• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Coolant Leak in Filter Location Toyota 141

dhanushkahw

Question

Hi  Guys

I don't have much knowledge on Car mechanics. Need some Help. I bought a corolla 141 4  weeks back. Before buy I checked it with car checking . So there was a issue identified that coolant is leaking in radiator pressure cap location and recommended to replace the plastic part which is fixed with the radiator. So I repaired it with previous owner(is a very trust-able friend of mine) by replacing it. So then I bought the car. Then I took the car to the Toyota Service for a full service. Before taking to toyota I checked the coolant level in the tank and it was in the lowest level.( I did not checked the coolant level after it was repaired when I took it from the previous owner.. Because I didn't know that). So after service by Toyota they have filled the coolant to the max level. Service report included that there is a leak in the same location.What I need to know is that is there actual leak to be rectified ?

Because there was no level drop after 1 week from the service, Coolant level was same..  :( . So I am thinking should I actually repair it ? or not ? Guys what do you think 

Edited by dhanushkahw

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, dhanushkahw said:

Hi  Guys

I don't have much knowledge on Car mechanics. Need some Help. I bought a corolla 141 4  weeks back. Before buy I checked it with car checking . So there was a issue identified that coolant is leaking in radiator pressure cap location and recommended to replace the plastic part which is fixed with the radiator. So I repaired it with previous owner(is a very trust-able friend of mine) by replacing it. So then I bought the car. Then I took the car to the Toyota Service for a full service. Before taking to toyota I checked the coolant level in the tank and it was in the lowest level.( I did not checked the coolant level after it was repaired when I took it from the previous owner.. Because I didn't know that). So after service by Toyota they have filled the coolant to the max level. Service report included that there is a leak in the same location.What I need to know is that is there actual leak to be rectified ?

Because there was no level drop after 1 week from the service, Coolant level was same..  :( . So I am thinking should I actually repair it ? or not ? Guys what do you think 

My advice drive the car and check your coolant level daily and keep track on it. If its loosing coolant you will identify it since you will see coolant marks. However, as per your explanation you have (previous owner) replaced the top radiator tank which fixed the issue. At times its also advised to change the radiator cap along with it (with the correct pressure cap). 

There is another tank located in the bottom of the radiator, if you are coolant level is reducing, start the car and check for leaks in radiator cap, coolant hoses and bottom tank. If there is any leak it should be quite easy to identify due to coolant colour. Keep us posted on the findings.

Make sure to check coolant daily to avoid any bigger repairs and happy motoring!! :) 

On 10/28/2019 at 6:25 PM, PerfMad said:

My advice drive the car and check your coolant level daily and keep track on it. If its loosing coolant you will identify it since you will see coolant marks. However, as per your explanation you have (previous owner) replaced the top radiator tank which fixed the issue. At times its also advised to change the radiator cap along with it (with the correct pressure cap). 

There is another tank located in the bottom of the radiator, if you are coolant level is reducing, start the car and check for leaks in radiator cap, coolant hoses and bottom tank. If there is any leak it should be quite easy to identify due to coolant colour. Keep us posted on the findings.

Make sure to check coolant daily to avoid any bigger repairs and happy motoring!! :) 

I checked the coolant level today after a trip. It is in the lowest level again . I think there is a leak. 
please let me know a repair location near Matara today(Sunday)

rough calculation how much it will cost 

4 hours ago, dhanushkahw said:

I checked the coolant level today after a trip. It is in the lowest level again . I think there is a leak. 
please let me know a repair location near Matara today(Sunday)

rough calculation how much it will cost 

I have no idea about repair location around Matara. But do you see visible leak in radiator or related hose? If the radiator is leaking then any 'radiator house' shop can do the fixing. Better do a proper pressure test and then fix the leak. First try to identify the leak

On 11/3/2019 at 12:42 PM, PerfMad said:
On 11/3/2019 at 12:42 PM, PerfMad said:

I have no idea about repair location around Matara. But do you see visible leak in radiator or related hose? If the radiator is leaking then any 'radiator house' shop can do the fixing. Better do a proper pressure test and then fix the leak. First try to identify the leak

Thanks for the help . Found the leak today near the radiator cap. Today I fixed it by replacing it. Just costed 3000 lkr

1 hour ago, dhanushkahw said:

The technician called it as the Radiator cap. It was plastic piece and costed around 1800 lkr. It was replaced . Now the issue is ok. 

If its just the radiator cap which was faulty i think the price is bit higher. I replaced mine but costed me only 750 LKR. Anyways, glad you were able to resolve your issue. Happy motoring :) 

• Like 1