• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which is the best Toyota Raize Model for my requirements?

TDS

24 minutes ago, hrm said:

Allion passed this test. :)

6 hours ago, kush said:

I here you, my Corolla Sport has only 135mm, you need to plan the route.

3 hours ago, matroska said:

One place I know for sure the car will not be able to handle is that pit-like car park near SLECC and I've never gone there. I saw a Mazda 6 get scraped coming out of it - it wasn't pleasant.

Who woulda thought ground clearance is such a pressing issue  for car owners ? I feel spoiled ? 

@kush how many times did you manage to bottom out the Lancer?

Edited by Hyaenidae

34 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Who woulda thought ground clearance is such a pressing issue  for car owners ? I feel spoiled ? 

@kush how many times did you manage to bottom out the Lancer?

Newer, actually car was spot less apart from few scratches in the bumper.

Was rear ended twice by a motor bike and a Nissan Sunny both instances bumper bounced back with a gentle push. 

Only time I had a issues were

Swift when the oil filter got bottomed up, got loose and I lost all oil for my luck with loss of oil pressure car went in to limp mode and i had to park on the roadside replace the filter and oil. No permanent damage, bloody thing had the filter right in front carved in to the sump.

Long time back managed to go over a rock that was in middle of the road in my moms car (Nissan Sunny). Damaged the sump and oil was leaking all over the place. Managed to do the repair at the friendly welder near my place FOC. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hrm said:

Allion passed this test. :)

It has to with a whopping 160mm ground clearance. The only time I saw my cousins Allion have any trouble was over a ramp like mound due to its length.The middle part slightly scraped.

• Like 1

So...there are about 4 Raizes for sale in Japan that can actually be picked up and still a lot are yet to be delivered. Actual road tests are starting to come up and reviewers seem to like it as a little daily city car for Japan. They also seem to prefer the 4wd as opposed to the 2wd as the extra weight seems to make the car feel more grounded and has less road vibrations due to the weight.

https://gazoo.com/impression/r329097.html

• Thanks 1

Saw in Elak*ri that couple of units are about to be shipped soon and will arrive here in late Dec/ early Jan. This is the first actual video I found driving it. At low speeds car is silent but when you push it, sounds almost same as the Vitz probably due to same engine being turbo charged. Pretty rev happy.

Edited by hrm

3 hours ago, hrm said:

Saw in Elak*ri that couple of units are about to be shipped soon and will arrive here in late Dec/ early Jan. This is the first actual video I found driving it. At low speeds car is silent but when you push it, sounds almost same as the Vitz probably due to same engine being turbo charged. Pretty rev happy.

Thus the reason why the reviewers like it for a daily running city car for Japan. Nippy quiet for city use...

As I keep saying..the Raize is a minicar...and it is based on the DNGA platform destined for Daihatsu/Toyota minicars....and as the reviews also keep coming out...it is constantly compared to a minicar.....

It is sad that Sri Lankan car salesmen are passing this up to badge hunting, want to impress neighbor type car buyers as an alternatives for the the C-HR, Vitara X-Trail, etc..and in some cases the Allion/Premio.

https://carview.yahoo.co.jp/article/testdrive/20191126-20105763-carview/1/

16 hours ago, iRage said:

As I keep saying..the Raize is a minicar...and it is based on the DNGA platform destined for Daihatsu/Toyota minicars....and as the reviews also keep coming out...it is constantly compared to a minicar.....

It is sad that Sri Lankan car salesmen are passing this up to badge hunting, want to impress neighbor type car buyers as an alternatives for the the C-HR, Vitara X-Trail, etc..and in some cases the Allion/Premio.

https://carview.yahoo.co.jp/article/testdrive/20191126-20105763-carview/1/

They will realize when the actual car comes here. There are people here you buys cars based on recommendations of sales guys looking at pictures.

1 hour ago, kush said:

They will realize when the actual car comes here. There are people here you buys cars based on recommendations of sales guys looking at pictures.

There are some KIA and Hyundai models going around here of similar kind. Apparently Hyundai has sold nearly 40 units since launching last month in SL after take over by Abans.

Vehicles are not very attractive aesthetically 

57 minutes ago, Quiet said:

There are some KIA and Hyundai models going around here of similar kind. Apparently Hyundai has sold nearly 40 units since launching last month in SL after take over by Abans.

Vehicles are not very attractive aesthetically 

You mean Hyundai Venue and Kia Stonic? 

On 11/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, kush said:

I here you, my Corolla Sport has only 135mm, you need to plan the route. negotiating the entry exit out of the road is the worse as there is either a hump, gradient too much etc.. 

This is the reason most of the buyers look for SUVs, just for the ground clearance nothing else.

Ground clearance is one of my main concerns

Edited by TDS

On 11/25/2019 at 12:29 PM, hrm said:

Thanks dude

On 11/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, iRage said:

It is sad that Sri Lankan car salesmen are passing this up to badge hunting, want to impress neighbor type car buyers

Two automotive terms that give the Average Karunarathna's hard-on's are (1) Toyota (2) SUV (or in their language Jip eka)   it doesn't matter this is a mini-suv it's a Toyota SUV and that's enough for them to lose their sh#t  ? 

Sri Lanka's are generally bad at understanding/comprehending the concept of using something for what it was intended for. What i'm more interested in is to see if anyone actually brings down the actual Daihatsu version.  Looking forward to hearing stuff like ' Daihatsu eka gahanne Malaysian wala'  'Or Daihatsu eka market naha eka gahanne taiwan wala' 

On 11/29/2019 at 7:43 AM, kush said:

They will realize when the actual car comes here.

Yeah well even when you look at  that video hrm shared it's clear the car is rather small 

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Two automotive terms that give the Average Karunarathna's hard-on's are (1) Toyota (2) SUV (or in their language Jip eka)   it doesn't matter this is a mini-suv it's a Toyota SUV and that's enough for them to lose their sh#t  ? 

Sri Lanka's are generally bad at understanding/comprehending the concept of using something for what it was intended for. What i'm more interested in is to see if anyone actually brings down the actual Daihatsu version.  Looking forward to hearing stuff like ' Daihatsu eka gahanne Malaysian wala'  'Or Daihatsu eka market naha eka gahanne taiwan wala' 

Yeah well even when you look at  that video hrm shared it's clear the car is rather small 

Unfortunately in the reality we live in, I have to be considerate of the few factors which have limited my options...

considering the size, from the dimensions available online my understanding  is that it will be in the same width and length as Rush 2007 model, but will be 10 cm less in height. The hieght will be the same as a vezel. So when  you think of a shorter version of Rush 2007 or a narrower version of a vezel-  I think it is going to be a small car.

17 hours ago, TDS said:

Unfortunately in the reality we live in, I have to be considerate of the few factors which have limited my options...

considering the size, from the dimensions available online my understanding  is that it will be in the same width and length as Rush 2007 model, but will be 10 cm less in height. The hieght will be the same as a vezel. So when  you think of a shorter version of Rush 2007 or a narrower version of a vezel-  I think it is going to be a small car.

Yeah - that's about right - the car will of course be quite maneuverable in the towns and tight parking slots as well as those narrow lanes - and the added ground clearance will be useful specially for outstations 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, TDS said:

Guys the country is going to be flooded with Raize I think- heard from an importer today that there are about 7000 pre orders from Srilanka alone now ?

That is not true....I just read an article of a test ride that said that Toyota had recorded only 6500 orders for the Raize and 3500 for the Rocky (the article was published on the 2nd but the test drive was done last weekend). 

1. Local car salesmen cannot have placed more orders than what Toyota and Diahatsu say they have received

2. Hard to imagine that all the orders Toyota has are for Sri Lanka :) Especially when there are a few available for sale in Japan right now :)

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, iRage said:

That is not true....I just read an article of a test ride that said that Toyota had recorded only 6500 orders for the Raize and 3500 for the Rocky (the article was published on the 2nd but the test drive was done last weekend). 

1. Local car salesmen cannot have placed more orders than what Toyota and Diahatsu say they have received

2. Hard to imagine that all the orders Toyota has are for Sri Lanka :) Especially when there are a few available for sale in Japan right now :)

I hope there aren’t many orders from srilanka and I don’t have to wait in a long queue like a few years back my friend had to do just to get an Alto

23 hours ago, TDS said:

Also I’m told that one place will have a few units by 20th Dec, looking forward to go there and see it in my own eyes...

Could be....they have been appearing for sale in japan (a few numbers) since the last few weeks....

Again.....as expected..the reviews suggest that it is a decent little mini car like SUV which is good for the Japanese city streets. So if you are looking at sitting around in Coombo traffic and still ahve some utility...it might be a good option. However...again..it is a mini car....not a replacement to a Vitara or CHR or RAV4 or Allion/Premio

• Thanks 1