• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cosmetic Issue with CLA200

cuteoz

Hi

I purchased a CLA200 and the dealer promised its brand new and the transaction was for an exchange, however when I looked into the headlamp there seems to be an uneven component in the plastic, I told this to the dealer who promised me warranty, and is yet to be registered, and said I should have properly checked and got it, this is after notifying him within an hour of getting it back.

I understand it's a cosmetic issue, but still a bit disheartened that the quality of Mercs and how could this happen to a new car? and the dealer is unwilling to help.

IMG-20191108-WA0033.jpeg

Is the dealer the the authorized dealer or a car sale.

If its a sale the so called brand new car may have run a 100 000km wraped it self around a light pole completely repaired with inferior parts and sold as brand new zero millage with forged certificates.

Anyways if its through the company (d!m0) its brand new alright but such attention may not be given to details.

Although we considered germans having great attention to details in the past now they are loosing that specialy in the mass produced cars in the lower end that we get here like the bmw318i Audi a4, A5, q3 merc cla c class etc.

This should be the least of your concerns comparing to the oil birning issues infortainment screen getting stuck issues, low speed misfire issue seen on those small engined euros that filled our streets.

And mind you there be a lot to come in sri lanka as most of our people couldnt properly maintain a dual clutch gearbox.

@Clark'sson Yup. Agree on the germans loosing their commitment to quality. I mean it's a crime for a car to have that much issues. Either people stop buying them or go pelt stones at the the merc HQ. 

TIL that CLAs have a possibility of misfiring at slow speeds. Doesn't this have a recall?

As for @cuteoz's question: Sorry to hear, Where did you buy the car from & if all else fails, try to ignore that issue. 

For something like this, it is not acceptable as a Merc. It’s true that lower end Mercs are not up to the quality standards that of the S classes or Maybach. But assmblu of those lights are usually done by humans, who has well trained eyes to identify those little imperfections during the assembly. Like others said, it might be a car which was repaired and sent to SL with fake documents. If it’s imported from the agent D*MO, hands down; Merc build quality problem.

I got it checked at Avinda benz who does services and spare parts and he said the car didnt have any physical damages or anything at all, the headlight thing looks like an manufacturing defect though as the outside lenses are perfectly fine.

6 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

@Clark'sson Yup. Agree on the germans loosing their commitment to quality. I mean it's a crime for a car to have that much issues. Either people stop buying them or go pelt stones at the the merc HQ. 

TIL that CLAs have a possibility of misfiring at slow speeds. Doesn't this have a recall?

As for @cuteoz's question: Sorry to hear, Where did you buy the car from & if all else fails, try to ignore that issue. 

Yes, trying to forget about it as the car seems brand new with around 300 driven, and got it checked with one of those merc servicing agents and checked the electronics which turned out to be fine, just didn't notice the headlight having a small cosmetic thing. couldn't have been driven 100,000 as the CLA has been released only in june and was shipped in July.

9 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Forgot to mention Avinda! 

Try to forget it, life is short anyways. Hope you have a happy motoring experience. Also gotta say, the new CLA does have an aggressive look to it!

Hi Avante, yes, the car is great, pulls really fast compared to my older Civic, and the dashboard and everything is all high tech, already got a few scratches in the dash so quickly haha. I guess since theres no damage, and just cosmetic issue, gonna forget about it, By the way you know Avinda who does the Merc Service station in Rajagiriya? they have loads of Mercs parked outside.

Try to put transparent stickers/protective films on some of the plastics. Most modern cars have those shiny plastic parts that are scratch magnets. Nice to know you are enjoying the car! And yes, I got to know about Avinda through the forums, the go-to place for mercs!

And if you are gonna be a frequent member here, I suggest you put up a review of the CLA in the 'blog entries' section! Would be nice

Edited by □AVANTE□