• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

AW18

Any opinions on Hyundai Venue 2019? Is Vitara better than Venue?

Question

20 answers to this question

Are you aware the Venue is made in India ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VWvortex said:

Are you aware the Venue is made in India ?

Yes. 

It's like this, I haven't seen a venue, not even read the brochure, but given their nature, tge Hyundai must be dressed in kit and got all shiny bits, bells and whistles and stripper boots, and being made in India is again debatable 

BUT given the condition of this being sri Lanka, the brand is reliable but sometimes problems have occured and agents have charged a small fixed deposit to source and  fix things,

Secondly depreciation is a norm now but Hyundai's have not held much value at any point of time, so expect to loose money

Thirdly, being a brand new import from a non mainstream brand expect to run to the agents to source parts as recon and direct import parts wont be that common.

The vitara platform has been there since 2014 and the 2019 model is just a facelift, as it shares the engine from the swift, and being a mainstream brand, whatever you loose in depreciation is minimal and parts will be easier to find. 

Also being made in India, of course they make reliable cars, cheap hardy motors but fit and finish has not been pleasing the market, evdn the word affects the value, back in the day japanese cars were also looked at with disgust 

Then the same with thailand 

With time outsourced india manufactured units will be a norm but for now this Is the story 

example the baleno, and in comparison to the vitara being made in Hungary for the UK market, 

• Like 1

Don't forget that the new agents for Hyundai are ABANS 

Anyone who has every bought an appliance from them knows how pitiful their customer service is so one can only imagine what it will be like when that lot try to run a car agency!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tiv said:

It's like this, I haven't seen a venue, not even read the brochure, but given their nature, tge Hyundai must be dressed in kit and got all shiny bits, bells and whistles and stripper boots, and being made in India is again debatable 

BUT given the condition of this being sri Lanka, the brand is reliable but sometimes problems have occured and agents have charged a small fixed deposit to source and  fix things,

Secondly depreciation is a norm now but Hyundai's have not held much value at any point of time, so expect to loose money

Thirdly, being a brand new import from a non mainstream brand expect to run to the agents to source parts as recon and direct import parts wont be that common.

The vitara platform has been there since 2014 and the 2019 model is just a facelift, as it shares the engine from the swift, and being a mainstream brand, whatever you loose in depreciation is minimal and parts will be easier to find. 

Also being made in India, of course they make reliable cars, cheap hardy motors but fit and finish has not been pleasing the market, evdn the word affects the value, back in the day japanese cars were also looked at with disgust 

Then the same with thailand 

With time outsourced india manufactured units will be a norm but for now this Is the story 

example the baleno, and in comparison to the vitara being made in Hungary for the UK market, 

Thanks. Agreed. I too have a doubt about the brand as many people say Korean brands have only the looks and give more trouble than mainstream brands. Abans is to take over the dealership totally by end of December and claim they are going to bring the service centre to Colombo HQ. But I heard some complaints about overall Hyundai service in SL. 

I had had a test drive and the impression was good. Plus I like the looks of it though it's bit too 'compact'. Abans claim that they have sold about 20 units in the past 2 weeks whereas Hyundai Lanka too has sold some units. I am doubtful about the service though. 

Vitara seems good but exceeds my budget. 

Didn't consider Baleno but heard some people had negative comments about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

Don't forget that the new agents for Hyundai are ABANS 

Anyone who has every bought an appliance from them knows how pitiful their customer service is so one can only imagine what it will be like when that lot try to run a car agency!

Exactly! That's the worry. However they say they have all experts and going to shift the service centre to Colombo HQ. Don't know if it would be similar to MG service at Micro or Ford services at Softlogic (they don't have knowledgeable people for Ford and had some bad experiences) though. 

9 hours ago, AW18 said:

Exactly! That's the worry. However they say they have all experts and going to shift the service centre to Colombo HQ. Don't know if it would be similar to MG service at Micro or Ford services at Softlogic (they don't have knowledgeable people for Ford and had some bad experiences) though. 

I tried and failed to get so much as a call back from Future Automobiles (Softlogic) on query!

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 11:08 AM, Devinda_Z said:

I tried and failed to get so much as a call back from Future Automobiles (Softlogic) on query!

So I was right by saying maintaining a Ford for a non-car guy would be hard in SL? Having a 3rd party parts supply helps. These tech companies handling car companies is now a trend in SL it seems. Future Ferrari agent en route? :P

Edited by □AVANTE□
Typo
  • Like 1

Well  pluses - for one it's half a mill cheaper,has a 4cyl engine (as opposed to 3 pot turbos a little more refined maybe?)  ....it does not look too bad (but the Vitara looks better ) does the agent offer warranty? 

Edited by matroska
what's with me and my spelling today ?
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, matroska said:

Well  pluses - for one it's half a mill cheaper,has a 4cyl engine (as opposed to 3 pot turbos a little more refined maybe?)  ....it does not look too bad (but the Vitara looks better ) does the agent offer warranty? 

It doesn't look bad, true. But Vitara is better and looks more spacious than Venue. Venue is 5.2 mil and Vitara is around 6.5mil? Warranty is 3 years or 100k km whichever occurs first. Fuel economy they say 12kmpl in city limits and highways 18kmpl.

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

So I was right by saying maintaining a Ford for a non-car guy would be hard in SL? Having a 3rd party parts suplly helps. These tech companies handling car companies is now a trend in SL it seems. Future Ferrari agent en route? :P

Ford spare-parts is a joke in SL. 

If that happens RIP Ferrari😂

I’d probably stay away from Indian made Hyundai. Without a doubt it’s the Vitara to go for.

Toyota Raize ??

14 hours ago, alpha17 said:

I’d probably stay away from Indian made Hyundai. Without a doubt it’s the Vitara to go for.

Isn't Vitara too made in India? 

30 minutes ago, kush said:

Toyota Raize ??

Looks promising and probably better than Venue when it comes to service and spare-parts. Also it's manufactured in Japan they say. 

3 hours ago, AW18 said:

Lol

The Toyota Raize is a Compact Cross over - basically a Vitz on mild steroids.. its about in the same league as Hyundai the Vitara is in a different league despite all cars being in the same tax bracket due to same engine capacity. 

On 11/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, AW18 said:

The UK spec Vitara is made in Hungary, same goes for the S-Cross. All Balenos including the UK spec is made in India. All three share the same powertrain paltform which is made in Japan.

Not sure where the agent imported Vitara is made though.

Vitara might be a better option (looks good, finishing wise). At least the lineage has been there for a umpteen no of years and the reviews are not bad at all. Hyundai's have a bad reputation for name plates disappearing quickly :) 

3 hours ago, leyland said:

The UK spec Vitara is made in Hungary, same goes for the S-Cross. All Balenos including the UK spec is made in India. All three share the same powertrain paltform which is made in Japan.

Not sure where the agent imported Vitara is made though.

Agent does not bring brand new, they try to promote their Baleno which is a market nightmare, they have announced they ll bring pre owned / verified used imports with warranty, if by any chance you visit them, they borrow your credentials and try to place orders by pestering you daily. That desperate to sell that car,

Edited by tiv