• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rx8 In Plenty

fuzzo

Coincidently they showed that grey kitted Rx8 on Autvision y'day... :D

And Dumi##a was like " This doesnt need a spoiler cos the rear body kit/diffuser acts like one " <--- acc to my sinhala knowledge thats how i interpreted it! :lol:

Yeah saw the programme :D hw dumb is that Dum***a saying the rear defuser do the Spoilers work

Yeah saw the programme :D hw dumb is that Dum***a saying the rear defuser do the Spoilers work

Gotta remember dude, a proper designed diffusers function is to produce a lower pressure area under the car, thereby "sucking" the car onto the road, similar to a spoiler acting like an inverted wing to push the car down. Thats why the Enzo doesn't have a spoiler. It has a properly designed diffuser.

Pls note "Properly designed" diffuser

Gotta remember dude, a proper designed diffusers function is to produce a lower pressure area under the car, thereby "sucking" the car onto the road, similar to a spoiler acting like an inverted wing to push the car down. Thats why the Enzo doesn't have a spoiler. It has a properly designed diffuser.

Pls note "Properly designed" diffuser

ya got it bt do u think Dum***a can desing a proper diffuser ? anyway i think that rx8 dosent need a spoiler cus those buggers not gona tuch More than 120 KMPH

ya got it bt do u think Dum***a can desing a proper diffuser ? anyway i think that rx8 dosent need a spoiler cus those buggers not gona tuch More than 120 KMPH

that body kit on that mazda RX 8 is developed by Veilside JAPAN.

You can check out http://www.veilsidejpn.com/ ( Its a Japanese Company now has a big Market in USA )

Its called D1GP Body Kit for the RX 8.

imgrx8lrw6.jpg

These parts are deveoped more for style than function. If any body kit is best for a cars aero dynamics, it would be the OEM parts designed by the Manufacturer Itself. This is why you will see no aggresive body kits on a Evolution or a Subaru or even the Rx 8.

Edited by Velocity

Now thats a Beauty!!

yeah man i loved that car... so much.. wanted to buy it, but i left the country for uni and dillion had sold it in the meantime,

i have heard that the guy who bought it hardly drives it... what a waste

well someday i guess...

• 5 months later...

This guy is ADVERTISING on the Forums!!!

he runs the car sale!

as for that gray things - it was singapore spec with chamber pressure/velocity or something gauge ++ , auto& fabric interior

but i dunno abt it being orgina veilside cuz at the rear the body shell & bolts could be seen!! that sucked - no finish what so ever!

This guy is ADVERTISING on the Forums!!!

he runs the car sale!

as for that gray things - it was singapore spec with chamber pressure/velocity or something gauge ++ , auto& fabric interior

but i dunno abt it being orgina veilside cuz at the rear the body shell & bolts could be seen!! that sucked - no finish what so ever!

DEVINDA Z. The grey car with the body kit is no more. It met with an bad accident 5-6 days back. Basicaly the Engine is in 3 pieces.

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for info on rotary engines!! Do you use a RX-7 or RX-8?

Was it the same grey RX-8 which was at the car show?

In SL is there a special taxing policy for rotary engines?? coz if not 1300cc will not get heavily taxed.

when the X7 was initially imported it was a very low rate cu they valued it at 1300cc regardless of the rotary design

but for the rx8'customs got wise to it n now they double the displacement for duty calculation so its taxed as 2600cc !!! so no duty break jus coz its rotary

DEVINDA Z. The grey car with the body kit is no more. It met with an bad accident 5-6 days back. Basicaly the Engine is in 3 pieces.

whoa! :blink: what happened ?? where ?? n HOw fast was he going? driver ok?

• 1 month later...

How much does a mazda rx8 cost in lanka??

Prices vary depending on the 2 main models available

Rx8

Automatic with paddle shift& fabric trim - Sinapore model - Rs. 4.5~5.5 Million

Manual 6 speed with Leather interior - Japanese spec. - Rs. 5.5 ~ 6.5 Million

its a fairly practical and decent car for day to day use given the 4 door 4 seat layout :)

but high Engine Oil consupmtion can be a nuisance... :mellow:

that body kit on that mazda RX 8 is developed by Veilside JAPAN.

You can check out http://www.veilsidejpn.com/ ( Its a Japanese Company now has a big Market in USA )

Its called D1GP Body Kit for the RX 8.

IPB Image

These parts are deveoped more for style than function. If any body kit is best for a cars aero dynamics, it would be the OEM parts designed by the Manufacturer Itself. This is why you will see no aggresive body kits on a Evolution or a Subaru or even the Rx 8.

yeah veilside Body kits are design for aero dynamics other than the look, and dims wut abt ur company body kits are they functional ? :lol:

Anyway yes OEM kits are the best

Edited by GihanFX

Which One comes with the F1 shift.. Is it the Singapore or the Japanese

And I also heard that the Singapore one has high mileage

singapore cars usually come with the F1 style steering mounted Paddle shifts

this story about the SIngapore cars having high milage i can't quite understand....

i've noted by looking at many odo's that Singapore cars avarage 35,000km's in unregistered form

but what i cant understand is that the entire land mass of the country is only 600 odd sq KM's !!!!! :o

so how on earth they manage to knotch up such high figures is beyond me!

Is it possible that importers mess with the mileage to gain duty consessions of something - could there be a link like that? :huh:

can someone shed some light on this mileage thingy? :huh:

singapore cars usually come with the F1 style steering mounted Paddle shifts

this story about the SIngapore cars having high milage i can't quite understand....

i've noted by looking at many odo's that Singapore cars avarage 35,000km's in unregistered form

but what i cant understand is that the entire land mass of the country is only 600 odd sq KM's !!!!! :o

so how on earth they manage to knotch up such high figures is beyond me!

Is it possible that importers mess with the mileage to gain duty consessions of something - could there be a link like that? :huh:

can someone shed some light on this mileage thingy? :huh:

yeap me too ones i went to a korean car yard and checked some cars milages and found most cars were around 15000 to 25000 bt saw some cars around 40000 to 60000 :blink:

yeap me too ones i went to a korean car yard and checked some cars milages and found most cars were around 15000 to 25000 bt saw some cars around 40000 to 60000 :blink:

Most of them come with 100-200,000 on the clock before being brought down to absurdly low amounts. You can't see the wear as most of it is motorway running and they recondition some parts like the seats etc. there.

Same scene with the commercial vehicles. Those they do up here.

There may be the occasional low mileage car but then our importers can't make any money on them with the high duties.

Most of them come with 100-200,000 on the clock before being brought down to absurdly low amounts. You can't see the wear as most of it is motorway running and they recondition some parts like the seats etc. there.

Same scene with the commercial vehicles. Those they do up here.

There may be the occasional low mileage car but then our importers can't make any money on them with the high duties.

yeap in 2004 i saw a Kia Rio at a car sale and the molage was 5000KM bt whn u closely check the inteior Egine and specially the steering wheel u can see it has done more than that

"Devinda_Z - this story about the SIngapore cars having high milage i can't quite understand....

i've noted by looking at many odo's that Singapore cars avarage 35,000km's in unregistered form"

I asked this from a Singapoorian and the guy said that some of them travel to Malasya. Few of those trips pops-up the milage.

"fuzzo - have you guys noticed all the rx8's being imported to SL. i've seen atleast 4 of them for sale at various sales."

RX8's go as 1300 CC (on the record). Maybe the car sales guys waveoff the tax and bag the whole profit ;)

Edited by TurboSeavy

"Devinda_Z - this story about the SIngapore cars having high milage i can't quite understand....

i've noted by looking at many odo's that Singapore cars avarage 35,000km's in unregistered form"

I asked this from a Singapoorian and the guy said that some of them travel to Malasya. Few of those trips pops-up the milage.

"fuzzo - have you guys noticed all the rx8's being imported to SL. i've seen atleast 4 of them for sale at various sales."

RX8's go as 1300 CC (on the record). Maybe the car sales guys waveoff the tax and bag the whole profit ;)

ah the Malaysia journey theory seems very sound :)

but the rx engines no longer enjoy that perk

in days past the Rx7's were brought at low rates because customs didn't distinguish the Rotary engines from another

but since , their knowledge has grown and the newer rx8 renesis engines get charged at a rate which is double the stated capacity as its a Rotary - so in essence it faces the duty allocated to 2600cc car - or so i was told by some importers..

Are the RX8's that are here any good? Coz, I read on many online forums that the ones manufactured before 2005 have some defects. There were many complaints saying, ‘the car suddenly won't start’. There were some comments saying that this is not a car for everyone, and you have to be careful with it. Anyway, the way I got it there is a flooding problem in the earlier releases.

Pls don't get me wrong. I simply love the design of RX-8 and respect the Mazda's boldness in going ahead with a Wankel engine.

to my knowledge there aren't any inherent issues aside from the high engine oil consumption

other than that in certain isolated cases there have been issues with the A/C units & transmission - but nothing consistant or common enough to warrant any serious concern

:mellow:

how ever the authority on this would be a RX8 owner himself - so i suggest you seek Velocity's opinion in this regard - over to you Dims?

:)

¬ forgetting the Mazda Guru = Dillion - anything we need to know about Rx8's? :huh: