• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2018 Suzuki Swift Steering Squeeks & Rattles

ashan.de.alwis

Question

Hi guys my suzuki swift started making rattle sounds from the front driver side (sound comes from underneath more like from the rack) when going over bumpy roads and there is no sound when driving on smooth roads.

Also there is a rubber squeeking noise when turning the steering wheel from the center, sounds like rubbing on rubber. It is more noticeable when you drive a fair distance and when the engine is warm. 

I have attached the link for two short videos of the noises:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1CIcWsxez7ZYbNpazTndgTuRFdQQFzf0I

(You might have to use earphones for the rattle noise video because it is quite hard to notice)

Is this a known issue for Suzuki Swift's? If anyone has the same problem and have already solved it please let me know.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by ashan.de.alwis

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

This seems to be a common issue for the new Swift and it has been discussed in the forum before along with a remedy for this by A*W.

Better to search the forum and go through that thread :) 

Thank you for the prompt reply, Just wanted to check whether anyone had both the squeeks and rattles at the same time and if they're related to eathother.

I will have a look and if there are any developments i will update. 

Edited by ashan.de.alwis
  • Like 1

I have two colleagues who got down 2 cars, both zero mileage, and they reside in jaffna, do a Colombo trip weekly thereby have done high miles on the car, nearing 50ks but haven't faced this issue, yom 2018

2 hours ago, tiv said:

I have two colleagues who got down 2 cars, both zero mileage, and they reside in jaffna, do a Colombo trip weekly thereby have done high miles on the car, nearing 50ks but haven't faced this issue, yom 2018

I see, in that case its mainly due to the road conditions especially potholes. Mine has done around 6500 KM's. And the noise started around 5000 Km's.