• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying the 1st Car, Nissan Tiida or Toyota Vios to buy?? 2.5mil budget.

SahanSL

Question

I am looking for a good car to buy as my 1st. My budget is 2.5mil. I have looked for Toyota VIOS and Nissan Tiida.  They seemed better cars, but I have very low knowledge in automobiles. 

My greatest concern is the MAINTENANCE COST and repair costs. Please tell me if one of these cars are good to buy as a 1st car or any other cars to be looked.  

Thanks & regards. 

Edited by SahanSL
Grammar mistake.

12 answers to this question

Both cars will serve you well if you find well maintained specimens. I assume you're looking at the first gen Vios (XP40) and not the XP90 (known as Belta-body in Sri Lanka and looks like yaris/belta) these cars are time proven and tough machines BUT they're almost 15 years old now and have faced a lot of abuse. You have a better chance of getting a newer Tiida. I've been in both and the Tiida is a bit more comfier and feels more refined than the Vios. If you can find an unabused Vios go for it ...or else the Tiida isn't too bad a choice. Keep your options open and look for both. Once you find a good unit go for it. 

• Thanks 2

Thank you for the opinion. I too prefer Tiida as its 2007/8. But some internet reviews mention that Tiida is a bit costly in maintenance. Is Tiida a high cost maintenance car. 

Do you think Good condition Tiida is a go as a 1st car. 

Thank you Matroska...

What are the things to consider when buying a Nissan Tiida. I wont bother about Fuel consumption. The main thing is the maintenance cost, minor and major. As all the used Tiidas(2007/8) have driven 100k-150k. 

This is going to be my 1st car, so I have no knowledge about instant repairs or car breakdown in middle of the road. Please some advices are needed.

The Tiida is more Renault Nissan than a proper Nissan - i've heard of various little niggles including the air conditioning

Why not the Vitz? It'll have all the Toyota reliability and re-sale value going for it but be newer than the Vios

The Axela is good proposition but is unlikely to return the kind of fuel figures some of the others will

To be honest all your choices are pretty solid - what will set them apart would be the actual specimen

Look for proper maintenance records - not just oil changes done at the agent - but actual bills and receipts for consumables like brake pads etc etc - the quality of the parts used and the place where the work was done will tell you a lot about how the owner has treated the car.

Get it scanned for errors and inspected for accident damage too 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Devinda_Z for the info.

So u propose a vitz over Tiida. But the thing is the year and price are very similar in both. Whereas Vitz is a hatchback. 

But I'll honor your advice and look for a good vitz. The thing is most of them look veryyyyyy old when it passes 6/7 years.

Btw, my main concern is the MAINTENANCE cost. What will be the car with least maintenance cost. And what about Brandnew Hustler or Passo.???

Thanks and regards. 

Edited by SahanSL
Info

But please do remember that the 1L engine in the Vitz is somewhat of a lazy grumbly dog. The 1.3L Vitz (or 1.5L) is a lot lot lot better. 1.3/1.5 will be a little bit lesser fuel efficient than the 1L variant, but it (1.3 and 1.5) is totally worth it as it is a completely different car that is much nicer to drive.  

• Thanks 2

On 11/16/2019 at 3:53 PM, iRage said:

But please do remember that the 1L engine in the Vitz is somewhat of a lazy grumbly dog. The 1.3L Vitz (or 1.5L) is a lot lot lot better. 1.3/1.5 will be a little bit lesser fuel efficient than the 1L variant, but it (1.3 and 1.5) is totally worth it as it is a completely different car that is much nicer to drive.  

Thought the 1.5L was rare?

On 11/16/2019 at 4:08 PM, SahanSL said:

@iRage. Do you have any suggestions for 2.5 mil bro. Greatly appreciated. 

1) Nissan Tiida

2) Toyota Vios

3) Passo

4) Vitz

5) Mazda Axela

6) Swift

7) Nissan FB15

? Toyota ist.

Or Brand new Hustler. ????

Or Any other.

Thanks & regards.

Why not look at a Mitsubishi CS1, CS2 or CS3 2008 or later (Gira Hota model)? I think it will tick all if not most of your boxes