• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Experience on Honda freed

chanaka paliskara

Question

21 answers to this question

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Firstly - please use a meaningful name when opening a thread so that someone would know what the question is about.

secondly do not open multiple threads for the same question. @Davy another merge request for you ?

Regarding the car - I notice that there hasn't been much discussion on this model on this forum. Hopefully there might be someone who owns/owned a Freed. 

• Like 1

A person I know had one, but sold after 1 or 2 years complaining about the battery’s cooling fan. I don’t exactly know about the issue, but it’s his friend who told me the reason to sell the car. Then he bought a Toyota Sienta.

By now, most of the batteries might be in their last breath so better to check well. These things have the IMA hybrid system which is much better in terms of reliability than the i-DCD Sport Hybrid system. This one has the 1500cc engine (opposed to 1300cc in the earlier IMA systems) which would be adequate for daily driving. 1500cc on the ZE3 Insight is a joy to drive with plenty of torque, but here with the added weight it would be ok for daily travel. But the IMA system struggles a bit on steep climbs.

• Like 1

A person I know had one, but sold after 1 or 2 years complaining about the battery’s cooling fan. I don’t exactly know about the issue, but it’s his friend who told me the reason to sell the car. Then he bought a Toyota Sienta.
By now, most of the batteries might be in their last breath so better to check well. These things have the IMA hybrid system which is much better in terms of reliability than the i-DCD Sport Hybrid system. This one has the 1500cc engine (opposed to 1300cc in the earlier IMA systems) which would be adequate for daily driving. 1500cc on the ZE3 Insight is a joy to drive with plenty of torque, but here with the added weight it would be ok for daily travel. But the IMA system struggles a bit on steep climbs.
Thanks Alpha 17,
Honestly i dont like hybrid vehicle since the battery issues. So i am looking non hybrid vehicle.

Sent from my G3312 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the forum. 
Firstly - please use a meaningful name when opening a thread so that someone would know what the question is about.
secondly do not open multiple threads for the same question. [mention=46393]Davy[/mention] another merge request for you [emoji846]

[/url] Regarding the car - I notice that there hasn't been much discussion on this model on this forum. Hopefully there might be someone who owns/owned a Freed. 

Honestly thank you very much ur advise. I am new here so i dont have much idea or experience here.

1 hour ago, chanaka paliskara said:

Thanks Alpha 17,
Honestly i dont like hybrid vehicle since the battery issues. So i am looking non hybrid vehicle.

Please mention your requirements, so we’ll be able to recommend you some models

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chanaka paliskara said:

i am looking non hybrid vehicle.

1 hour ago, alpha17 said:

Please mention your requirements,

While 4 Million is hybrid territory - you can find many non hybrids for that price. As Alpha mentioned let us know what you want- are you looking for a freed for a specific reason? If something other than a mini MPV is OK you have  several decent sedans to consider. for instance a non hybrid Axio 161 (2013 ) can be bought for around 4.1 Mill - a really nice car.

• Like 1

While 4 Million is hybrid territory - you can find many non hybrids for that price. As Alpha mentioned let us know what you want- are you looking for a freed for a specific reason? If something other than a mini MPV is OK you have  several decent sedans to consider. for instance a non hybrid Axio 161 (2013 ) can be bought for around 4.1 Mill - a really nice car.
Thanks both of ur (matroska & alpha17) reply for my post. Here are my main requirements....
1. I love to buy SUV or mini MPV as well as hatchback (such as Xtrail, freed, sportage or any model similar to above)
2. Any made year no problem
3. Non hybrid
4. Any transmission
5. Made country - first priority to Japan, then Europe and next korean (if good)
6. Seat capacity - minimum 5 including driving seat
7. Budget is maximum 4 millions

Since it’s your first vehicle what about getting an unregistered Vitz? You’ll have relatively trouble free 5-6 years. Although it’s not a bad car either. Good fuel economy, spacious and adequate power for daily driving plus you’ll be able to sell it fast without much depreciation.

There are many other good options. As Matroska mentioned the 161 is a really good option. You’ll have to spend around 4.1-4.3 million to get a good example. Most of them have been well taken care of as they were owned by permit holders. Make sure to find a low mileage one with all the service records to be on the safe side. There are other cars like Axio 141(most of them have been abused by now), Allion 260 (same story), Mazda 3 but as the first car I highly recommend you to start with a simple, no-nonsense car.

• Like 1

Really appreciate your honest idea for my inquiry. But there are 6 family members in my family with Parents. So i think Vitz is not comfortable when we go together for long journey. I mean the Vitz's space will not be comfortable for 6 persons. Am i correct ?,
And how much is unregistered Vitz ?.
Do u have any idea about Kia/Hyundai or Micro ? Because i saw many SUV types cars on their brands.

@chanaka paliskara how about a 7 seat SUV like a Hyundai Santa Fe similar to this one?
http://www.autolanka.com/view/hyundai/santa-fe/68922.html

If you want 5 adults to be comfortable on a long journey then even your car options will need to be things like large saloon cars or sedans - so i don't think options like the Vitz will work for you

If it's an MPV then perhaps a Suzuki Ertiga?

The Avanza is well within your budget but it looks like a very flimsy product and isn't really the best of Toyota - not Japanese made either AFAIR

If you don't mind something which may be heavy or may end up being hard to resell as well as maintain then there are left field options like the Nissan Emgrand, Chrysler Voyager & Mazda Premacy in your budget

I don't know if this will fit in your budget but the Honda BRV may also be an option as that too is a 7 seat crossover but the ones sold in Sri Lanka may have been Indian made

• Like 1

[mention=82829]chanaka paliskara[/mention] how about a 7 seat SUV like a Hyundai Santa Fe similar to this one?
http://www.autolanka.com/view/hyundai/santa-fe/68922.html

If you want 5 adults to be comfortable on a long journey then even your car options will need to be things like large saloon cars or sedans - so i don't think options like the Vitz will work for you

If it's an MPV then perhaps a Suzuki Ertiga?

The Avanza is well within your budget but it looks like a very flimsy product and isn't really the best of Toyota - not Japanese made either AFAIR
If you don't mind something which may be heavy or may end up being hard to resell as well as maintain then there are left field options like the Nissan Emgrand, Chrysler Voyager & Mazda Premacy in your budget

I don't know if this will fit in your budget but the Honda BRV may also be an option as that too is a 7 seat crossover but the ones sold in Sri Lanka may have been Indian made

Thank you sir.
And pls let me smile at me. When i read these replies..... honestly i am shame at me. Because i dont have much idea about vehicles.
Due to my budget is maximum 4 millions and my less knowledge...... Could you please verify below.
1. Is mazda japan or indian ? (I heard someone says that some mazda products are not really from japan)
2. What is the price of below
Honda BRV, Nissan chrysler, Nissan emgrand, Toyota avanza, Suzuki ertiga and nissan voyager
3. Even flimsy anyone of them no issue for me.. so what is the most fuel efficiency car from above
4. Finally that Emgrand is from Nissan or Micro ?

5 hours ago, chanaka paliskara said:

Really appreciate your honest idea for my inquiry. But there are 6 family members in my family with Parents. So i think Vitz is not comfortable when we go together for long journey. I mean the Vitz's space will not be comfortable for 6 persons. Am i correct ?,
And how much is unregistered Vitz ?.
Do u have any idea about Kia/Hyundai or Micro ? Because i saw many SUV types cars on their brands.

As Devinda_Z mentioned Avanza is a good option. It might run without any major problems for a long time as the car is very simple. But doesn’t have the build quality of Japan made one since they are built in Indonesia. Even the closure of a door doesn’t give that solid feeling when you close the door of a japanese car.

I guess among the 6 family members, 4 might be adults. In that case, Vitz would probably lack in the interior space department. Unreg one can be found for less than 4 million. If space is a major concern, among the sedans I can highly recommend the Allion/Premio. As I mentioned before, most of them have been hacked by the previous owners. So finding a good one is really hard. If you are patient and careful, maybe you’ll be able to find one, but will consume more time. The 260 is the series came from 2007 and they sell around 4-4.5 million (2007-2009). 240 is the earlier version so finding a good example from the earlier model is very hard by now. But earlier model is a bit easier to maintain than the 260 variant. Both of them are comfortable than Axio, Vitz, Aqua, Prius and Grace. The 260 is a bit more comfortable and fuel efficient than the 240. They are very spacious and would be able to move your family comfortably.

Another car that comes to my in the Bluebird Sylphy G11. It’s also in the same class like the Allion and Premio. Very spacious. Haven’t driven, but have inspected one. Not fuel efficient as the Toyotas and has a 1500cc engine. There is a know issue of dashboard cracking which appeared in the earlier versions. Most of them are in good condition, but some of them are used for tourism, so there is a high chance of finding an odo meter tampered one. Be careful!

1 hour ago, chanaka paliskara said:

Thank you sir.
And pls let me smile at me. When i read these replies..... honestly i am shame at me. Because i dont have much idea about vehicles.
Due to my budget is maximum 4 millions and my less knowledge...... Could you please verify below.
1. Is mazda japan or indian ? (I heard someone says that some mazda products are not really from japan)
2. What is the price of below
Honda BRV, Nissan chrysler, Nissan emgrand, Toyota avanza, Suzuki ertiga and nissan voyager
3. Even flimsy anyone of them no issue for me.. so what is the most fuel efficiency car from above
4. Finally that Emgrand is from Nissan or Micro ?

@chanaka paliskara most of the options i mentioned are available on this website's classified section and on [email protected], P at P at .lk, Ri ya se wa na and such sites

Roughly an Avanza will be around 2.7 to 3.7 Million but they are very basic without airbags etc.

Something like a Suzuki Ertiga will be around 3-3.5 Million but i have only seen manual ones here

The best value for money in your price range i feel would be the Hyundai Santa Fe 2006+ Model for around 2.9 Million to 4.5 Million range. It will  have 4WD as well. Petrol & Diesel options available

Check this sites classified section

http://www.autolanka.com/search/cars/?condition=&mk=376&md=395&district=&additional_info=

• Like 1

[mention=82829]chanaka paliskara[/mention] most of the options i mentioned are available on this website's classified section and on [email protected], P at P at .lk, Ri ya se wa na and such sites

Roughly an Avanza will be around 2.7 to 3.7 Million but they are very basic without airbags etc.
Something like a Suzuki Ertiga will be around 3-3.5 Million but i have only seen manual ones here
The best value for money in your price range i feel would be the Hyundai Santa Fe 2006+ Model for around 2.9 Million to 4.5 Million range. It will  have 4WD as well. Petrol & Diesel options available

Check this sites classified section
http://www.autolanka.com/search/cars/?condition=&mk=376&md=395&district=&additional_info=

Then how about mazda cars?,
And Is there any unregistered or brand new SUV or mini MPV cars up to 4 millions from any brand ?

Thank u sir.
I am pretty sure that, if the owners hack some cars, then its much easier them to cheat me. Its nothing for them.
Anyway how about mazda cars?,
And Is there any unregistered or brand new SUV or mini MPV cars up to 4 millions from any brand ?
As you said even Vitz is good.... my mind still looking a SUP or Mini MPV.
Are Hatchback car's appearance similar to SUP or Mini MPV? And can i find Hatchback cars up to 4 millions ?

10 minutes ago, chanaka paliskara said:

I am still thinking. What is ur recommendation for me sir ?

Well like i said those 2 and out of them vitz would better in 2nd hand value, fuel and even in design. Its god a-b car.

But if u r looking for an suv consider a registered rush/ terios? I know a friend of mine who's about about to sell his and the drive and the quality is quite good.

Well like i said those 2 and out of them vitz would better in 2nd hand value, fuel and even in design. Its god a-b car.
But if u r looking for an suv consider a registered rush/ terios? I know a friend of mine who's about about to sell his and the drive and the quality is quite good.
My budget is maximum 4 millions.
Terios from Daihatsu right ?
So ofcoz i like rush.