• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyotoa Vitz battery Replacment-Advice needed

Optimus3000

Hello folks,My car is a Toyota vitz 2016.During a routine battery test at a service center,technician  advised me to replace the battery sooner than later.

(once they connected to a electronic battery tester ,A value of 155 was shown whereas in a brand new battery that same value was shown as 370.

i don't know what is the unit of that measurement)

I want to know kindly where can i buy a genuine Japanese battery in sri lanka.if Japanese batteries are scarce,what would be the best alternative battery brand which is more durable & affordable

thank you in advance

my battery category  :- 46B24L

20191115_111703.jpg

20191115_111720.jpg

An amaron with 4 year warranty would do just fine. If you seriously want a jap battery, then Yuasa is the way to go. Lots of tyre & parts shops have them.

@tiv you told something about yuasa batteries having a short battery life when kept under the hood. Does this happen to those wagonR specific batteries or??

• Like 1

My experience with Exide has been pretty good. I think now the batteries get a 4 year warranty, and for the Monty i actually got 1 battery replaced under warranty. 

Amaron is another option. But if you insist Yuasa will be a good choice. Am not sure whether Panasonic is manufactured in Japan anymore. 

Lucas and Exide both are the same and manufactured by the same factory at Rathmalana. 

3 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

An amaron with 4 year warranty would do just fine. If you seriously want a jap battery, then Yuasa is the way to go. Lots of tyre & parts shops have them.

@tiv you told something about yuasa batteries having a short battery life when kept under the hood. Does this happen to those wagonR specific batteries or??

Yea true, we had a discussion here as well, Yuasa sent here don’t last as long when in the engine bay, I’ve asked several importers as well, this owing to me owning a hilux with a dual battery setup, I needed 1 battery every year till I switched to exide.

no even the 85 A and 100A big ones 

Edited by tiv

4 hours ago, Optimus3000 said:

Hello folks,My car is a Toyota vitz 2016.During a routine battery test at a service center,technician  advised me to replace the battery sooner than later.

(once they connected to a electronic battery tester ,A value of 155 was shown whereas in a brand new battery that same value was shown as 370.

i don't know what is the unit of that measurement)

I want to know kindly where can i buy a genuine Japanese battery in sri lanka.if Japanese batteries are scarce,what would be the best alternative battery brand which is more durable & affordable

thank you in advance

my battery category  :- 46B24L

20191115_111703.jpg

20191115_111720.jpg

It’s just a battery, the volts They hold and amps they put out and charge aren’t Japanese, these aren’t even questions to discuss. Jap batteries are Not designed for our climatic variations either 

there are Importers who take advantage of people and sell Japanese brand new batteries at insane amounts, 

don’t go all ocd looking for a Japanese battery, and pay premium, and its not the start stop model even right?

just go with a popular brand here, they all work manage 2 to 4 years based on usage.

personal experiences, Exide works well, Amaron  even better, Panasonic expensive but good. 

spend that money on an oil change 

Edited by tiv
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, PRK said:

If we select Amaron battery, which model is good for Vitz 2016? Kindly give some advises

I did not know Amaron had different models. They used to have only one range of batteries of different capacity/output. So no matter what the model is..you eventually have to settle to whatever model has the capacity/output requirements are for the car.

• Like 1