• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What car to buy with the budget of 2.2mil

da_semicolon

Hey all,

It's 2019 and most of the topics related are a bit old and I want a fresh opinion on what to do. I will make this simple as possible. I have a budget of 2.2 million and I'm trying to buy a car for daily use. I'm not really concerned that much about the fuel consumption as long as it's above 10km/l in city traffic. Since safety is also important to me I have decided to stay away from all Indian cars.

The most bugging decision for me regarding is whether to buy an 10 year old car or a relatively new Micro Panda Cross 2017/18. The old car options I have are;
Nissan March k12
Viva Elite 2013
Honda Fit Aria 2005
Mazda Demio 2004/5

I would really appreciate your guidance. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, da_semicolon said:

Hey all,

It's 2019 and most of the topics related are a bit old and I want a fresh opinion on what to do. I will make this simple as possible. I have a budget of 2.2 million and I'm trying to buy a car for daily use. I'm not really concerned that much about the fuel consumption as long as it's above 10km/l in city traffic. Since safety is also important to me I have decided to stay away from all Indian cars.

The most bugging decision for me regarding is whether to buy an 10 year old car or a relatively new Micro Panda Cross 2017/18. The old car options I have are;
Nissan March k12
Viva Elite 2013
Honda Fit Aria 2005
Mazda Demio 2004/5

I would really appreciate your guidance. Thanks in advance.

Viva Elite is a good choice - quite compact but fun to drive car hence their popularity as reliable little city runners. The Demio is the other good option - given you find a well maintained specimen. 

The K12 is a bland but tough car that can take a bit of abuse but you will not get 10 KMPL as it's quite thirsty. 

Other options - Honda Fit GD1 (~2007)  will give you 10KMPL if fuel economy is not that important you can get a 2004/2005 Suzuki Swift (Ignis)/Chevy Cruze (same car) rugged cars that keep on running they can be bought for below your budget but most of them are hacked now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, matroska said:

Viva Elite is a good choice - quite compact but fun to drive car hence their popularity as reliable little city runners. The Demio is the other good option - given you find a well maintained specimen. 

The K12 is a bland but tough car that can take a bit of abuse but you will not get 10 KMPL as it's quite thirsty. 

Other options - Honda Fit GD1 (~2007)  will give you 10KMPL if fuel economy is not that important you can get a 2004/2005 Suzuki Swift (Ignis)/Chevy Cruze (same car) rugged cars that keep on running they can be bought for below your budget but most of them are hacked now 

Thank you for all the suggestions! Thank you for pointing me towards the Chevy. I first thought I might not be able to find parts for it but given that you said it's as same as the Ignis I think parts will be plenty. The challeng is finding one that is not hacked.

I know you are avoiding indian cars, but there's an exception: 

The 2008 Swift (beetle). The one you MUST go for is the ZXi trim (anyone with the desire to live should avoid the VXi trim, that doesnt even have a rear defroster)

The ZXi has dual airbags, ABS/EBD brakes, seatbelt pre-tensioners & good handling to avoid messy situations. I recommend it cause I'm using one right now. Watch out for rust and previous owner's maintenance records. The G13 engine is solid, fuel economy is good (13-15kmpl) & parts are cheap!

Only problem is its available only in manual & expect some door panel rattles when you go over bumpy roads (#IndianBuildQuality). Other than that, it's a nice car and there are examples for a bit less than 2 million. 

Every other indian car as of now is rather crap (and a deathtrap)

Also why not a Honda Fit GD1? (2003-2007 Registered ones fit your budget)

Its fun, solid, practical & economical too! 

Viva is also a good choice, pretty reliable & has agent support but fuel economy is not best in class (but it meets your expected economy)

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

I know you are avoiding indian cars, but there's an exception: 

The 2008 Swift (beetle). The one you MUST go for is the ZXi trim (anyone with the desire to live should avoid the VXi trim, that doesnt even have a rear defroster)

The ZXi has dual airbags, ABS/EBD brakes, seatbelt pre-tensioners & good handling to avoid messy situations. I recommend it cause I'm using one right now. Watch out for rust and previous owner's maintenance records. The G13 engine is solid, fuel economy is good (13-15kmpl) & parts are cheap!

Only problem is its available only in manual & expect some door panel rattles when you go over bumpy roads (#IndianBuildQuality). Other than that, it's a nice car and there are examples for a bit less than 2 million. 

Every other indian car as of now is rather crap (and a deathtrap)

Also why not a Honda Fit GD1? (2003-2007 Registered ones fit your budget)

Its fun, solid, practical & economical too! 

Viva is also a good choice, pretty reliable & has agent support but fuel economy is not best in class (but it meets your expected economy)

Couldn't find any Good Honda fit GD1s unfortunately. The ones I checked seems pretty sketchy. Thank you for your valuable feedback based on your own experience. Priceless ❤️