• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan X trail Hybrid

chathuu

Hi guys, im interested in buying used Nissan X trail 2015 to a cost around 5 - 5.5mio. It seems like a good price but everyone mentioned there is a gear box issue on this vehicle. No one has an idea about the actual issue but just saying.

On the other hand, few told me that the gearbox issue comes only in 4wd version and nothing to worry about 2wd version.

So I'm asking, what is this issue, is this true on 2wd version, any other common issus in this vehicle and should I avoid buying this.

Tnx.

download.jpeg

Edited by chathuu

if you watch you tube video this car is in the list of do not buy list a friend of mine has it and it had the gear box issue and ABS malfunction and ac did not function the list goes on the list goes on.

this car is Renault+Nissan thing so its a hybrid

if you watch scotty klimber video you will learn a lot

• Thanks 1

OK i will agree with one point. The prices have now hit rock bottom, where some owners are willing to let go of their specimens after taking a hit of almost 5mn just within 3+ years. So, if you are looking at an SUV which is comfortable , decent drive this vehicle is good. Its' silent, spacious, got a good combination of creature comforts at that price point. But mind you, with that useless CVT , acceleration is sometimes a joke , where even trishaws overtake you. But once you get in to higher gears , it pulls. Anyway you should know that the car is underpowered to that body even with the electric assist. 

Your problems will be with the gearbox , where one fine day she will stop running or start giving you a vry bad sound. I have spoken to a few parties who claim to repair the EV motor and solenoid with a repair kit (below 200K now, but limited mileage warranty), but pls keep in mind Nissan doesnt recommend this. Nissan has actually introduced a replacement gearbox with the code 3SZ, which i think the agent still quotes 1mn + to replace for grey imports. If you can source a 3sZ from 3rd party from Japan, way to go. 

Also, there will be a problem in the brake pump. But nothing you cant fix below a 100k. 

They talk about an inverter problem i am yet to see it. 

You buy it at 5mn , even add 1/2 mn on the repairs , you might have a decent relatively newer ride. But you should know that the hybrid battery situation will anyway hit you like a train. The rate Xtrail is going , am sure battery replacement wont be cheap either. 

Also, you will be struck with a car you cannot sell fast, even car sales guys will shun from you,

BUt, i prsonally know 4 Xtrail hybrids used by my friends , one is maintained decently with 15K interval transmission oil changes , frequent scanning at A*W with periodic maintenance , and decent driving on road. Others , one had a gear box repair ( 200K) and thee other with a brakepump repair (< 100k). All these cars still are the daily riders 

So, your call - i wouldnt exactly call it a lemon, but it anyways isnt an orange to run behind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1