• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitara vs MG

Ultimo

I would go withthe Vitara purely on reputation. The new one as ong as it doesn't have under sized engine will be pretty decent. It is a no frills-practical little thing..feels dated...but I do believe it will last you much longer and hold together better than the MG. 

1 hour ago, iRage said:

I would go withthe Vitara purely on reputation. The new one as ong as it doesn't have under sized engine will be pretty decent. It is a no frills-practical little thing..feels dated...but I do believe it will last you much longer and hold together better than the MG. 

Thanks bro

1 hour ago, Nishan.dj said:

Go for vitara indeed. But you are mistaken with the word "SUV" since you cant do much offroading with any of those. 

The Vitara is not a show pony, it kinda does what the word SUV stands for, Unlike the vezel and mg etc, it’s the best in competition for off reading, forget locally.

proven all over the world

and it is an SUV, not a Van like the Rush and the Xpander, it has the off road gear within parameters

More or less can navigate difficult terrain when necessary, not to mud bogging for sport

It’s not an destined off roader or a hard core 4x4, ie Hilux etc

would be unwise to compare with a 4Dr5 , BJ40, Defender

those were dinosaurs of the past for different applications, 

contemporary superiors would be the Montero, or the Prado or the LC 200, 

35 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

Ha ha indeed. But poor ppl like me want only the SUV like look. :)  Never think abt offroading. Thank you.

If you want the looks , do note the MG is 10mil or more cheaper than a Vitara, 

MG having the Chinese name tag will take a toll on resale and we don’t know  how it will last

numbers of Vitara sales are going up as well, buying an SUV for the look ain’t a very smart decision given the fact that running costs and parts are more and you ll be compromising on comfort and performance as well. A bigger sedan will also have equal road presence,. Better fuel economy 

Edited by tiv

9 minutes ago, tiv said:

numbers of Vitara sales are going up as well, buying an SUV for the look ain’t a very smart decision given the fact that running costs and parts are more and you ll be compromising on comfort and performance as well. A bigger sedan will also have equal road presence,. Better fuel economy 

Thanks. All the facts you have mentioned is very correct. But personally I love SUV. Dont know why :)

3 hours ago, Ultimo said:

But personally I love SUV. Dont know why :)

Well the heart wants what the heart wants ?.

I'd personally go for the vitara, it's a proven vehicle with good value for money. 

Without even thinking further, go for the Vitara. It’s one of the “more car for what you pay” type deal, because the taxation is low, you’ll pay more for the car, which gives you a better car.

39 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Without even thinking further, go for the Vitara. It’s one of the “more car for what you pay” type deal, because the taxation is low, you’ll pay more for the car, which gives you a better car.

True that. Thanks bro :D

1.2 million is a reasonable gap. Most people who enter the entry level suv or small to midsize (asian context) suv are reaching out from a lower segment of automobile or from a sedan, and are new to the market, also trend crawlers, thereby try to get the most bang for the buck and also fall prey to marketing ploys 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ultimo said:

I wonder why there are so many MGs on the road but very few vitaras though the price gap isnt that much ?

Also the MG has been here since early to mid 2018 whereas though the current layout of the vitara is since 2014, the facelift was launched end 2018 with the 1000cc engine, allowing imports to our island. I think the earliest I saw a vitara here was april, so will take time to pick up.

This may vary with the taxation pattern as they mention SUVs will be taxed 

Also do note the older generations of vitara just got by in the market but never had the walk in walk out craze that the vezel and earlier rav4s had. More of set clientele and clueless docs on permit thing.

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1