• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Scam Seller on Popular Free Classifieds Site

Lahiru Sachintha

අලුත් recondition වාහනයක් ගන්නවානම් ‘’Best Change Lanka (Pvt) Ltd ’’ එකෙන් ගන්න කලින් හොදට check කරන්න. මොකද accident වෙච්ච වාහන, accident free කියලා fake documents හදලා විකුනනවා. මේ කොළ පාට Toyota passo Moda G 2019 car එක accident වෙලා චැසියත් repair කරලා. මම ගන්න කලින්  Toyota Inspection දාපු නිසා බේරුනා. Inspection report, reservation payment invoice බලන්නකෝ attach කරලා තියෙනවා පොස්ට් එකට. 

වාහන අලෙවිකරු - O**** T**********

Quick site seller Name - Bc Lanka (Pvt) Ltd.

Location - Delkanda

…………………………………………………………………………………………………...

If you are purchasing a new reconditioned vehicle, please avoid the following car sale (refer attached images) and this guy named as O****. The car sale name is ‘’Best Change Lanka (Pvt) Ltd ’’. This sale is a home based one near Delkanda. 

The vehicle that I inspected was a Toyota passo Moda G 2019 ( Refer attached images). According to the fake documents that this guy shows you and advertise, auction grade of this vehicle is 5 and it has JAAI certification also. And the documents says its accident free.

In the inspection, Toyota team found out that this car has caught up with a major accident and then has been repaired ( vehicle inspection report is also attached herewith).

Before my reservation, Omith agreed to refund the full amount (payment invoice is attached also), but he only refunded a partial amount of my reservation fee. 

Final advice - please check well and buy, and avoid these dealers. 

Special thanks to Toyota Lanka for saving me from this tragedy.        

IMG_20191010_105302.jpg

IMG_20191010_115456.jpg

IMG_20191010_115510.jpg

IMG-20191008-WA0001.jpg

Screenshot_20191027-082047.thumb.jpg.8a465096152c4849b5ddd84c6ceccec0.jpg

Edited by Davy
Removed all sensitive information and photos. Edited out names. Edited Topic title.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lahiru Sachintha said:

Does anyone have any prior experience regarding this car sale? How come an accidentend vehicle have JAAI certification and Auction Grade 5? 

Screenshot_2019-10-17-01-40-36-450_com.android.chrome.png

And it has s 2 year warranty.... with free services in addition..... LOL

@Lahiru Sachintha....it is common knowledge that 99% of car importers/sellers in Sri Lanka forge inspection certificates, turn back mileages etc...so nothing new.  These guys buy accident damaged cars from yards or R grade cars from auctions...fixes it up...puts it through inspection (which will show high mileages or accident damage or repairs, etc..) and then they make a forged certificate when selling :)

Good job on getting it inspected.

• Like 1

I just shared my experience here. Since i myself know well how much we save day by day to buy a vehicle in Sri Lanka. But still we have to take a leasing or a loan since most of us could not afford that much. So after all these sacrifices and risks we taken, getting cheated by a vehicle dealer and buying a faulty vehicle is the worst thing ever that could happen.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, Lahiru Sachintha said:

How come an accidentend vehicle have JAAI certification and Auction Grade 5? 

This is the real auction sheet and the auction photos. Actually it's not an Auction grade 5 vehicle. When they are selling they can say any grade.

?system=auto&date=2019-08-02&auct=10&bid=11174&number=0

?system=auto&date=2019-08-02&auct=10&bid=11174&number=1

?system=auto&date=2019-08-02&auct=10&bid=11174&number=2

?system=auto&date=2019-08-02&auct=10&bid=11174&number=3

Edited by Prangi

1 hour ago, Prangi said:

This is the real auction sheet and the auction photos. Actually it's not a Auction grade 5 vehicle.

Looking at the shape of this car, this is just a small freckle in comparison to some jobs that are being done to locally crashed cars lol. 
even the airbags have not been detonated

Edited by tiv

4 hours ago, tiv said:

Looking at the shape of this car, this is just a small freckle in comparison to some jobs that are being done to locally crashed cars lol. 

The car seems to have crashed in to something soft. Maybe a sumo wrestler:-)

13 hours ago, tiv said:

True...our guys take cars that have squashed in to a pancake and fix it up :)

The thing is..yes...the crash does not seem to be that severe....but it should be made transparent to the buyer so the buyer can make informed decision to either purchase it or walk away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iRage said:

True...our guys take cars that have squashed in to a pancake and fix it up :)

The thing is..yes...the crash does not seem to be that severe....but it should be made transparent to the buyer so the buyer can make informed decision to either purchase it or walk away. 

I'm not sure hit does it look like hes charged the buyer for a premium car? When it has been bought dead cheap in the auction,? Then botched up

Also I'm not sure of this model but certain parts of the sub frame, esp in the front are made to be replaced, they could have done it and made a transparent deal, since they went all the way 

Edited by tiv

13 hours ago, tiv said:

I'm not sure hit does it look like hes charged the buyer for a premium car? When it has been bought dead cheap in the auction,? Then botched up

Also I'm not sure of this model but certain parts of the sub frame, esp in the front are made to be replaced, they could have done it and made a transparent deal, since they went all the way 

but the very fact that they forged a JAAI certificate and was informed it was an auction grade 5 clearly diminishes any transparency doesn't it ?

51 minutes ago, iRage said:

but the very fact that they forged a JAAI certificate and was informed it was an auction grade 5 clearly diminishes any transparency doesn't it ?

What will be the lowest limit to issue a JAAI Certificate? And also is it possible that a chassis damaged and bent vehicle can be transformed in to higher auction grade one?

Edited by Lahiru Sachintha

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Big time, transparency to hell there, 

On 10/29/2019 at 2:34 PM, Prangi said:

This is the real auction sheet and the auction photos. Actually it's not an Auction grade 5 vehicle. When they are selling they can say any grade.

Hi,

How you got the access to the original auction sheet. Is it easily accessible? Pls shed some infor...

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 12:42 AM, Hyaenidae said:

Is the Moda any better than the Perodua Axia which could be bought brand new from thwe authorized agent for the same price? I haven't driven one

Well in KL, Axia is a pretty popular car and is mostly cuz its the cheapest brand new car you can get after the proton saga. You get different trims but they all offer the same layout. Comfort wise its a pretty ok car for a daily driver and you sure can mod it if you need!. But do know that you're paying 3M+ for a car that is 25,000 Ringitt( almost 11 lakhs). Sidenote: Plenty of people do over 100K on axias without proper maintenance and major engine repairs so i guess daily driver wise you'll be golden with a brand new car. But personally i would chose a moda over an axia if i were buying it in SL. 

Btw the axia is what replaced the viva. 

According to my opinion also, going for a Toyota Passo Moda is worth for the price. Since it has more options than a vitz even, but still people in SL go for vitz because it has become trendy. Vitz go around like 4.5Mn onwards, but i bought a 2018 Toyota Passo Moda which has only done 4000km, for 3.84 Mn. It has all the basic options needed and driving comfort is also good considering that price range. But regarding spare parts what i heard from everyone was, for moda they are somewhat rare. I don't think that axia has a good second hand market even. So better if u can stick with a Japan vehicle, since we are in SL ??

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191117120055008_COVER.jpg

Edited by Lahiru Sachintha
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Not only above said car seller but also having lot of car sellers that sell vehicles with heavy damaged, odometer changed etc...

I've gone through below site and saw a lot of examples that currently having, I hope this will more useful for people who wish to buy new vehicles in local market. 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1