• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which is the best Toyota Raize Model for my requirements?

TDS

3 hours ago, TDS said:

Width difference doesnt seem to be much

yeah and when you take into account the fact some of the CHR's width is due to it's curves and edges while the raize has a sort of minimalistic design maybe the overall difference won't be too much - in that earlier test drive video the interior (at least the front) looks a bit cramped tho. 

One should realize that this car caters to the bottom end of the market (economy) where they will cut corners to offer at a specific size and price.

CHR in the other hand is one segment up where comfort, features, performance will be also factored.

If you look at the base price difference in Japan for the two cars are over JPY 700K (Rs. 1.1-1.2 Mn) they would have had to cut corners some where.

out of curiosity I went through the specs of the Raise and CHR from the Toyota site and surprisingly Raise has more cabin space than the CHR.. but like @kush has said Raise is one class below the CHR and it lacks quality of interior bits and pieces you find on the CHR..

Raise interior dimensions are 1,955 × 1,420 × 1,250

CHR interior dimensions are 1,800 × 1,455 × 1,210

On 12/3/2019 at 2:43 PM, iRage said:

That is not true....I just read an article of a test ride that said that Toyota had recorded only 6500 orders for the Raize and 3500 for the Rocky (the article was published on the 2nd but the test drive was done last weekend). 

1. Local car salesmen cannot have placed more orders than what Toyota and Diahatsu say they have received

2. Hard to imagine that all the orders Toyota has are for Sri Lanka :) Especially when there are a few available for sale in Japan right now :)

So two weeks after the first report on sales the sales seem to have sky rocketed....

32,000 units of orders for the Raize....monthly production plan was 4100 units so there is going to be some wait. So the 7000 orders might be possible....check out the article for the breakdown on trim levels and specs been sold so far.

https://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20191205-10472427-carview/

3 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

out of curiosity I went through the specs of the Raise and CHR from the Toyota site and surprisingly Raise has more cabin space than the CHR.. but like @kush has said Raise is one class below the CHR and it lacks quality of interior bits and pieces you find on the CHR..

Raise interior dimensions are 1,955 × 1,420 × 1,250

CHR interior dimensions are 1,800 × 1,455 × 1,210

Well...it is not just about the actual dimensions of the space is it ? It is about how much stuff actually surrounds you and how you feel encapsulated in the cabin of the car and when you are encapsulated/cocooned in the car how you feel the length and width of the car.

The Raize has a simplistic box design so yes it does measure as being larger..but when you sit in it..it does not feel any much larger or smaller than a small sedan or a hatch. As for the likes of the CHR yes..you feel like you are cocooned by a whole lot of interior bits and stuff and sometimes even feel claustrophobic but you do feel the space. 

To put it in perspective....

a Vitz is : 1920(L)x1390(W)x1240...but when you get in to a CHR and then in to a Vitz....you do feel that the CHR is much bigger :)

Length wise....a Daihatsu Tanto is like 2000+mm :)

Also....weight of a car has a lot to do with how grounded the car is on the road, especially at high speed and on long drives. This has a direct impact on fatigue that the passengers feel.

28 minutes ago, iRage said:

So two weeks after the first report on sales the sales seem to have sky rocketed....

32,000 units of orders for the Raize....monthly production plan was 4100 units so there is going to be some wait. So the 7000 orders might be possible....check out the article for the breakdown on trim levels and specs been sold so far.

https://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20191205-10472427-carview/

Woow so we can expect a flood of Raises here in Sri Lanka as well in the near future :O

I'm now really curious to know the sales figures of the model which Raise is based on (Rocky).. If it is not anything like this then it is purely Toyota branding that is being show cased :D

34 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well...it is not just about the actual dimensions of the space is it ? It is about how much stuff actually surrounds you and how you feel encapsulated in the cabin of the car and when you are encapsulated/cocooned in the car how you feel the length and width of the car.

Yes, CHR is more sort of a wrap around you interior where as the Raise seems to be more of a traditional interior with a lot of open spaces.

36 minutes ago, iRage said:

To put it in perspective....

a Vitz is : 1920(L)x1390(W)x1240...but when you get in to a CHR and then in to a Vitz....you do feel that the CHR is much bigger :)

Yes, now that you have put it into perspective I see it is more or less the same interior dimensions as the Vitz :D I didn't compare the Raise's interior dimensions with the Vitz as most of the potential buyers were trying to compare it with the CHRs, Vezels and the Vitaras. Now I see it is very wrong.

This could be a decent town car with maneuverability, easy parking, room for your luggage and would be handy in times of heavy rains as we are experiencing these days with the added ground clearance :) 

My wagon R has more leg room, head room, than the Corolla Sport. I would even say more than the CRV.

It is the design, box maximizes space, seats are thin, no central console, doors does not have much storage or enough space for high quality speakers. Smaller tires/ wheel arches does not intrude to cabin.

All of which compromises the comfort and feel of the car.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Also....weight of a car has a lot to do with how grounded the car is on the road, especially at high speed and on long drives. This has a direct impact on fatigue that the passengers feel.

This is quite true...heavy ground hugging cars, good clear roads and long trips are a nice combo 

14 minutes ago, matroska said:

This is quite true...heavy ground hugging cars, good clear roads and long trips are a nice combo 

The biggest plus point of having a Civic. My odo is now 6.5k within just 4 months (including that one entire month where she was sitting in a garage). Love cruising ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Woow so we can expect a flood of Raises here in Sri Lanka as well in the near future ?

I'm now really curious to know the sales figures of the model which Raise is based on (Rocky).. If it is not anything like this then it is purely Toyota branding that is being show cased :D

They have not published it....the report that said Toyota had 6000x orders said that the Daihatsu had only 3500 order. On one hand it could also be because in Japan Toyota has a much wider dealership network than Daihatsu. Because of that Japanese prefer to buy the Toyota variant of a common car because the after sales service is more accessible and comprehensive.

I found the Rocky to be much nicer looking. I took this at the motorshow...look at the height of the women next to the white Rocky over there....

image.thumb.png.b4a8dd199b2a681dc682bcebd2bda80f.png

Since we are putting up picture of comparison....here are some pics of the vehicle next to a Toyota Probox and a kei van 

2020-toyota-raize-front-three-quarters-spy-shot-3e11.jpeg2020-toyota-raize-exterior-spy-shot-ee1a.jpeg

Here is Nobohiko Ono-san, designer of the Rocky/Raize standing next to his creation...

ダイハツ・ロッキー/トヨタ・ライズ【開発者インタビュー】

Here is Ono-san, who also was the chief engineer for the Boon/Passo standing nex to his creation a few years back..651_4.jpg

Here is a beautiful Japanese model sleeping in the back of a Vitz GR Sport GR...

後部座席で寝転がる森園れんさん

well...I could not find a picture of her laying in a Raize/Rocky...so that was a waste

but look at this man stand next to it...

20191109_125430.jpg

now look at him sit in it

20191109_125541.jpg

Finally...a Copen GR Sport, CHR GR Sport and a Raize altogether

昨日から 群サイで埼玉トヨペットさんのPV撮り! 小雪舞う中で、吉田さんとブルりながらロケ終了‼︎ なぜか 吉田さんは GRのC-HRが似合います‼️ #埼玉トヨペット  #CHR #copen #raize  #grsports  #埼玉トヨペットgreenbrave  #hirokiyoshida  #naokihattori

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TDS said:

Why am i getting more and more impressed with this little car with the every picture i see ?

It is a nice little city run around.....there is nothing wrong with it...but it is not a replacement for the vehicle models our car salesmen are pushing it as. If a hatchback does not work for you...this will give the same proportions in a bit more utilitarian package.

48 minutes ago, iRage said:

They have not published it....the report that said Toyota had 6000x orders said that the Daihatsu had only 3500 order. On one hand it could also be because in Japan Toyota has a much wider dealership network than Daihatsu. Because of that Japanese prefer to buy the Toyota variant of a common car because the after sales service is more accessible and comprehensive.

I found the Rocky to be much nicer looking. I took this at the motorshow...look at the height of the women next to the white Rocky over there....

Since we are putting up picture of comparison....here are some pics of the vehicle next to a Toyota Probox and a kei van 

2020-toyota-raize-front-three-quarters-spy-shot-3e11.jpeg2020-toyota-raize-exterior-spy-shot-ee1a.jpeg

Here is Nobohiko Ono-san, designer of the Rocky/Raize standing next to his creation...

Here is Ono-san, who also was the chief engineer for the Boon/Passo standing nex to his creation a few years back..651_4.jpg

Here is a beautiful Japanese model sleeping in the back of a Vitz GR Sport GR...

後部座席で寝転がる森園れんさん

well...I could not find a picture of her laying in a Raize/Rocky...so that was a waste

20191109_125430.jpg

20191109_125541.jpg

昨日から 群サイで埼玉トヨペットさんのPV撮り! 小雪舞う中で、吉田さんとブルりながらロケ終了‼︎ なぜか 吉田さんは GRのC-HRが似合います‼️ #埼玉トヨペット  #CHR #copen #raize  #grsports  #埼玉トヨペットgreenbrave  #hirokiyoshida  #naokihattori

wow thank you @iRage ??????

14 hours ago, iRage said:

後部座席で寝転がる森園れんさん

20191109_125430.jpg

20191109_125541.jpg

Love the pics iraj ?..

But I sense some sarcasm in that reply.. The string of photo comparisons you dished out made me laugh out loud....??

Which was not a good idea since I was studying in a library..???.. Now I'm getting looks from the librarian

Edited by Ranjitha
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ranjitha said:

Love the pics iraj ?..

But I sense some sarcasm in that reply.. The string of photo comparisons you dished out made me laugh out loud....??

Which was not a good idea since I was studying in a library..???.. Now I'm getting looks from the librarian

I though he was helping but was he being sarcastic all this time ?

9 hours ago, Ranjitha said:

Love the pics iraj ?..

I bet you would not be complaining if the librarian was an attractive lady :)

3 hours ago, TDS said:

I though he was helping but was he being sarcastic all this time ?

Well...what makes you think sarcasm cannot be helpful....I was being helpful with a tinge of sarcasm and humor :)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, iRage said:

I bet you would not be complaining if the librarian was an attractive lady :)

Well...what makes you think sarcasm cannot be helpful....I was being helpful with a tinge of sarcasm and humor :)

Well I  haven’t driven or owned super luxury vehicles like you guys and obviously don’t have the capacity to buy those also. I’m trying to make the best decision with my hard earned money and in my circumstances and I don’t think one needs to be sarcastic about it. 

55 minutes ago, TDS said:

Well I  haven’t driven or owned super luxury vehicles like you guys and obviously don’t have the capacity to buy those also. I’m trying to make the best decision with my hard earned money and in my circumstances and I don’t think one needs to be sarcastic about it. 

Dude chill.. 

It's genuinely helpful.. 

You can't get first hand , hard cold facts like this  from anyone on any Facebook page .. These guys are legit.. But they won't sugar coat information..  but I see no harm intended at you brother.. Don't worry no one is laughing at you, ..

Also for a guy who can afford a 4-6 mil bulk for his first car .. I must say you are living a luxury life.. so don't think that anyone was condescending..

I'm a doctor and I saved up five years to buy my first car,,( which started out as a 30 mill aqua in 2013 when I first started saving,, but ended up as a Suzuki Stingray wagon R ? thanks to tax hikes) .. So I think you have no right to feel disheartened.. Cheer up dude.. With this budget you have a lot of options.. Don't worry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have only Rs. 5-6 Mn. for a car and want to but brand new. Raize may be a good option.

Suggest you wait till they get one down and then go and have a look and feel whether you like it.

Only car we purchased without getting in and having a look was my mothers Toyota Corolla 141 that was also after seen few good reviews.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:27 PM, TDS said:

Uhh....I think you misunderstood the sarcasm.....the sarcasm was towards the car not you :), Yes I was sarcastic towards the fact that car salesmen keep posting pics of the car net to a CHR and RAV4 whilst trying to divert people from a CHR and convince them in to a Raize. So yes..I was being sarcastic by posting the Raize next to other things out there where..well..it doesn't look the same size as a CHR or like a slightly smaller RAV4 :)  The humor was about the random Japanese girl who was sleeping in the VItz whose picture just popped up when looking for images of the Raize...which lead me to look her up to see if she was laying in a Raize as well. I can safely say..no...she does not have a photo shoot with a Raize :) 

but no...none of the old school members here own super luxury cars :) like you assume we  Heck..in fact my cars in combination cost less than your budget :) Hell...I drive a 66 year old Morris Minor, a 36 year old Corolla coupe and a 21 year old Corolla wagon....and of course I have a 6 year old Fortuner now but that was bought duty free over here so it was cheaper than your permit value :)

Now for something that has nothing to do with cars...

As for whether all the info was helpful or not....did the posts any of us gave you help you see what the true size comparison of the Raize/Rocky is ? or what it would be like inside and what it apparently would be like to drive ?

Then sarcastic or humorous or not...wouldn't you say that it was genuinely informative since it was nothing that was made up like in the FB Raize owners group or the car salesmen and was actually based on facts and experiences ? So why would you think the that anything sarcastic or humorous is not genuinely helpful ? I mean..as a doctor would you make it all doom and gloom if you come across a terminal patient ? You would be honest about the terminal condition but would put it in a positive tone to make the patient's remaining days at ease correct ? It does not mean you are making light of the patient's impending death. 

Edited by iRage
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, Ranjitha said:

Dude chill.. 

It's genuinely helpful.. 

You can't get first hand , hard cold facts like this  from anyone on any Facebook page .. These guys are legit.. But they won't sugar coat information..  but I see no harm intended at you brother.. Don't worry no one is laughing at you, ..

Also for a guy who can afford a 4-6 mil bulk for his first car .. I must say you are living a luxury life.. so don't think that anyone was condescending..

I'm a doctor and I saved up five years to buy my first car,,( which started out as a 30 mill aqua in 2013 when I first started saving,, but ended up as a Suzuki Stingray wagon R ? thanks to tax hikes) .. So I think you have no right to feel disheartened.. Cheer up dude.. With this budget you have a lot of options.. Don't worry

True that. Me being in the same profession, bought my first car, a 1995 ek3 at 1.6M in 2014 with a loan and still running it (and still enjoing). Now I have 2 permits at hand and trying to sell them so that I can settle other comittements and upgrade to something around 3M.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, TDS said:

So you my friend, are in the previledged lot! ?

• Thanks 1

Well the first set of Raises have landed it seems.. A friend of mine is expecting to buy one and I went with him today and inspected one (Z grade variant) at a car sale.

Seemed decently put together not as plasticy as I expected. But, like @iRage reiterated it is nothing fancy and the interior isn't as spacious as the dimensions sounded. Average leg space and headroom was there in the back (this is when the front seats were not dragged to their back most position. But, the position it was set in didn't cause any problems for the front passengers either). I felt 3 fully grown adults might struggle to travel in the rear (hatchback like room was there). The luggage space was also in a decent hatchback territory. The thing that caught my eye the most was how tiny the accelerator pedal was :D (me being a Civic FD owner I'm used to a large accelerator pedal). As I saw the rear had torsion beam suspension and drum brakes (I might be wrong here because it was just a few minutes with the car)

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Well the first set of Raises have landed it seems.. A friend of mine is expecting to buy one and I went with him today and inspected one (Z grade variant) at a car sale.

Seemed decently put together not as plasticy as I expected. But, like @iRage reiterated it is nothing fancy and the interior isn't as spacious as the dimensions sounded. Average leg space and headroom was there in the back (this is when the front seats were not dragged to their back most position. But, the position it was set in didn't cause any problems for the front passengers either). I felt 3 fully grown adults might struggle to travel in the rear (hatchback like room was there). The luggage space was also in a decent hatchback territory. The thing that caught my eye the most was how tiny the accelerator pedal was :D (me being a Civic FD owner I'm used to a large accelerator pedal). As I saw the rear had torsion beam suspension and drum brakes (I might be wrong here because it was just a few minutes with the car)

So you are our Chris Columbus!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

about the seats....there isn't much space..but becuase of the boxy shape the seats are able to be set high..because the seats are set high....even though there is little space and the front seat is pushed to the back...the rear passengers can survive.