• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Guys what's the actual fuel consumption of 2016 vitz 1000cc colombo and outstation???

Shehankay

I used Toyota Vitz 2007 1000cc from 2010 Sep to 2014 Dec (as the first owner and usage was 72,000 km during that period). Every things were recorded.

Usage pattern

- distance from accommodation to office - 12 km. (Colombo city but I report to duty 7:00 am so no traffic in the morning. Heavy traffic in the afternoon) 

- Travelling Colombo to Matara using Southern express way at-least once a month.

- Others are general Colombo city and outside usage

Fuel Record km/l (most of the time I do Full Tank. Calculation is based on Full tank to Full Tank)

-Recorded minimum = 9.13 km/l

-Recorded Maximum = 18.91 km/l (this was during night driving from Colombo to Matara by normal root) 

-Average for total use (72,000 km)  = 12.00 km/l

** The data is perfectly correct as I recorded all the fuel pumped as a hobby.

*** Assume Vitz 2016 1000 cc will do at-least 1 km/l more with new features. 

Edited by gayanath
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GayanR said:

Do not buy vitz.When raize comes market will take a massive hit.

It would not be wise to think so,

you are comparing a 3.5 to 4.5 mil hatchback to a 5.5 to 6.5 mil compact suv

Forget the difference in spec and basic vehicle type,  even price bracket wise they are miles apart, 1 million is a deciding factor, in this price range.

cater different categories in the market 

And there are rumours this new uprising suv has been eyed for the luxury tax, as the higher trim levels have good amount of kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

My car is a Vitz 2014 KSP -130 model with the 1.0L engine, For the past 2 weeks I am experiencing a high consumption of fuel (92) roughly does about 6-7 kmpl (driving in minimal traffic). All the regular maintenance have been done on time. There is no engine vibration. I am not a heavy footed driver.

Highway fuel figures does about 17-18 kmpl (perfectly ok)

The present ODO is 71,000 km, changed ATF in 45,000 km & no tune up done since i bought the car. 

The mileage is genuine since i personally got it from the auction with all auction sheets & Jaai Certificates.

Please give me your valuable inputs & thoughts as to what could be the issue & where i could take it to except the agents.

Thank you

Spark plugs should have been changed at 40K km I believe (if not iridium)

Check air filter when did you last change it.

Any change in pulling power.

May be its time for a tune up 6-7 kmpl even in crawling traffic is high for a Vitz

1 hour ago, kush said:

Spark plugs should have been changed at 40K km I believe (if not iridium)

Check air filter when did you last change it.

Any change in pulling power.

May be its time for a tune up 6-7 kmpl even in crawling traffic is high for a Vitz

Air filter was replaced in the last service,

Spark plugs were never replaced or checked,

There is a small delay in the beginning of accelaration, but once picked up speed around 60kmph it runs well.

Should i also need a tune up, throttle body cleaning with a spark plug replacement.

Please advice me

Your inputs are very much appreciated

5 hours ago, thou1584 said:

Hi 

My car is a Vitz 2014 KSP -130 model with the 1.0L engine, For the past 2 weeks I am experiencing a high consumption of fuel (92) roughly does about 6-7 kmpl (driving in minimal traffic). All the regular maintenance have been done on time. There is no engine vibration. I am not a heavy footed driver.

Highway fuel figures does about 17-18 kmpl (perfectly ok)

The present ODO is 71,000 km, changed ATF in 45,000 km & no tune up done since i bought the car. 

The mileage is genuine since i personally got it from the auction with all auction sheets & Jaai Certificates.

Please give me your valuable inputs & thoughts as to what could be the issue & where i could take it to except the agents.

Thank you

Environment temperature also a matter for fuel efficiency (ultimately the AC load). So suggest to measure it with Full tank to Full Tank (then it will cover several days and day times) if no other symptoms than high fuel consumption. 

spark plugs replacement is only recommended at 150,000km - 200,000km by the manufacturer.

You could start with the basics, check if there are any warning lights indicating problems/ malfunctions with the engine/ transmission etc.

It could even be an external factor such as low-quality fuel as the issue came up suddenly. try changing the shed you normally pump.

to make sure everything is ok with the system, you could perform a so-called "Tune-Up" that includes cleaning the sensors/ throttle etc. and check with an OBD scanner that the readings are showing in a sensible way without indicating any problems even though there are no trouble codes shown in the dashboard.

20 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

spark plugs replacement is only recommended at 150,000km - 200,000km by the manufacturer.

You could start with the basics, check if there are any warning lights indicating problems/ malfunctions with the engine/ transmission etc.

It could even be an external factor such as low-quality fuel as the issue came up suddenly. try changing the shed you normally pump.

to make sure everything is ok with the system, you could perform a so-called "Tune-Up" that includes cleaning the sensors/ throttle etc. and check with an OBD scanner that the readings are showing in a sensible way without indicating any problems even though there are no trouble codes shown in the dashboard.

Not really...it depends on the type of plug used....I believe the Vitz does not come with Iridium plugs out of the factory...and in any case it is a Inspect and replace if needed item at anything from 50K - 75K service intervals even for Iridium plugs.

20 minutes ago, iRage said:

Not really...it depends on the type of plug used....I believe the Vitz does not come with Iridium plugs out of the factory...and in any case it is a Inspect and replace if needed item at anything from 50K - 75K service intervals even for Iridium plugs.

This is the bonnet sticker in the Vitz and its translation from the Jap to Eng which says "Iridium plugs installed no inspection required". of course I solely depend on the accuracy of the Google translator so correct me if this is wrong!

1438813587_bonnetsticker.jpg.ece66d03c9c226676c9c6e9235618de2.jpg

1054865071_bonnetstickertransla.thumb.jpeg.2f5995c21f6f7b96b627894d6ba718a8.jpeg

Edited by ghostwriter

1 hour ago, iRage said:

The 2016 vitz I owned had iridium plugs, verified with toyota lanka as well, and I recall posting pics of them on the forum

Whatever intervals given on the stick is complete jargon when considering the conditions we drive in. 

3 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

This is the bonnet sticker in the Vitz and its translation from the Jap to Eng which says "Iridium plugs installed no inspection required". of course I solely depend on the accuracy of the Google translator so correct me if this is wrong!

1438813587_bonnetsticker.jpg.ece66d03c9c226676c9c6e9235618de2.jpg

1054865071_bonnetstickertransla.thumb.jpeg.2f5995c21f6f7b96b627894d6ba718a8.jpeg

See..this is what is funny and is contradictory about these stickers. The stickers indicate recommended intervals where at these intervals and the car being used under normal conditions, the car will perform up to its minimum indicated specifications. However, in Japan it is also complemented with requirements of (mandatory) shaken and (optional) annual inspections. During the annual inspection or shaken inspection things get swapped out :). I know for a fact that the coolant is not left for 7 years :) in new cars. It can get swapped out at the first shaken inspection and then every other shaken inspection..so we are looking at about coolant replacement at 3 to 4 years :)  In fact what is stated within brackets <> is the change interval for severe condition/high usage vehicles <so pretty much every car is considered a severe usage vehicle....even if the car is left parked with just being run for 4 or 5 km a day is considered severe usage :). As for the plugs and even components like gearboxes would say servicing not required but they still do get checked at 50 - 75 inspections and swapped if needed as indicated in workshop manuals/service instructions(directives). Just like transmission fluid and filters (where in quite a few types it says servicing not required but it still does get done)

In SL normal thumb rule is divide by 2 and do the servicing

Oil / Oil filter 7.5K

Air cleaner 20-25K max (more frequent if soiled) due to our dusty conditions they will not last long, sometimes i have even changed them in 10K

Coolant  can go up to about 5 years 100K as the anti freeze property is not a big concern

They have missed the brake oil change every 2 years, 40K km most important and ignored in SL, high humidity in SL has significant effect on the quality and performance of brake fluid.