• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident Repair - Honda Civic 2018

Klord

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:56 AM, tharange said:

@Klord This car has all the techs to avoid front collision. wonder why it got crashed ?

My Car has a specially designed collision detection and avoidance system specifically for 3W and 2W called W.I.F.E

As soon as it detects a 3W or 2W close by an alarm is sounded "Onna 3W ekak/Onna motorcycle ekak " So far it has worked wonders :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Quiet said:

My Car has a specially designed collision detection and avoidance system specifically for 3W and 2W called W.I.F.E

As soon as it detects a 3W or 2W close by an alarm is sounded "Onna 3W ekak/Onna motorcycle ekak " So far it has worked wonders :rolleyes:

Well the problem is, in my case that detection system was driving. I was in the passenger seat dozing  off due to hangover. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quiet said:

Oh yes - indeed does work wonders! Best collision detection system available. 

13 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

"hondha welawata nekathata waahane paarata dhamme, naththan apey passen enne bike ekak nemey tipper ekak!"

Well that's one way of looking at it - that's an astrologer with a very positive outlook...  ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Woman-driver vs Collision avoidance system?

That ain't no fair fight, that'd be like tryin' to cork a volcano with a coco-nut.

Since they can override them they turn them off. 1st thing for my wife to turn off LDW,  FCM & LTA off before set the seat belt, her excuse is she doesn't like the warning sounds.

So far she is a good driver so (not a single scratch for the last 15 years of her driving history) so I have stopped arguing as my history is not that good.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, matroska said:

Well that's one way of looking at it - that's an astrologer with a very positive outlook...  ?‍♂️

IKR? And he managed to utter that with a completely straight face!

Astrologer be like:

4XkrAXw.jpg

Me be like:

45Jh5rs.jpg

New owner be like:

tcDmm9J.jpg

Biker guy be like:

vMieNyL.jpg 

• Haha 5

• 5 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 1:54 PM, Klord said:

So, I got her back. Overall, the repair seem to be okey. 

1.thumb.jpeg.b4b196fb7ccb2bf26f719d681edb4e17.jpeg

But, if you look close enough, there are lots of imperfections. 

1 - Bonnet painting has sprayed paint on rubber beading of the windshield. This is the top beading near the moon-roof. 

2.thumb.jpeg.2c5fba5e2bf97b59fcaffad471516893.jpeg

2 - There are visible paint droplets in the place where the buffer connects with the body of the car. You will have to zoom and check to identify. 

3.thumb.jpeg.ccc00171830ac26ef5507285014da581.jpeg

3 - Paint has spread to the alloy-wheels as well. They can be removed of course, but considering the sum they got paid, they could have cleaned that as well. 

4.thumb.jpeg.709b1ffb9f7d9d4c51e6d633e618e290.jpeg

4 - Windshield has tiny scratches. They are not visible all the time, but can see clearly when sunlight (light) is high. It looks like they have used sandpapers to remove the paint from the windshield. 

>> Overall impression - I am not satisfied! -_-

>> Do I recommend VT*C for someone - Depends !

I would like to know your feedback regarding this. This is the first car I owned myself. And this is the first repair I did on a car on my own. Is this what we can expect from an accident repair? Cant we fully restore a car back to her oldself in Sri Lanka? 

On 11/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, Klord said:

Alright guys, I am now tempted to confront VT*C again and see what can be done. 

Here is their bill,

1059607073_WhatsAppImage2019-11-19at12_38_52.thumb.jpeg.3536b98e49b8a64a3cda93be8e6914f9.jpeg

Can someone shed some light regarding the cost breakdown? 

5 biggest expenses are for,

1. Front buffer - 100k
  2. Head lamp - 115k
  3. Shell - 80k 
  4. Bonnet - 105k 
  5. Nose cut panel - 110k

Is this possible? I feel like thats way too much. 

Gosh this is an enormous amount of bullshit for a small repair, 600k? Gosh you could have bought a speedbike

And the sub par work they've done, invain you could have taken this straight to the owner, actually who is a friend of a friend.

I'm staying clear, my Bush mechanic seems to be divine compared to all this.

On 6/17/2020 at 4:04 PM, tiv said:

Gosh this is an enormous amount of bullshit for a small repair, 600k? Gosh you could have bought a speedbike

And the sub par work they've done, invain you could have taken this straight to the owner, actually who is a friend of a friend.

I'm staying clear, my Bush mechanic seems to be divine compared to all this.

Well the insurance covered the full cost, so I was not tempting to keep bothering them to fix all the minor issues. I went to them couple of times to get the bonnet and bumper aligned properly. It is now much better than what is shown in these images, but not perfect to satisfy my mild OCD. I was worried that constant removing and refitting of the front bumper would cause the fittings to get loosen, so eventually I gave up. 

However I am  very satisfied with the way they dealt with me. They are very friendly and accommodating to all my suggestions and niggles. I just wish they did the job properly to compliment that attitude. 

• 1 year later...

Do NOT go to VTEC Motors or MagCity for any sort of body repair work. Those guys are absolutely careless people. They do not bother about the quality of the work they do. Just finish it off the job somehow in a terrible manner and handover quickly. So only the people who care about vehicles & pay attention to smaller details only knows how bad is their work. I don't have any personal matters with them, but the truth is quality of their work is terrible. Disappointed :( I never recommend them to anyone else. #vtecmotors #magcity @Quiet

Edited by Kevin647

• 9 months later...

What’s with the civic Fk7 prices being so high? I recently had the chance to Bid on a Salvage 2017 Civic SE at SL*C insurance and I saw this discussion after 5 days in on placing the bid..I placed a bid for 4.5 million but a guy beat me to it with 5.2 million.2 Weeks later I get a call saying the bugger who won the car didn’t want it and asked if I wanted it since I came in 2nd place.After researching my expectations were beyond when I found out it would cost around 1.5-2 million just for the front bumper,hood and fenders.I bidded on it since it was in better condition when being compared to the other cars but obviously had some mechanical damages.Becase of the costs itself I turned down the offer and offered to bid next time instead.

706DF196-1080-46CF-A60A-AAA0313193A1.thumb.jpeg.ef33fa184702c91aa084f38f60d336c8.jpeg

Edited by Boseth Minidu

The 10th gen honda is like an insta “influencer+ model” 

Many fanboys.mostly teenage virgins from the gama. Changes hands every so often. Well driven and abused good.

@matroska and I had the same conversation in another thread. Civic is the new “goda gihin pennawa” car. 

anyway why would you even bid on an accident car? I would have run tf away.

plus how many cars you buying bro? lol

What job you doing to buy LC200 and civic FK in lanka bro? I’ll come in the next flight available 😜

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, fiat fan said:

Many fanboys.mostly teenage virgins from the gama. Changes hands every so often. Well driven and abused good.

@matroska and I had the same conversation in another thread. Civic is the new “goda gihin pennawa” car. 

anyway why would you even bid on an accident car? I would have run tf away.

plus how many cars you buying bro? lol

What job you doing to buy LC200 and civic FK in lanka bro? I’ll come in the next flight available 😜

Haha I see.

I buy and restore salvage auction cars as a part time hobby/side-hustle bro.I do it every once in a while,bidded on some other cars like an Axio,Belta and L200 but didn’t won any unfortunately haha,just got the opportunity to get the Civic for the winning bidders price but I backed off when I saw the surprisingly high prices.I expected the cost to be like 1.5-2 million to fix everything,but was surprised when I found out it’ll cost the same just for the cosmetic repairs itself.This was my first time bidding on a civic apparently,I usually bidded on Axio’s,Corolla’s,etc..

And the LC200 is just for the daily haha,was planning on getting a trailer on it too so I can tow the salvage cars home myself with just bearing the additional cost for the fuel itself,was trying to buy one for since 2020 but the prices went sky high,so waiting a bit till the prices come back down,or till interest rates come down.The salvage restorations may come to an end too  because I’ve just been fiddling around with the money I’ve saved up for the LC200,been doing it to collect some extra cash as well incase vehicle prices may not come down anytime soon as well.

P.S,not some guy showing off or so,just a curious car enthusiast.Been reading these forums but replied after a long while.

Edited by Boseth Minidu

15 hours ago, Boseth Minidu said:

What’s with the civic Fk7 prices being so high?

You mean the cost of spares or the price of the car? Spares are rather expensive but are available. The model is fairly common so as with any other 'common' car in Sri Lanka there is 'demand' so prices that went up post 2020 have come down but still are relatively high. 

53 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

• It's an essential part of the "Jeewithaya Jayagath Millenial" starter pack.
  • The FK Civic is in sync with such indicators of success such as Tattooed Gym Arms, Long Beards, Slim-fit t-shirts, shades, fossil watches, iPhone 13,JBL's and Chicks with straightened hair with a few tinted strands called Sandamali but going on insta as 'itsMeSandz' 
  • It appears along side defenders in the many 'inspirational quotes' on Social media 'Amme mama jeewithaya dinna' 'Kawadahari mahansi weyan' 'Issaraha peliye aya board eka dakiddi pitipasse peliya sir ge kalisama dakka' stuff like that. 
  • It's the go to car for Sinhala rap music videos. 
  • The annual meetups for the particular model are graced by celebrities (read chicks who appear in music videos) 
  • Wena mona kathada fiat  bro - oyath oya  Perodua eka wikunala ganna civic ekak bro. 

Edited by matroska
forgot the iphone13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, matroska said:

You mean the cost of spares or the price of the car? Spares are rather expensive but are available. The model is fairly common so as with any other 'common' car in Sri Lanka there is 'demand' so prices that went up post 2020 have come down but still are relatively high. 

Yep,the cost of the spares.Thanks for letting me know about it @matroska

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 11:10 AM, matroska said:

• The FK Civic is in sync with such indicators of success such as Tattooed Gym Arms, Long Beards, Slim-fit t-shirts, shades, fossil watches, iPhone 13,JBL's and Chicks with straightened hair with a few tinted strands called Sandamali but going on insta as 'itsMeSandz' 
  • It appears along side defenders in the many 'inspirational quotes' on Social media 'Amme mama jeewithaya dinna' 'Kawadahari mahansi weyan' 'Issaraha peliye aya board eka dakiddi pitipasse peliya sir ge kalisama dakka' stuff like that. 
  • The annual meetups for the particular model are graced by celebrities (read chicks who appear in music videos) 
  • Wena mona kathada fiat  bro - oyath oya  Perodua eka wikunala ganna civic ekak bro. 

Patta 😀

On 3/27/2023 at 10:40 PM, matroska said:

No no bro. It has to be a iphone 14 pro max in purple. And you must buy it at apple asia,so they post a pic of you on fb. Iphone 13 means your poor and that you never heard of binance.lol

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 7:50 AM, fiat fan said:

No no bro. It has to be a iphone 14 pro max in purple. And you must buy it at apple asia,so they post a pic of you on fb. Iphone 13 means your poor and that you never heard of binance.lol

Adoh! Me with a iPhone XR.. what is the level?.. Bankoloth perhaps.. 😁

• Haha 2

On 4/3/2023 at 7:50 AM, fiat fan said:

Not quite on board with the iPhone trends :D I'm an android guy- using an iPhone simply because it was given to me by my employer. 

On 4/4/2023 at 3:45 PM, Ruslan said:

Haha same goes for me with my Note 9 from 5 years ago :D 

• Sad 1

On 4/5/2023 at 9:03 PM, matroska said:

Not quite on board with the iPhone trends :D I'm an android guy- using an iPhone simply because it was given to me by my employer. 

Haha same goes for me with my Note 9 from 5 years ago :D 

On 4/4/2023 at 3:15 AM, Ruslan said:

Samajen kon wela noh u both?  Even the tiktok boys run away when they see them old relics 🤪

• Sad 1