• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota yaris or toyota belta

Muditha Ranganath

3 hours ago, Muditha Ranganath said:

What is the best car between toyota yaris and toyota belta?

Sent from my STK-L22 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Belta :

*Japan Domestic Model 

* Interior is supposed to be better *some say the car is comfier than the Yaris. 

*CVT gear box 

* Supposed to have better fuel economy over the Yaris. 

* Some Belta's don't even have the tachometer (RPM meter in Kohuwala terms) .

Yaris :

* Is the export variant and always comes with the 1.3 L engine 

*The car has more ground clearance and made of more durable material to survive the perceived harsh conditions locally present. 

*Fuel economy is supposed to be a little worse than the Belta. 

*Yaris were imported brand new for permits 10 years ago  - there are both Auto and Manual variants. 

Now that these cars are 10+ years old fuel figures may vary - i.e you could find a Belta that does worse than a Yaris and vice versa.  There are many B/New Yaris still with the first owner with verifiable service records and all maintained at agents so the chance of finding a well maintained Yaris is higher than a Belta. Also due to public perceptions the Belta 1.3's are priced higher than Yaris usually 

What I'd do if I were you :

Look for both cars - buy one with a good maintenance history, apparent honest seller and good condition irrespective if it's a Yaris or a Belta. Avoid 1.0 L Beltas. 

Also I wouldn't pay extra for the Belta over a Yaris. 

If manual is ok with you Manual Yaris are going for pretty low prices. 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

Belta :
 *Japan Domestic Model 
* Interior is supposed to be better *some say the car is comfier than the Yaris. 
*CVT gear box 
* Supposed to have better fuel economy over the Yaris. 
* Some Belta's don't even have the tachometer (RPM meter in Kohuwala terms) .
Yaris :
* Is the export variant and always comes with the 1.3 L engine 
*The car has more ground clearance and made of more durable material to survive the perceived harsh conditions locally present. 
*Fuel economy is supposed to be a little worse than the Belta. 
*Yaris were imported brand new for permits 10 years ago  - there are both Auto and Manual variants. 
Now that these cars are 10+ years old fuel figures may vary - i.e you could find a Belta that does worse than a Yaris and vice versa.  There are many B/New Yaris still with the first owner with verifiable service records and all maintained at agents so the chance of finding a well maintained Yaris is higher than a Belta. Also due to public perceptions the Belta 1.3's are priced higher than Yaris usually 
What I'd do if I were you :
Look for both cars - buy one with a good maintenance history, apparent honest seller and good condition irrespective if it's a Yaris or a Belta. Avoid 1.0 L Beltas. 
Also I wouldn't pay extra for the Belta over a Yaris. 
If manual is ok with you Manual Yaris are going for pretty low prices. 
Thank you for your support..

Sent from my STK-L22 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk