fuel figures totally depend on the driving style. I manage to squeeze out 20.X kmpl average figures (according to the trip computer) when traveling at 12-2 AM with a light foot recently. When traveling to places like Matara, using the highway, gives an average around 18kmpl for the whole journey (60% highway travel). With stop an go heavy traffic the figure might drop around 10-12 kmpl. For normal journeys with mild traffic with a distance of 60-70km, expect around 15kmpl. All those figures are based on the car’s on board trip computer and pumping 95. Most of the time I drive with an extremely light foot. It’s not a car to be driven enthusiastically, since on the corners, being ponderous and floaty. Still, it gives what Toyota is better doing at. Comfort and Reliability. For long journeys they outshine all the others from the same category with ample space, soft suspension, low road noise and ion generating AC.

So it’s totally upto your decision. Else you can go for a hybrid like the new ugly AF Prius?

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is the economy you get now, what type of driving conditions

None of the cars I have/ had done that economy in town including GP5 (10-12kmpl), Wagon R (12-14kmpl)

My BIL does not drive in heavy traffic gets 13-14 kmpl on his Swift RS 2017

If you want unregistered only car I could think will be a Wagon R or a similar Kei car for your budget.

Calculate and see how much you're going to save a month it may be few thousand rupees unless you are a sales person or a taxi Ydriver who does 5-6K a month.

You have one of the best cars in this price bracket and will definitely regret selling it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, alpha17 said:

I don’t know what you are saying as 15-18kmpl (town, outstation or highway). For town limits, unless you travel in mid night, those figures are just a wish. A hybrid might be able to give those figures in short distances, but not in heavy traffic.

Now there is a huge popularity for Raize, but would give you 1-2 more kmpl than your Swift(or maybe similar). Still it’s early to predict on their characteristics as the car is yet to be imported. Vitara would be out of your league as it has the same engine on a heavier vehicle which would give lower figures for FC.

Then you are left aside with SL typical car buyers’ favorite cars. Allion and Premio. A 2013-2015 one can be grabbed in the given price bracket, where 90% of them being owned by permit holders. So most of them might be well taken care of. Better to go for less mileage one. Fuel figures totally depend on the driving style. I manage to squeeze out 20.X kmpl average figures (according to the trip computer) when traveling at 12-2 AM with a light foot recently. When traveling to places like Matara, using the highway, gives an average around 18kmpl for the whole journey (60% highway travel). With stop an go heavy traffic the figure might drop around 10-12 kmpl. For normal journeys with mild traffic with a distance of 60-70km, expect around 15kmpl. All those figures are based on the car’s on board trip computer and pumping 95. Most of the time I drive with an extremely light foot. It’s not a car to be driven enthusiastically, since on the corners, being ponderous and floaty. Still, it gives what Toyota is better doing at. Comfort and Reliability. For long journeys they outshine all the others from the same category with ample space, soft suspension, low road noise and ion generating AC.

So it’s totally upto your decision. Else you can go for a hybrid like the new ugly AF Prius?

Thanks fr the explanation bro..  ?

6 hours ago, kush said:

What is the economy you get now, what type of driving conditions

None of the cars I have/ had done that economy in town including GP5 (10-12kmpl), Wagon R (12-14kmpl)

My BIL does not drive in heavy traffic gets 13-14 kmpl on his Swift RS 2017

If you want unregistered only car I could think will be a Wagon R or a similar Kei car for your budget.

Calculate and see how much you're going to save a month it may be few thousand rupees unless you are a sales person or a taxi Ydriver who does 5-6K a month.

You have one of the best cars in this price bracket and will definitely regret selling it

Yeah ryt.. Felt the same after reading the comments.. Thanks fr the info

15 hours ago, GDTJ said:

I currently drive a swift rs 2017, thought of changing specially cz of the low fuel economy...  

1. Any recommendations within the range of 5 - 6mil (Unregistered) wt a good fuel economy rate..(around 15-18km/l will do) 

2. And do they still manufacture Honda fit gp5?? I had the 2014 one but had to change cz of the recall issue.. 

Due to existing tax structures what you get unreg are mostly small turbo charged engines. These are NOT fuel efficient as hybrids and will not get you 15-18 KMPL. I really don't think the Raize will get you those fuel figures either.  As for the Honda Fit - Honda unveiled the new Fit - read 'Japanese Car news' Thread by Irage. 

10 hours ago, alpha17 said:

All those figures are based on the car’s on board trip computer and pumping 95.

Dude - just asking why would you pump 95 On an Allion? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Due to existing tax structures what you get unreg are mostly small turbo charged engines. These are NOT fuel efficient as hybrids and will not get you 15-18 KMPL. I really don't think the Raize will get you those fuel figures either.  As for the Honda Fit - Honda unveiled the new Fit - read 'Japanese Car news' Thread by Irage. 

Typical belief: Super petrol = Super performance, neh?

My old maths sir used to pump 95 in his 110cc scooter saying it increases mileage & performance. Can't lecture my maths sir now can I?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matroska said:

thanks bro..