• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Raize : the new kid on the block

Ranjitha

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Nah, JDM. There's a daihatsu version called 'Rocky' too with a better looking front end.

That's what bothers me it has several links to other places ,, will have to wait and see ,a potential alternative for  c-hr .. But not the best buy for the permit as the tax is only 20 (my permit is 36.5) 

Got a quotation for one though..

?Toyota Raize.
?Brand new
✔Starting from 5.2 million

Toyota Raize is on offer in 4 variants of X, XS, G and Z. Here Raize X is base variant and Raize Z is top variant.

Standard safety features on all models
– Collision warning function (for vehicles and pedestrians) / Collision avoidance support brake function (for vehicles and pedestrians)
– Sign recognition function (no entry)
– Leading vehicle start notification function
– Lane departure warning function / Lane departure suppression control function
– Blind spot monitor (BSM)
– Auto high beam
– Brake control with erroneous start suppression control function (front and rear)

Top end / optional features
– ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) with full vehicle speed tracking function
– Lane Keep Control (LKC)-Smart
– Panorama Parking Assist
– Panoramic sunroof
– Side View Lamp
– Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB)
– Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)

2020 TOYOTA RAIZE 1.0L Turbo
RAIZE Z: 58.40 lakhs
RAIZE G:  55.75 lakhs
RAIZE XS:  53.30 lakhs
RAIZE X:  52.25 lakhs

Options
Spare tire: 17000lkr
Special color : 
+0lkr( B86,  R67,  S28, T32, X07)
+51000lkr(W25, B82) 
+85000lkr (X95,XH6) or 119000 lkr(XH3)

EXTERIOR COLOR
B82 Laser blue crystal shine +51000lkr
B86 Turquoise blue mica metallic
R67 Fire quartz red metallic
S28 Bright silver metallic
T32 Natural beige mica metallic
W25 Shining white pearl +56100 lkr
X07 Black mica metallic
X95 Black*Bright silver M +93500 lkr
XH3 Black*Shining white P +130900 lkr
XH6 Black*Turquoise blue mica M +93500lkr
Seen in some other forum

This is the direct competitor for the Vitara, but for me considering the looks, the Vitara seems to have a more conservative approach while the Raize having a sporty approach. Of course the latter might become more popular. Before deciding upon one, better to compare both those models and select the best one. Still it’s early to comment on reliability and fuel figures, but “EVERYONE WHO EXPECTS TO BUY A RAIZE SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER THE VITARA”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alpha17 said:

This is the direct competitor for the Vitara, but for me considering the looks, the Vitara seems to have a more conservative approach while the Raize having a sporty approach. Of course the latter might become more popular. Before deciding upon one, better to compare both those models and select the best one. Still it’s early to comment on reliability and fuel figures, but “EVERYONE WHO EXPECTS TO BUY A RAIZE SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER THE VITARA”.

True ,, Vitara is more time tested,, but in Sri Lanka the raize has that Toyota market xfactor ,, I guess that would be a major reason for it to outsell the Vitara (IF it does) ..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Oh hell No !

I saw this at the Tokyo Motorshow (see the Japanese Car News Thread for a long discussion). This is pretty much the size of a Vitz but taller and maybe like 10 or 15 cm longer. The interior is decent but does not have the refinement of a CHR nor the spunkiness of the new Yaris.  The seats too are not as huggy as the CHR.

But it is not bad. 

This is a Daihatsu....not a Toyota...a Daihatsu with a Toyota badge and bits and pieces from Toyota. So finally Sri Lankans are willing to embrace a Daihatsu after about 3 decades (albeit they will be doing so without knowing and be in denial forever)

Toyota calls this a passenger car with SUV LOOKS ! Not a mini SUV like our car salesmen keep harping about. This is NOT a competitor or an alternative to the CHR or the Vitara (even the Vitara is larger than this). This is much smaller. This is an alternative for a Vue or Kwid or a Redi-Go (i.e. a small crossover if a Hatchback does not cut it for you)

Most of our Sri Lankan car buyers are going to go for this because it is cheap and looks like a 4WD (so gives them added excitement and ego strokes). This will not be as comfy or as refined as the CHR or the Premio/Allion which some people are thinking of replacing with this :D

This is the replacement for the Terios/Rush. Ironically neither the Terios nor Rush did that well in SL (except for the few permit imports) but this will probably be a hit because it is cheap due to the low engine capacity and the taxes that it will attract.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, iRage said:

Oh hell No !

I saw this at the Tokyo Motorshow (see the Japanese Car News Thread for a long discussion). This is pretty much the size of a Vitz but taller and maybe like 10 or 15 cm longer. The interior is decent but does not have the refinement of a CHR nor the spunkiness of the new Yaris.  The seats too are not as huggy as the CHR.

But it is not bad. 

This is a Daihatsu....not a Toyota...a Daihatsu with a Toyota badge and bits and pieces from Toyota.

Toyota calls this a passenger car with SUV LOOKS ! Not a mini SUV like our car salesmen keep harping about. This is NOT a competitor or an alternative to the CHR or the Vitara (even the Vitara is larger than this). This is much smaller. This is an alternative for a Vue or Kwid or a Redi-Go.

Most of our Sri Lankan car buyers are going to go for this because it is cheap and looks like a 4WD (so gives them added excitement and ego strokes). This will not be as comfy or as refined as the CHR or the Premio/Allion which some people are thinking of replacing with this :D

This is the replacement for the Terios/Rush. Ironically neither the Terios nor Rush did that well in SL (except for the few permit imports) but this will probably be a hit because it is cheap due to the low engine capacity and the taxes that it will attract.

And this people ,, is the reason why I post here,, genuine first hand information ..

I was actually considering this for my permit

Thanks for saving me a heap of trouble , Mr irag San ,,I owe you one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ranjitha said:

And this people ,, is the reason why I post here,, genuine first hand information ..

I was actually considering this for my permit

Thanks for saving me a heap of trouble , Mr irag San ,,I owe you one

Do not get me wrong...this is not a bad car....but it is not a replacement for a CH-R, Vitara, Premio/Allion. If you are okay with a Terios like car..then sure...it will be okay...but for 1000cc...also remember this is the same 1L 1KR-VET engine from the Thor/Tank. It is an updated engine that came in the 1L Vitz (1KR-FE). The 1KR-FE was not very good but seems like the 1KR-VET has been much better so far.

Also, the 1KR is a Daihatsu engine...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, iRage said:

Most of our Sri Lankan car buyers are going to go for this because it is cheap and looks like a 4WD (so gives them added excitement and ego strokes).

Oh no...why am I getting pictures of riced out Raizes going over a muddy puddle and a videos of it surfacing online saying 'Raize Offroad club of Srilanka' or 'Raize club meetup' with a cringey music/filter edit over it?

Rice = raize?

Edited by □AVANTE□
#Rize
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, iRage said:

This is a Daihatsu....not a Toyota...a Daihatsu with a Toyota badge and bits and pieces from Toyota. So finally Sri Lankans are willing to embrace a Daihatsu after about 3 decades (albeit they will be doing so without knowing and be in denial forever)

You forgot the Passo

On the other hand, Vivas, Avanzas and Wigo/Axia are also essentially Daihatsus...

On a different note, Daihatsus, even with Toyota badge, don't have a good record for reliability (compared to actual Toyotas like Vitz and Vios)... so I would expect Raize to have some reliability issues...

But for the average Sri Lankan, it's the badge that matters.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, alpha17 said:

This is the direct competitor for the Vitara

I guess Raize is a direct competitor for the Hyundai Venue. Despite the similar tax bracket Vitara is a pricier, larger Crossover not in the same group as the Raize.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, matroska said:

I guess Raize is a direct competitor for the Hyundai Venue. Despite the similar tax bracket Vitara is a pricier, larger Crossover not in the same group as the Raize.

Yes ! Vitara is pricier because it is much more car ! The Vitara used to be a competitor for the RAV4 in the past but now it has been re-positioned as a competitor for the C-HR.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, Crosswind said:

You forgot the Passo

On a different note, Daihatsus, even with Toyota badge, don't have a good record for reliability (compared to actual Toyotas like Vitz and Vios)... so I would expect Raize to have some reliability issues...

But for the average Sri Lankan, it's the badge that matters.

Oh right...the Daihatsu Boned...

Well..this is their very first car that is based on their DNGA platform...which is pretty much a derivative of Toyota's TNGA platform. So lets hope some of the niggles have been resolved.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:34 AM, □AVANTE□ said:

Rice = raize?

A typical japanese play on English words that is just ridiculous...

Raize comes from the the car being Raised and the active lifestyle it gives you leaves you surprised  and amazed (or some balony like that)...Thus..Raized.... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iRage said:

A typical japanese play on English words that is just ridiculous...

Raize comes from the the car being Raised and the active lifestyle it gives you leaves you surprised  and amazed (or some balony like that)...Thus..Raized.... 

Like the Vezel (play on words for Vessel)

& Maruti Dezire

It seems Z is 10x cooler than S

Boo, you suck S

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Haha 1