• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer GL 1993 CB8A Gearbox Upgrade

Vikum Samarasinghe

Question

Hello everyone. I have a mitsubishi lancer 1993 body type CB8A and engine 4D68. I have recently done an engine tuneup and performance tuneup. My vehicle has manual 5 speed transmission and i need any advice from you all about upgrading manual transmission to automatic transmission. Which automatic gearbox suits my engine ? My vehicles 4D68 Engine is non turbo diesel one. Later came a model in 1994 which had 4D68 Turbo engine with automatic transmission. Any advice would be helpful.

20191031_150420.jpg

Edited by Vikum Samarasinghe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vikum Samarasinghe said:

Regarding your side skirts and lip for the original CB8, I was actually hoping for those and a spoiler. But it's pretty hard to find those came for the original design. Do you know a better place to look and what about the spoiler, does that also affect the solid look ? Give me your ideas.

Oh my little padawan !Part of the joy of resurrecting beauties like this is the hunt for the parts. Do not be afraid to explore off-shore as well :)

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vikum Samarasinghe said:

@Devinda_Z Thank you for the information and i will look forward to it. When you mention D*MO, can i know a little more about their services including their service stations, where do they available, how about the quality of their parts ?

Hmm. Yes, you have a point of not adding the body kit and i highly consider it. Thank you.

@Vikum Samarasinghe is one of the biggest, oldest and most reputed automobile related companies in the country!

They have the agency for Mercedes Benz, Jeep, Chrysler, Tata, Bosch, Michelin, BF Goodrich, Kumho, Osram, Blaupunkt..... the list is long!

https://www.dimolanka.com/vehicle-repairs/

Their expertise when it comes to diesel related repairs (pumps, engine overhauls, injector pressurising etc etc) is entwined in their very name "Diesel & Motor Engineering PLC"

https://www.dimolanka.com/vehicle-repairs/engine-care/

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:05 PM, Devinda_Z said:

@Vikum Samarasinghe is one of the biggest, oldest and most reputed automobile related companies in the country!

They have the agency for Mercedes Benz, Jeep, Chrysler, Tata, Bosch, Michelin, BF Goodrich, Kumho, Osram, Blaupunkt..... the list is long!

https://www.dimolanka.com/vehicle-repairs/

Their expertise when it comes to diesel related repairs (pumps, engine overhauls, injector pressurising etc etc) is entwined in their very name "Diesel & Motor Engineering PLC"

https://www.dimolanka.com/vehicle-repairs/engine-care/

@Devinda_Z Thanks a lot mate. I will check it.

Anyway guys do you have an idea about a place to find 4D68 Engine Parts these days ? They aren't available in agents. So very hard to find. I need to find the lower Housing parts of my 4D68 Engine where the Oil Pump is fitted since it has been damaged badly due to an water leak of the water pump. Any help would be greatly helpful.

@iRage , @Devinda_Z , @tiv , @Twin Turbo

Edited by Vikum Samarasinghe

Anyway guys do you have an idea about a place to find 4D68 Engine Parts these days ? They aren't available in agents. So very hard to find. I need to find the lower Housing parts of my 4D68 Engine where the Oil Pump is fitted since it has been damaged badly due to an water leak of the water pump. Any help would be greatly helpful.

I used to buy parts from the small UniMo shop opposite AC Paul in Panchikawatte towards Armour Street @Vikum Samarasinghe between 2005-2014 so I don't know of any other places personally :(

• Thanks 1

Try Mahinda, guy specializes in Mitsubishi spare parts

071 476 2223

• Thanks 1