• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vinyl Sticker Advise

Darious Stone

Hi Guys

Sorry if this a dumb question but wanted to get some advice.

I scratched the front buffer in a hurry and there some scratches on plastic buffer.Should I get a proper paint job or shall I hide it with vinyl sticker ?

Is it cheaper than getting a proper paint job done & how long does this Vinyl stickers last?

What are legal implications of having your buffers front and behind in different colours from original?Is there anything we need to do legally get it approved if so what's the procedure & cost ?

Who are reliable places to get this kind of thing done ?

It's my first car so thought about playing around with the colours a bit just want to what the expert's think about it and I hope Vinyls are much affordable than getting a proper paint job done.

Sorry in advance if anyone finds this question funny or stupid.Please pardon me in advance and forgive this newbie

Edited by Darious Stone

If you can live with the scratch, just forget it and move on. That's the best option.

If you cant, then go for a paint job. You may not get a 100% match on the colour though. It should cost you about 5000

Sticking vinyl is a DIY job really. You can get a few square metres for less than a 1000 and stick it yourself. There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube for vinyl wrapping. I vinyl wrapped a part of Fiat Punto dashboard sometime ago. Removing it was a challenge but there were step by step instructions on the internet for that. For a bumper, it's pretty simple. 

It is actually against the law to change the colour of a vehicle (even a part of it). But nobody seems to care about that. If you wrap the whole car in vinyl, one or two cops may stop and ask you about it. They may ask you to remove the vinyl, but that's about it.

Here's the process for changing a vehicle's colour, courtesy of our resident joker @PreseaLover

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1