• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

GT Tyres

Ekendraed

GT tyres are ok for the price you pay. But they are hard (uncomfortable), noisy and not that good in slippery conditions.  This was regarding the Champiro series by GT. Better to get something like Maxxis or if budget is not much of a problem, Bridgestone Ecopia.

Edited by alpha17

I have been using Nexen for quite some time. I have so far done over 50k kms and have had no issues..

Perhaps the M & S tyres were not meant to be used for normal road use? I am buying the tyres directly from the importer and the shipment is due anytime now...so fresh stocks 

Edited by Ekendraed

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

I had a terrible terrible experience with Nexen. Tyres started cracking (something similar to this) within less than a year. The manufacture date wasn't too long ago either, but horror of all horrors, I found that the tyres they sold me were mud and snow tyres.

So I would stay away from Nexen.

Does that mean it’s like a winter tyre? I thought those were sort of like all terrain tyres.

6 hours ago, Ekendraed said:

Thank you alpha17.

Unfortunately Maxix is not available at the dealer near me and he is offering me NAKEN or SILVERSTONE tyres,

Are these OK??

The other option is NEXEN tyres. These are good

What’s your vehicle? 

5 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Does that mean it’s like a winter tyre? I thought those were sort of like all terrain tyres.

That's what tyre manufacturers usually claim. But if you think logically, if they make a tyre (or any product) to support all conditions, they don't support any condition properly. Perhaps these tyres are made for moderate to cold climates. Sri Lanka on the other hand, is hot and humid. Judging by the appearance of the tyres, it was weather-related wear and most likely caused due to the M+S factor.

In any case, if an official agent imports tyres rated for 'snow' to Sri Lanka, they need to get their head examined.

4 hours ago, Ekendraed said:

Perhaps Magnum should contact Richard Pieris & Company and make an official complaint...

No it was I who faced the problem. I made a formal complaint to the importer and also wrote to the manufacturer  (Nexen in Korea) expressing my displeasure. The manufacturer replied with the usual non-binding apology. The importer didn't bother at all.

This happened around 2015 btw. I have long since chucked those tyres and replaced them with Kumhos. Never had any problem with the Kumho tyres.

BTW if you are looking for Korean-made tyres, I have had a very good experience with Hankook. A Japanese brand that you can get for a reasonable price is Sumitomo. Sumitomo is the OEM for brands like Dunlop in Japan.

Edited by Crosswind

17 hours ago, Ekendraed said:

Hyundai Tucson 2012 diesel 

Try Kumho or Hankook or Sumitomo.

i think Hyundai and Kia vehicles come with Hankook tyres from factory as well

17 hours ago, Crosswind said:

That's what tyre manufacturers usually claim. But if you think logically, if they make a tyre (or any product) to support all conditions, they don't support any condition properly. Perhaps these tyres are made for moderate to cold climates. Sri Lanka on the other hand, is hot and humid. Judging by the appearance of the tyres, it was weather-related wear and most likely caused due to the M+S factor.

In any case, if an official agent imports tyres rated for 'snow' to Sri Lanka, they need to get their head examined.

Sounds like they are all season tyres, I think SL weather requires summer tyres. I know someone who recently bought these tyres, will see how they will perform.

8 hours ago, Ekendraed said:

Thanks...buying from Richard Pieris..new stocks arriving this week. Costing nearly 100k!!!

What is the tyre size for Tucson? 

I am also looking to change my set of tires for Sorento. 255/55/R19  Hope it won't cost a fortune.