• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Enlistment requirements for Armed forces

ajm

Hey Experts,

Does anyone know some professional who has switched from private sector career to the armed forces (+ Police).

What are the age limits, recruiting rank of University graudates such as Engineers,Doctors for example?

Do the other requirements ( Medical, Height) similar to cadets also apply?

Edited by ajm

On 10/29/2019 at 7:08 AM, vag2 said:

medical undergraduates join as Lieutenants to the Army, but not sure about age limi or other professionals..

yes after leaving university.

What about  older professionals who have been working already for a while?

• 1 month later...

I think the rank they get depends on the work experience they had. I had a co worker in my previous organization (an NGO) with a nutrition degree who joined Army as a captain. Should be more or less same for other professions. But as per my knowledge, some professions such as technicians, nurses can only join to other ranks. 

Medical students (and other graduates) from KDU pass out as Second Lieutenants which they get promoted to Lieutenant soon after graduation ceremony. They get the captain rank only after receiving SLMC registration which usually take 6-12 months upon completion of the internship.