• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any opinions on Hyundai Venue 2019? Is Vitara better than Venue?

AW18

Question

It's like this, I haven't seen a venue, not even read the brochure, but given their nature, tge Hyundai must be dressed in kit and got all shiny bits, bells and whistles and stripper boots, and being made in India is again debatable 

BUT given the condition of this being sri Lanka, the brand is reliable but sometimes problems have occured and agents have charged a small fixed deposit to source and  fix things,

Secondly depreciation is a norm now but Hyundai's have not held much value at any point of time, so expect to loose money

Thirdly, being a brand new import from a non mainstream brand expect to run to the agents to source parts as recon and direct import parts wont be that common.

The vitara platform has been there since 2014 and the 2019 model is just a facelift, as it shares the engine from the swift, and being a mainstream brand, whatever you loose in depreciation is minimal and parts will be easier to find. 

Also being made in India, of course they make reliable cars, cheap hardy motors but fit and finish has not been pleasing the market, evdn the word affects the value, back in the day japanese cars were also looked at with disgust 

Then the same with thailand 

With time outsourced india manufactured units will be a norm but for now this Is the story 

example the baleno, and in comparison to the vitara being made in Hungary for the UK market, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiv said:

It's like this, I haven't seen a venue, not even read the brochure, but given their nature, tge Hyundai must be dressed in kit and got all shiny bits, bells and whistles and stripper boots, and being made in India is again debatable 

BUT given the condition of this being sri Lanka, the brand is reliable but sometimes problems have occured and agents have charged a small fixed deposit to source and  fix things,

Secondly depreciation is a norm now but Hyundai's have not held much value at any point of time, so expect to loose money

Thirdly, being a brand new import from a non mainstream brand expect to run to the agents to source parts as recon and direct import parts wont be that common.

The vitara platform has been there since 2014 and the 2019 model is just a facelift, as it shares the engine from the swift, and being a mainstream brand, whatever you loose in depreciation is minimal and parts will be easier to find. 

Also being made in India, of course they make reliable cars, cheap hardy motors but fit and finish has not been pleasing the market, evdn the word affects the value, back in the day japanese cars were also looked at with disgust 

Then the same with thailand 

With time outsourced india manufactured units will be a norm but for now this Is the story 

example the baleno, and in comparison to the vitara being made in Hungary for the UK market, 

Thanks. Agreed. I too have a doubt about the brand as many people say Korean brands have only the looks and give more trouble than mainstream brands. Abans is to take over the dealership totally by end of December and claim they are going to bring the service centre to Colombo HQ. But I heard some complaints about overall Hyundai service in SL. 

I had had a test drive and the impression was good. Plus I like the looks of it though it's bit too 'compact'. Abans claim that they have sold about 20 units in the past 2 weeks whereas Hyundai Lanka too has sold some units. I am doubtful about the service though. 

Vitara seems good but exceeds my budget. 

Didn't consider Baleno but heard some people had negative comments about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

Don't forget that the new agents for Hyundai are ABANS 

Anyone who has every bought an appliance from them knows how pitiful their customer service is so one can only imagine what it will be like when that lot try to run a car agency!

Exactly! That's the worry. However they say they have all experts and going to shift the service centre to Colombo HQ. Don't know if it would be similar to MG service at Micro or Ford services at Softlogic (they don't have knowledgeable people for Ford and had some bad experiences) though. 

9 hours ago, AW18 said:

Exactly! That's the worry. However they say they have all experts and going to shift the service centre to Colombo HQ. Don't know if it would be similar to MG service at Micro or Ford services at Softlogic (they don't have knowledgeable people for Ford and had some bad experiences) though. 

I tried and failed to get so much as a call back from Future Automobiles (Softlogic) on query!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 11:08 AM, Devinda_Z said:

I tried and failed to get so much as a call back from Future Automobiles (Softlogic) on query!

So I was right by saying maintaining a Ford for a non-car guy would be hard in SL? Having a 3rd party parts supply helps. These tech companies handling car companies is now a trend in SL it seems. Future Ferrari agent en route? :P

Edited by □AVANTE□
Typo
  • Like 1

Well  pluses - for one it's half a mill cheaper,has a 4cyl engine (as opposed to 3 pot turbos a little more refined maybe?)  ....it does not look too bad (but the Vitara looks better ) does the agent offer warranty? 

Edited by matroska
what's with me and my spelling today ?
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, matroska said:

Well  pluses - for one it's half a mill cheaper,has a 4cyl engine (as opposed to 3 pot turbos a little more refined maybe?)  ....it does not look too bad (but the Vitara looks better ) does the agent offer warranty? 

It doesn't look bad, true. But Vitara is better and looks more spacious than Venue. Venue is 5.2 mil and Vitara is around 6.5mil? Warranty is 3 years or 100k km whichever occurs first. Fuel economy they say 12kmpl in city limits and highways 18kmpl.

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

So I was right by saying maintaining a Ford for a non-car guy would be hard in SL? Having a 3rd party parts suplly helps. These tech companies handling car companies is now a trend in SL it seems. Future Ferrari agent en route? :P

Ford spare-parts is a joke in SL. 

If that happens RIP Ferrari?

On 11/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, AW18 said:

Isn't Vitara too made in India? 

The UK spec Vitara is made in Hungary, same goes for the S-Cross. All Balenos including the UK spec is made in India. All three share the same powertrain paltform which is made in Japan.

Not sure where the agent imported Vitara is made though.

3 hours ago, leyland said:

The UK spec Vitara is made in Hungary, same goes for the S-Cross. All Balenos including the UK spec is made in India. All three share the same powertrain paltform which is made in Japan.

Not sure where the agent imported Vitara is made though.

Agent does not bring brand new, they try to promote their Baleno which is a market nightmare, they have announced they ll bring pre owned / verified used imports with warranty, if by any chance you visit them, they borrow your credentials and try to place orders by pestering you daily. That desperate to sell that car,

Edited by tiv

4 hours ago, NeroX said:

Any Venue users? Do you experience dct overheat issues in traffic?? How is the real world fuel economy?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

might be a bit too early to detect these - a friend of mine bought one last month but no input as yet cos it was rear ended by an outlander within days of purchase and still getting fixed  if you ARE planning on buying one  also consider the Kia Stonic as well ...looks and specwise seems a better overall package. 

I faced one of their marketing campaigns 

warranty is 100k km or 5 years now 

Which is very nice BUT

there’s a choice 
U get a 65inch tv OR the warranty for the venue,

bit weird that the company is willing to compromise the warranty programme for a tv, let alone that is what they think of the sri Lankan clientele!

like selling a Chinese phone in pettah. 
 The Bluelink functions don’t work here. There’s no rear wiper, they say the camera can be turned on full time so no Need a wiper? Funny marketing again 

its made in India, has the same look inside, fit and finish 

has a high regard as an entry suv all over the world, but then again they use and dispose which we don’t also they get a bigger engine. 1L they offer have power figures similar to a Vitz.

either way the Vitara is larger and more powerful, a different sub class and it’s neither GDI nor DCT. Vitara can be compared with the Vezel, Chr lot. Not a fair comparison despite the engine size. And the vitara at 6.3 up. 

the venue with the stonic, Raize ( the importers deliberately floating prices to make a gap). 

the venue ranges between 4.9 to 5.19

4.9 being grey imports, the agents also offered it for 4.9 but I believe they wanted to make a quick buck and did a price hike. 
they are being sold by the dozen. Yet to know how it will fare, 

but one thing so far we’ve seen, Korean badges have not made it well into the hearts and minds of the Sri Lankan 2nd hand buyer. 

Atleast the tv will make it 

Screenshot_20200211-150940_Facebook.jpg

Edited by tiv

5 hours ago, tiv said:

I faced one of their marketing campaigns 

warranty is 100k km or 5 years now 

Which is very nice BUT

there’s a choice 
U get a 65inch tv OR the warranty for the venue,

bit weird that the company is willing to compromise the warranty programme for a tv, let alone that is what they think of the sri Lankan clientele!

like selling a Chinese phone in pettah. 
 The Bluelink functions don’t work here. There’s no rear wiper, they say the camera can be turned on full time so no Need a wiper? Funny marketing again 

its made in India, has the same look inside, fit and finish 

has a high regard as an entry suv all over the world, but then again they use and dispose which we don’t also they get a bigger engine. 1L they offer have power figures similar to a Vitz.

either way the Vitara is larger and more powerful, a different sub class and it’s neither GDI nor DCT. Vitara can be compared with the Vezel, Chr lot. Not a fair comparison despite the engine size. And the vitara at 6.3 up. 

the venue with the stonic, Raize ( the importers deliberately floating prices to make a gap). 

the venue ranges between 4.9 to 5.19

4.9 being grey imports, the agents also offered it for 4.9 but I believe they wanted to make a quick buck and did a price hike. 
they are being sold by the dozen. Yet to know how it will fare, 

but one thing so far we’ve seen, Korean badges have not made it well into the hearts and minds of the Sri Lankan 2nd hand buyer. 

Atleast the tv will make it 

This is weird, a TV for a Warranty? This is very bad for a car dealer